New valve covers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, New valve covers in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; So today I took on the Pcv upgrade and putting new valve covers on as well as new cabin filter ...
    arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
    So today I took on the Pcv upgrade and putting new valve covers on as well as new cabin filter and what a job the valve covers are. Patience is a must for this task but its not terribly hard, a lot of the top end of the motor needs to be removed. Toll me close to 8 hours (with quite a few breaks as patience was being tested) a variety of tools are needed as well. I used the new kobalt ratchet that twists on the handle to losses and tighten up nuts that are broke free or ready to be tightened and it def helped a lot especially for hard to reach spots and socket wrenches help a lot too all torx heads I used 8mm socket wrench with 11point heads, there was another size socket i used but cant remember what size but i think it was 10mm for all torx heads on the plenum which was also an 11 point, and an Allen wrench for the internal torx heads on the intake manifold. Torque wrench with in/lbs is required for proper.torque specs also. I have very few pictures I took but I can post up the two I have Tom but they are just pics of the valve covers off.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Re: New valve covers

with SHORTSTACK's help, i will be tackling this in a couple of weeks. we may drink too much beer in the process, but we will get it done.

arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
    Quote Originally Posted by josney
    with SHORTSTACK's help, i will be tackling this in a couple of weeks. we may drink too much beer in the process, but we will get it done.
    Lol I was recovering from Friday nights shots and beer while doing this so that could be another reason I was slowed down. Make sure you keep track of what goes where cuz once you get down to the valve covers you'll have quite a mess of screws.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.