Where is fuel injector #1? Getting P0201 and P0301
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Where is fuel injector #1? Getting P0201 and P0301 in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Where is fuel injector #1 located? I'm getting P0201 (injector circuit/open - cylinder #1) and P0301 (Cylinder 1 miss-fire detected). ...
    hey8you is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

Exclamation Where is fuel injector #1? Getting P0201 and P0301

Where is fuel injector #1 located? I'm getting P0201 (injector circuit/open - cylinder #1) and P0301 (Cylinder 1 miss-fire detected).

I have been getting a rough idle on and off for the past few days. The engine light would also flash during the rough idle times. It started last week and I though maybe I got bad gas since my mileage had dropped alot on one of the last fill ups(2 fill ups ago). For some reason, it was fine when I went to Sacramento and back. It was fine for thoes 2 days so I just thought my gas theory was correct. Now that im back its deciding to do it again. I'm going to check the wire harness but I have no idea where it is. I know what a fuel injector looks like and where the injectors are located. I just don't know which one is #1. What else can I do to check them? Check the resistance on the injector? Thanks guys.

BTW, this is on a 2005 CTS, 3.6l just over 100,000 miles. I may try to get a new injector locally so I can swap it out this weekend.

Forgot to add. Don't know if this matters, but I had P0430 for over year. When I clear it, it does not come back for several months. I also have P0451 for about 3 weeks. I already replaced the gas cap and Evap Canister Vent Solenoid(think thats what its called) but the code comes right back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ricoZg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6L
    Fuel injector #1 is on the passenger side at the front of the engine. My car was doing the same thing but I had P0204 and P0304. I ended up needing to replace the fuel injector.

ngoodnight01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS

Re: Where is fuel injector #1? Getting P0201 and P0301

201 is the injector fault 301 is a misfire codes. The injector fault will cause a misfire code as that cylinder is not firing. The P0420 is a CAT efficiency code which means the test that the PCM runs to determine if your catalyst is working correctly failed. Most likely either a lazy #2 O2 or a failed catalyst. These also have PCM injector driver issues which is what mine was the injector ended up taking out the PCM.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Fix the injector/misfire first, clear the codes & see if the 02 code comes back.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hey8you, I see you're in the middle of getting great feedback from forum members! If your concerns persist, then I do suggest visiting your dealer for service. And I'm available if you would like any assistance working with your dealer. Please send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and I would be happy to explore your options.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks for thy replies guys. I did not realize that removal of the intake plenum is needed just to touch the injectors. I was barley able to touch the connector on the injector in question. I pushed it to see if it was loose but unfortunately I had my problem on the way back from the dealer. I ended up ordering the upper intake gasket and a injector from the dealer. It was expensive but no one else had it in stock. The dealer can at lease get me the injector today. Hopefully it last until Monday since I don't have my service Manuel here and I have no idea how long it takes to swap out one injector.

Is there a write up here oreplacingng the injector? Maybe I can swap it out before I goto work if its not raining and it doesn't take too long. What about relieving fuel pressure? I remember from skimming my service manuel, I had to remove some items under the windshield wipers arms just to get to the fuel service port.

ngoodnight01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS

Take the 13mm head bolts off of the top of the plenum I think there is 6, 4 long and 2 short. There are 4 10mm head small bolts on plenum that hold on small brackets and wiring. Then you have the tall ball head stud on the right front which you will need a 10mm wrench to get off. Make sure you unplug the Map and the variable intake motor on the back of the plenum and remove from vehicle. Then unbolt the fuel rail and slowly remove. Be careful the injection rail is under a lot of fuel pressure so you will have to bleed it off slowly so it doesn't get in your eyeballs. Then remove the injector. Not terribly difficult.

Sounds easy. For some reason it now wants to act worse at night. The dealer was able to get me an injector so I now have everything I need. I plan to replace on Monday morning.

erdoc48 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD, Platinum Ice

I had a P0304 and P0305 code last month when we took the CTS to South Carolina. I didn't have the tools to dismantle the injectors when I was there, and needed to get back home, so I cleared the codes, and then ran some Regane fuel injector cleaner in the tank. I had the rough idle as well. I used the most concentrated Regane (with the lube in the formula) and it's been fine since then. It might be worth a try. It might not work, but if it does, it's better than taking everything apart. I had spoken to my brother about that event, and he said sometimes the injector will stay open (varnish related), allow pressurized gas to flow in the cylinder when the car is off, and when you start the car, you have liquid gas igniting in the cylinder causing the misfire. Like I had mentioned, your injector might be bad, but I'd rather go from a less invasive intervention to one that requires more work.

Now I jut feel dumb, I never thought to try a fuel injector cleaner first, DOH. Ill go to the store today and give it a try.

erdoc48 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 SRX Performance FWD, Platinum Ice

Quote Originally Posted by hey8you View Post
    Now I jut feel dumb, I never thought to try a fuel injector cleaner first, DOH. Ill go to the store today and give it a try.
    No guarantees but it can't hurt to try. Be sure to clear your codes by a code reader or by disconnecting the negative battery terminal for 15 minutes or so.

Ture, If this works I'll just keep the injector. When I change the spark plugs i'll also swap out all of the injectors at the same time.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

You should use a fuel system cleaner regularly. At every oil change or every other. Especially if you use ethanol based fuel.

I used to but havent been doing it for a while.

Cant get the fuel rail to come out. Any ideas? I already removed the 3 bolts and have been trying to rock it out. I only need to move it out enough to remove the one injector.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.