Need a trusted dealership in the Northern Virginia area
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Scott Bearden
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Need a trusted dealership in the Northern Virginia area in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Right after hurricane Sandy I got into my car after it being parked for three days and my right tie ...
    Scott Bearden is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 3.6L

Need a trusted dealership in the Northern Virginia area

Right after hurricane Sandy I got into my car after it being parked for three days and my right tie rod was bent for some unknown reason. There was no event like curb checking it or hitting a pot hole to explain. It is a mystery. But anyhow I called the nearest GM dealership, Lindsay Chevrolet, and they sent a tow truck. While it was in I asked them to flush the coolant and perform a BG transmission flush since it was 25K miles since the last one supposedly when I bought it.

They proceeded to throw in the kitchen sink. They told me I needed an oil change, a new air intake filter and a new cabin filter. They were lying about even looking the car over because just 2000 miles before I had changed all three. And the computer said there was still 75% life left. Even the transmission fluid said it had 75% life left, but I wanted it changed and asked for it to be done. They told me I needed new brakes despite just having it state inspected 3 weeks prior and that mechanic confirmed my brakes were great. They didn't look at anything as far as I am concerned. I was obviously pissed about them suggesting that I needed any of the other things done, but the sales rep was unfazed by any of the contradictory evidence I pointed out. After they fixed the tie rod and steering column under warranty the guy had the nerve to ask me to pay them the $3000 so they can balance their books and they would refund the money to me. From beginning to end I felt like I was being jerked around.

After a couple of weeks my car now rattles in the front left when making left hand turns and occasionally loses traction on left and u-turns going at relatively low speed. Even the computer will flash momentarily telling me traction control has been engaged. I noticed the other day after parking my car and making a sharp right into the spot that my right tire was leaning at an angle. I don't think that is normal, but it sure didn't look good.

This evening I changed my oil (early at 45%) and noticed some dark brown stuff around the transmission fluid reservoir. I opened it up and it smelled sweet and looked dark brown. I turned on the car and flipped the display over the transmission fluid and SOB they didn't change the fluid!

When I left the dealership I pressed the guy about the blistering paint on my hood that is a common occurrence on our model and covered by a TSB. He just shrugged it off.

I also have a broken key fob and non-working lumbar support that I would like squared away along with the rattling and traction issues. Not to mention the corrosion on the hood matched by the TSB.

Quite frankly I am tired of being treated like I just bought a Dodge and this isn't the kind of customer care I expected when purchasing my Cadillac. So is there anywhere local to me that anybody trusts?

----------

Oh, and my car now leans down in the front right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Need a trusted dealership in the Northern Virginia area

Another thing I should add is that it is a 2007 CTS 3.6L with 63000 miles. Oh and the Bose sub woofer in the rear window doesn't work.

I talked on the phone with a Cadillac customer care rep and they want me to bring it back to these guys and have them make it right. She also said the Cadillac regional manager will be getting in touch with me after Christmas.

When pressed about the corrosion or "blistering" on my hood she told me that the TSB didn't apply to my VIN because my car was made in 2007 and the TSB is for pre-2007 despite the same exact parts are being used. It doesn't take Matlock to figure out the connection.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Scott, I can definitely understand your frustrations, so I'm pleased to see you're working towards a resolution with one of my phone hotline counterparts! If you ever would like me to check for updates in your case with our Customer Assistance Center, then please email me with your case number and I can investigate for you. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Katie,

I appreciate your support and I will keep you informed of the outcome. This was a great car when I bought it and hopefully they can get it back to 100%.

Thank you,

Scott

Katie,

According to Lindsay Chevrolet's social media consultant on twitter they have voided and refunded my GM extended warranty protection plan. I did not ask for that. What I want is for them to complete the services that I paid them for to include the warranty work that they should be standing behind whether it was warranty work or not. Actually what I would prefer is another dealership you trust who can take an honest and objective look at my car. This is very disheartening and extraordinarily damaging to the Cadillac brand and the credibility of an extended warranty at the time of purchase. Now my car is left with a ton of repairs, some of which I believe they are liable for, all of which should be covered under that warranty. And now they are waging war on me instead of having integrity and righting their wrongs. This behavior by them destroys brand loyalty. I brought my car in to be fixed and now I am living in a nightmare. Can you please help?

Thank you,

Scott

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I'm very sorry to hear that, Scott! I'm definitely happy to explore your next steps with you; however, I'm only in the office for five more minutes today (I work 8am-4:30pm EST). I will definitely check my emails when I return to work tomorrow, but if you would like more immediate assistance then I recommend getting in touch with my phone hotline counterparts. Cadillac Customer Assistance Center agents are available at 800-458-8006, open Mon to Sat, 8am to 9pm EST.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.