Opinions!?!?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Opinions!?!? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Ok so I am going to be going to North Carolina in the spring to go to the Tale of ...
    Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Ok so I am going to be going to North Carolina in the spring to go to the Tale of the Dragon and Blue Ridge Mountains. I have been planning on taking my wife's Mini Cooper S. I have a reduction pulley for the supercharger, a CAI, and reprogrammed computer. It has about 205hp now. I know it's not earth shattering, but the car only weighs 2600 pounds. It handles like a go kart with headlights and heat. The thing is, I live in Ontario Canada. It's a long drive in the Mini with not a lot of creature comforts. I am planning on doing an isolator and rims and coilovers on my 06. With wheels and coilovers and a volant and isolator on the caddy, which would you guys drive? Keep in mind that the reason to go there is to tear up the mountain roads. I am going with a friend with a S/C S2000 with 330hp and I am afraid he will loose me huge in the caddy. The Mini will at least stay somewhat close to him.

Feel free to voice opinions!

----------

P.S. don't do like I did and start trashing a Mini Cooper unless you have driven one. They are insanely fun to drive and very fast in stock form. A few mods and it will put the smack down to a lot of big fast cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Re: Opinions!?!?

i am sure the mini is a fun car to drive. like driving a high-powered go-kart, which would be fun as crap. i would still have to take the cts though. tough choice

AmericanMuscle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Isn't the speed limit on the Blue Ridge Mountain roads like 35 mph? Unless you can find a place that is wide open without traffic (or cops) either car is overkill for speed limits that low.

Lzr
    Lzr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS - 3.6L, perf pkg, RX catch can, Vmax Ice, Volant CAI

opinions are like aholes, everyones has one...
    important thing is you pick the car your like most and think you'll have the best time with...

is the mini seating confortable ?
    cuz both these cars will do the speed limit

Well that's the thing. The seats are decent but there are no arm rests, and it doesn't have cruise control which sucks donkey nuts. Good point about the speed limit. I guess I can only go so fast. I plan on going with a full coilover setup. Probably KW, and some front and rear sway bars and a set of 19 or 20" rims. I would like to believe that even being a heavier car, it would still handle great. Plus the Caddy has XM sat and is really comfy. Man, leaning towards the caddy now.

Continue to discuss.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 130k
    Take the Cadillac...

Just for the cruise control. Took my friends Malibu (cruise control out) from MN to NE once, only about 6 hours and I drove...SUCKED!
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

While the point of the trip may be to carve the mountain roads, there's an awful lot of long haul cruising to get there and get back. Based on that, I'd want the car that's more comfortable for the thousands of miles of driving you'll be doing.

Even in stock trim, the CTS is an above average handling car, and with the mods you're planning it will be significantly better. While it won't match the corner carving ability of an S2000, I think you'll still have fun with the car. I've been to the Tail of the Dragon once (I need to get back at some point) and IMO it's really more about the experience than about trying to drive insanely fast. While you're in the area, be sure to hit the Cherohala Skyway, too - I actually thought it was more fun to drive on than the Tail.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

I vote for the Caddy.

Maybe we should make this an event for some us folk on here. I am newer to the sight and would like to meet some of the members. I can post up the date of when we are going and we can meet up. Just a thought......

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

thats only a couple of hundred miles away from me, maybe it could work

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.