Aftermarket stereo owners....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Aftermarket stereo owners.... in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey guys, Now I cant be sure if its since I installed the new stereo or not or weather it ...
    CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

Aftermarket stereo owners....

Hey guys,
    Now I cant be sure if its since I installed the new stereo or not or weather it was before, possibly not as the owner had it laid up quite a bit before me, but im getting a battery drain!
    One thing I've noticed is that whenever I put the battery on after charging it up, I get a long beep from what I would guess must be the bose amp?
    I seem to recall getting other beeps now and then at certain intervals (not the hey dumbass stuff though other beeps), where before I don't believe I did, maybe might have to try back to stock at some point and see what difference it makes.
    Whatever it is its quite annoying, last time I used the car was last 8 days ago and now today the battery has dropped so the car wont start up, would you say that was normal, any suggestions on what to try to diagnose the drains source would be appreciated, I'm also thinking of unplugging the dimmer light in the car to see if that may or may not be the source, but shall be keeping an eye on the voltages like a hawk!

All the best

Stu

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack
    Not sure about the beeps etc, but how old is the battery? It kinda sounds like something is actually wrong, but if your battery is a couple-few years old , it could just be time for a new one.

Re: Aftermarket stereo owners....

Don't think the battery much older than a year if that bought the car in July and it had a new battery before the keys were handed over.

arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSUK
    Hey guys,
    Now I cant be sure if its since I installed the new stereo or not or weather it was before, possibly not as the owner had it laid up quite a bit before me, but im getting a battery drain!
    One thing I've noticed is that whenever I put the battery on after charging it up, I get a long beep from what I would guess must be the bose amp?
    I seem to recall getting other beeps now and then at certain intervals (not the hey dumbass stuff though other beeps), where before I don't believe I did, maybe might have to try back to stock at some point and see what difference it makes.
    Whatever it is its quite annoying, last time I used the car was last 8 days ago and now today the battery has dropped so the car wont start up, would you say that was normal, any suggestions on what to try to diagnose the drains source would be appreciated, I'm also thinking of unplugging the dimmer light in the car to see if that may or may not be the source, but shall be keeping an eye on the voltages like a hawk!

All the best

Stu
    Overhead console/bezel was my source of power drain.

disconnected my overhead, see how it goes!

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

8 days in near freezing weather. Honestly, that would be normal for a battery to die with this type of car. I have shops in my area that place batteries on trickle chargers if the car is gonna be in the shop for a few days.

On another note, are you mocking me with the "hey dumbass" beep? lol

KOT

haha.

Another thing ive noticed, when i switch the car off and go to exit, im getting 3 beeps in succession as I get out of the car, if needeth be i can do a video

Stu

Looks like it could have been the battery on its way out, will only know from a new battery now old one will not charge at all!
    Any of the UK guys chime in what side terminal batteries there are available to fit?, I have a top post conversion on mine and it looks ghastly under the bonnet (hood for you foreigners ).
    Ive seen a numax one on tayna batteries but cant be sure that it will fit my tray or not http://www.tayna.co.uk/78-6MF-Americ...ery-P7821.html

Many thanks

Stuart

Be an odd one this one, ive tried a few things now, if i leave the battery unhooked for a few days and then hook it back up its fine.
    I removed the stereo and pac-os-2cts adapter out of the equation, as did I unplug the dimmer switch map light console, and the amp fuse, and the stereo fuse.
    whatever it is its occurring in standby mode.
    Think I will take the battery off the car and take it to be tested before I start looking into stuff further.

Stuart

I got to the bottom of this eventually, so thought I would post my findings.
    Some wazzock had put in a battery to tall to fit under the hood, though the battery jacket provided some isolation to the terminals it was still passing charge through the hood which caused a slow drain.

A word of advice: **DON'T BE A CHEAPSKATE, FIT THE RIGHT BATTERY FOR THE RIGHT CAR, DON'T CUT CORNERS LIKE PREVIOUS OWNERS OF MY CAR DID**

If there are any other UK owners on here that have had the terminals converted to top post rather than side post I would urge you to put it back how it should be and use one of these batteries instead.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3007155275...84.m1439.l2649

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.