Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Interior/Exterior LED's

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package

Interior/Exterior LED's

I have done a search on changing all my lights to LED. Problem is, I am more confused now than I was when I started. All this LED technology is new to me. In the search I have seen 3 different places talked about.

www.autolumination.com
    www.superbrightleds.com
    www.vleds.com

I have a list of the bulbs to be changed and their number but I am missing a few. Can someone help me out with the rest of the numbers and give me some idea which lights I should be getting. They talk about 5 led and 9 led lights and the 194's come in a 360 style, a flank style and a forward style......kind of a lot of different stuff. From what I have read vled's are pretty awesome. Autolumination has a good switchback led for the turn signal. I plan to get the clear fogs and sidemarkers so I will use the switchback for the turns.

Any help would be great. Here are the bulbs and numbers I have. Please add the ones I am missing.

Headlight corners - 194
    Turn sig. in fog light - switchback 3157
    fog light -
    side marker - 194
    interior dome -
    footwells - 194
    door lights - 921
    licence plate - 194
    reverse - 3156

Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
    Quote Originally Posted by Blayne
    I have done a search on changing all my lights to LED. Problem is, I am more confused now than I was when I started. All this LED technology is new to me. In the search I have seen 3 different places talked about.

www.autolumination.com
    www.superbrightleds.com
    www.vleds.com

I have a list of the bulbs to be changed and their number but I am missing a few. Can someone help me out with the rest of the numbers and give me some idea which lights I should be getting. They talk about 5 led and 9 led lights and the 194's come in a 360 style, a flank style and a forward style......kind of a lot of different stuff. From what I have read vled's are pretty awesome. Autolumination has a good switchback led for the turn signal. I plan to get the clear fogs and sidemarkers so I will use the switchback for the turns.

Any help would be great. Here are the bulbs and numbers I have. Please add the ones I am missing.

Headlight corners - 194
    Turn sig. in fog light - switchback 3157
    fog light -
    side marker - 194
    interior dome -
    footwells - 194
    door lights - 921
    licence plate - 194
    reverse - 3156

Thanks!!!
    I went with 3157 25led for the reverse bulbs.
    Map lights 194x2
    Under dash RL4410 561led x2 (the base of the bulb is a bit big so the plastic where the bulb goes needs a little modification to fit)
    Rear dome 4411 578led
    Doors & trunk 4211 x3

Quote Originally Posted by arogers260

I went with 3157 25led for the reverse bulbs.
    Map lights 194x2
    Under dash RL4410 561led x2 (the base of the bulb is a bit big so the plastic where the bulb goes needs a little modification to fit)
    Rear dome 4411 578led
    Doors & trunk 4211 x3
    Ok cool, which company did you get them from? And I guess you didn't do the head and fog lights yet?

Ok cool, which company did you get them from? And I guess you didn't do the head and fog lights yet?
    I'm not going to do the turn signals, fog lights, or headlights since I have hids and not trying to wire in resistors for the car to recognize the lower voltage bulbs, and flashers. I bought from superbrightleds if u want I can post a pic of the receipt for better referencing on exact bulb numbers and cost?

Re: Interior/Exterior LED's

That would be great. I remember you posting a receipt before. Your thread was the one I was looking for to get the info. I have HID lights also, but do I need resistors if I want to do the factory fog lights or is it just a bulb change?

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

i followed the advice of the write-up in the DIY section. got all of mine changed without a hitch, makes a huge difference

That would be great. I remember you posting a receipt before. Your thread was the one I was looking for to get the info. I have HID lights also, but do I need resistors if I want to do the factory fog lights or is it just a bulb change?
    I didn't write that thread up but that's what I made my purchase from was what everyone else posted on there in the DIY section.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Check out the thread by 'andrewshenk' on leds. That's the one I followed.
    I ordered mine from superbright. If you email them a question they will answer. I had a peoblem with LP bulbs & triangles flickering.
    They recommended a different bulb(SMD ?), not sure now. No problems for about a year now.