Replace CTS emergency brake shoes.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Replace CTS emergency brake shoes. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Had to replace the LR hub (ended up removing the entire knuckle assy) and now cannot figure out how to ...
    pwclark is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts

Replace CTS emergency brake shoes.

Had to replace the LR hub (ended up removing the entire knuckle assy) and now cannot figure out how to put the ebrake shoe back (it fell out when I removed the rotor). Rebuilt the adjuster; shoe(s) are a 1 piece assy. and I have one funky spring which goes in there somehow. Help, please.

----------

I should have said PARKING brake!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jim's 06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Replace CTS emergency brake shoes.

If they're anything like a Corvette parking brake assembly, PAY SOMEONE ELSE TO DO THIS. I once foolishly volunteered to R&R the parking brakes on a friend's '69 Corvette. At that time I had about 200+ brake jobs under my belt, on all kinds of cars with no problems. A quick check of a reputable Corvette restoration web site (parking brake section) started with the words "This is the most difficult repair I've ever made on a Corvette". Did I listen? Noooooo.

Everything comes out easily, but reassembly is hellishly difficult, involving dental floss and open flame. Get professional advice about the CTS before starting this job. (I haven't done a CTS yet [it might be easy], but ask around first.)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.