My new 20" Lorenzo's
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, My new 20" Lorenzo's in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Lovin these wheels! http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/...AA841F8ABC.jpg http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/...AA799EFCBD.jpg...
    VaderWS6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS

My new 20" Lorenzo's

Lovin these wheels!

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/...AA841F8ABC.jpg

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/...AA799EFCBD.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Not a fan of chrome on my own cars but they look good on yours. That tight triple spoke design is going to be a PITA to clean. Looks good. Now just needs a bit of a lower.

Me likey!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne
    Not a fan of chrome on my own cars but they look good on yours. That tight triple spoke design is going to be a PITA to clean. Looks good. Now just needs a bit of a lower.

Me likey!!!!
    Thanks man, I'm not a fan of big of big wheels but I couldn't pass on this deal. I like these because they look clean and not too outrageous like some. I'll have to store them in a couple weeks though haha

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Re: My new 20" Lorenzo's

IMO, anything chrome is outrageous. To be honest, i dont like them at all. They do not compliment the class that this specific car carries. That stick on vent thing you have on the fender................... just stop it.... Right now. I do like that ws6 though. What year 2001-3? I had a 2008 when i was 21. Loved that car.

rogersks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Are you from ky? I know I seen the exact wheels on Craigslist a few days ago lol

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTSTACK
    IMO, anything chrome is outrageous. To be honest, i dont like them at all. They do not compliment the class that this specific car carries. That stick on vent thing you have on the fender................... just stop it.... Right now. I do like that ws6 though. What year 2001-3? I had a 2008 when i was 21. Loved that car.
    Class? Gotta be kidding me, it's a first gen cts... Looks like a grandma's car stock. I don't know anyone who says "man, I want a 1st gen cts one day" lol I don't take my cts seriously, it's a daily driver, and I do what I can to distance myself from a car that looks like a prunemobile. I've always loved 2nd gen cts's though, they're miles ahead in appearance compared to the 1st gen.

You had a 2008 what? 2002 was the last year for the Firebird/Trans Am/WS6. My 2001 Trans Am WS6 is the car I take seriously. One of my all time favorite car designs ever, since the 4th gen WS6 debuted in 1998. The cts saves miles from being put on the WS6 haha Looking for a white diamond 2nd gen cts coupe though, I'll sell my 05 pretty soon once I find the right coupe.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

I'm not always in love with chrome wheels, but I think I like them...I Think...lol But something looks odd to me, I can't figure it out. Always fun modding your car though, regardless of what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen
    I'm not always in love with chrome wheels, but I think I like them...I Think...lol But something looks odd to me, I can't figure it out. Always fun modding your car though, regardless of what others think.
    Is it the angle of the second picture that looks odd? Rear tire looks small in that pic. It's funny because I've left this car stock since I bought it in 2007, then all of a sudden I start messing with it a few months ago lol You should see the 7 color, 130 setting led strip that lights my entire plastic chrome grill haha Even has a remote control :P I'm just about done though, gotta black out the nasty orange daytime running lamps, install the chrome mesh grills over the fog light areas, give the headlights a frowny look, tint the rear lights, install all the new high/low/fog lights, clear side markers. Maybe I should replace the leather with red velvet? Haha

----------

Check this out

http://i1336.photobucket.com/albums/...3EC062D3FF.jpg

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Quote Originally Posted by VaderWS6

Class? Gotta be kidding me, it's a first gen cts... Looks like a grandma's car stock. I don't know anyone who says "man, I want a 1st gen cts one day" lol I don't take my cts seriously, it's a daily driver, and I do what I can to distance myself from a car that looks like a prunemobile. I've always loved 2nd gen cts's though, they're miles ahead in appearance compared to the 1st gen.
    Actually, I kinda take offense too all that you just said. If anyone's gotta be kidding, it's you.

I'm a very young driver, more than likely part of a far younger generation than you, and I will assure you that 95% of the people I know who have seen my car find it (as well as most other first gen CTS's) to be a very youthful and sporty looking car. Not once has anyone called it a "grandma's prunemobile", and who else but my generation would be the best judge of what's youthful and modern?? (Bet Thlorenzen can vouch for me on this!)
    Dozens of people I know have wished for a first gen CTS after seeing mine. Sure, it isn't as sporty and great as a new CTS coupe, certainly not as sporty as a 1st or 2nd gen CTS-V, and personally I don't find it as sporty as the 2nd gen sedan CTS's either, however I've even had people tell me they like mine better than the new sedan CTS's. Regardless, the CTS in every case I've ever seen, goes to completely revoke Cadillac's image as an old man's car.
    So I believe you should either sell it, or start taking your CTS seriously and stop holding it in contempt...it's a fine, classy yet sporty looking car with a decent bit of "go". The only reason someone would think it looks like shit is because of all the chrome pieces you add on that do nothing but devalue the car and make it look like a "pimpmobile", and that's not a compliment...

Not heated, just wanted to defend what I and most of the people on this forum love and do take seriously
    And wow, I didn't mean to type quite so much. Got a bit carried away there...

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by VaderWS6 View Post

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

i like the look of chrome wheels, so i wont bust yer balls of the chrome wheels. i think the wheels are ok. but i will agree with the 'pimpmobile" comment. get rid of the chrome vents and all the chrome door thingys...looks likes crap. BUT, if you like it...go for it. i am just glad i dont drive it. and get rid of that sunroof thing also. i had one of those on a honda civic one time.
    SHORTSTACK and SHORTSTACK like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacAsAlways

Actually, I kinda take offense too all that you just said. If anyone's gotta be kidding, it's you.

I'm a very young driver, more than likely part of a far younger generation than you, and I will assure you that 95% of the people I know who have seen my car find it (as well as most other first gen CTS's) to be a very youthful and sporty looking car. Not once has anyone called it a "grandma's prunemobile", and who else but my generation would be the best judge of what's youthful and modern?? (Bet Thlorenzen can vouch for me on this!)
    Dozens of people I know have wished for a first gen CTS after seeing mine. Sure, it isn't as sporty and great as a new CTS coupe, certainly not as sporty as a 1st or 2nd gen CTS-V, and personally I don't find it as sporty as the 2nd gen sedan CTS's either, however I've even had people tell me they like mine better than the new sedan CTS's. Regardless, the CTS in every case I've ever seen, goes to completely revoke Cadillac's image as an old man's car.
    So I believe you should either sell it, or start taking your CTS seriously and stop holding it in contempt...it's a fine, classy yet sporty looking car with a decent bit of "go". The only reason someone would think it looks like shit is because of all the chrome pieces you add on that do nothing but devalue the car and make it look like a "pimpmobile", and that's not a compliment...

Not heated, just wanted to defend what I and most of the people on this forum love and do take seriously
    And wow, I didn't mean to type quite so much. Got a bit carried away there...
    No problem man, some people get very emotional when it comes to their ride. I bought the car when I was 25, thought it looked ok for a daily driver, had decent power for getting around traffic, good gas mileage, and room. Around here, it's RARE to see someone under 50 driving a 1st gen cts. I don't hate the car, it just doesn't hold a candle to the 2nd gen appearance wise. And I would never try to sell my cts with the chrome or 20's still on, I'm not stupid haha The 2nd gen has quite a bit of stock chrome, and it looks outstanding. Nothing but compliments on my car as well, just depends on tastes. I became annoyed with the old tired stock look, and decided to go in a totally different direction with it. Baby blue paint w/ Lambo doors wouldn't be out of the question lol Now I would NEVER do something like that to my WS6, Vette, or if I get a 2nd gen cts. Might even rip out the 3.6 and swap for a used LS1 motor and 4L60E tranny (got t-56 manual 6sp in the ws6 and vette, the cts will continue to be a cruiser only). You should see some of the 1st gen cts's in Louisville, highly modified inside and out. You would sh-t bricks my friend haha

----------

By the way, did anyone look at the pic I posted of the cts with the "eyelids" and matching grill/foglight inserts? I like that a lot. That's what the 1st gen should have come from the factory looking like, mean.

----------

But hey, it's an American car, and that's all I buy. And I support American cars 100%, just some of them need to be modified hehe

It's funny, I have no problems with chrome & 20's on a Cadillac, but NO WAY on an American sports, pony, or muscle car.
    SHORTSTACK and SHORTSTACK like this.

illbethere1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 3.6 cts, 2011 AWD coupe cts

You hit the nail right on the head bro. The 1st gens VERY dated. I'm moving up to a 2nd gen coup in the spring because I've had my fun with this car already and know its limitations. Not bashing this at all just woke up and smelled the coffee 6 months after buying it. I've tried most upgrades to try to modernize the look (new headlights, ledtail/middle light/side mirror led,high quality vinyl interior trim (gloss black n chrome)which was the best mod, etc) but in the end it's all of course just superficial and alot of green spent. But it was fun and time to move on and not stay static in time concerning taste like most people here and there. BTW, TA/ Vader, use to be my thing also. I still collect authentic vader castings.
    Quote Originally Posted by VaderWS6 View Post

You had a 2008 what? 2002 was the last year for the Firebird/Trans Am/WS6. My 2001 Trans Am WS6 is the car I take seriously. One of my all time favorite car designs ever, since the 4th gen WS6 debuted in 1998. The cts saves miles from being put on the WS6 haha Looking for a white diamond 2nd gen cts coupe though, I'll sell my 05 pretty soon once I find the right coupe.

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Haha well, I dunno if I'd call myself emotional but yeah I was like "ohhh hell no he just called my baby a prunemobile!".
    But yeah I gotcha. Around where i live it's rare to see anyone under 25 driving a 1st gen CTS but I have seen a few 20 year olds drive by me with their 1st gen CTS that has been tastefully modded...we make eye contact and give each other a little nod. I think for the money it's a great car that looks decently modern. As far as appearance goes I wouldn't call it "VERY dated" as illbethere1 put it, because a lot of people think my car is an 09 just from looking at it, but it is missing many of the new features that new luxury cars have such as LEDs, etc.

But hey, if you judge a car by that stuff then a 69' Camaro in pristine condition and a beautiful color would be considered practically worthless, but as we know those things are highly desirable by many people. I happen to have an 03 CTS, and the body style, at least in my opinion, has maintained it's modernness and style very very well. IMO, any 03-04 Audi or BMW looks WAY more outdated than my CTS, and people generally agree.
    Now, I'm not trying to be some blind defender of a CTS...if I had the money for a new CTS I'd buy it in a heartbeat. A V2 coupe looks perfect. But I don't, and after all...regardless of whether you think the 1st gen CTS looks outdated or not, it looks better than any brand new Civic or car similar to that. The CTS definitely stands out and turns heads. I personally love it, for good or for bad.

Oh, and actually yes I can see how from your perspective, when you compare it to your other cars especially the Corvette, the CTS can look unsporty and old. That's understandable. But I don't own a vette, I own an 09 Traverse and a 2001 Suburban. I'm also comparing my CTS to everyday cars, and compared to everyday cars the CTS looks fantastic and sporty. And I would love to see some of those CTS's in Louisville haha.

And excellent. I support American cars all the way, especially GM. That's not to say I blindly support them though...I wouldn't buy a piece of junk, but if they put out something competitive I will buy it over foreign any day.

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Im glad you guys kept that civil. Good job. Usually it gets pretty heated and words are said, feelings are hurt etc.....

I meant to say 1998 Dennis Mecham trans am. I had a white one, with blue rally stripes, i ended up painting it black. It came with a roll cage and about 600hp. I spent more money paying on insurance then the actual car payment. I loved that car so much. I would love to have it back but it totaled it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.