Death of a CTS - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Death of a CTS in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by Teedoe Don't do it!!! Stick to the lovely CTS. Well the STS may have more options and ...
    CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Quote Originally Posted by Teedoe

Don't do it!!! Stick to the lovely CTS. Well the STS may have more options and I can only imagine the variety of mods out there for it
    Sorry, but I agree with Teedoe.

When I see the STS, I think "The CTS's grandpa". It's just such a more old-man type car to me. Sure, more luxurious and comfort and roomy etc etc. But I'm the type to sacrifice comfort any day for performance and the sport look.

Now..STS-V vs base CTS....I might go with the STS-V in that case. But ONLY that case.

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

Re: Death of a CTS

I have two V's but i do not like shifting all the time. The STS looks more roomy but stil sporty. The sts looks like it might be the best of both worlds between a a cts & dts. I like to travel a lot and the automatic cts is a good fun car to drive but can give a back ache on long trips. The sts is not set in stone but i would like to drive one at least to have a comparison of the handeling.

Quote Originally Posted by J W
    I have two V's but i do not like shifting all the time. The STS looks more roomy but stil sporty. The sts looks like it might be the best of both worlds between a a cts & dts. I like to travel a lot and the automatic cts is a good fun car to drive but can give a back ache on long trips. The sts is not set in stone but i would like to drive one at least to have a comparison of the handeling.
    Yeah I understand. Personally I'd never touch a DTS... Then again I'm quite young so naturally that doesn't appeal to me, and uncomfortableness/achy backs don't afflict me quite that much.
    In addition I'm used to Chevy's. My family's owned almost exclusively one Chevy Suburban and one Chevy crossover/small SUV (think trailblazers, Traverse, etc) since the day I was born. We just kept trading one model in for the new one since the 90s. So naturally, even my CTS feels crazy luxurious to what I'm used to.

Honestly the only thing I really really don't like about STS's are the taillights and rear end section. Should have done a more CTS style rear end/taillights.

Also supposedly the STS is a lot less stiff and rolly than a CTS. What V's do you own though? CTS's?

san2cci is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 3.6 CTS, Volant, V Exhaust, Hotchkis (SOLD!); 2010 2SS

I love the STS-V; I've been looking into a red one...or a 2.0T ATS. The ATS is a litte outta my budget though (45k) but the rear end of the STS-V seems like it never changed and it hurts me to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by san2cci
    I love the STS-V; I've been looking into a red one...or a 2.0T ATS. The ATS is a litte outta my budget though (45k) but the rear end of the STS-V seems like it never changed and it hurts me to look at it.
    Right. I don't mind the STS-V look otherwise, the rear end just looks like some weird adapted version of the DTS. Tisk tisk...

san2cci is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 3.6 CTS, Volant, V Exhaust, Hotchkis (SOLD!); 2010 2SS

Lol that's because the rear is def outdated; as are the people driving the DTS

J W

Have you take any very long trips in your cts. I could drive my avy or ext on a long trip and feel like i just woke up when i get to my destination. It may be the tire i have (had ) on the cts. They were 235 so they took some of the comfort out of the ride. I actually have 2 1/2 V's, One is a project car and the other two are a 04 and 06. I was going to sell the one of them but i waited too long, winter set in. I will sell one this summer when i can get top dollar for it. So depending on what i decide to get now, i will probably get the other next summer. I agree on the back end of the sts but once i get done with it it shoul have a more better look.

Quote Originally Posted by san2cci
    Lol that's because the rear is def outdated; as are the people driving the DTS
    Amen

I even have some quarrels with the XTS. But hey, they did a great job of doing what they intended to. Looks updated, even futuristic, I'm just naturally not a fan of the huge, ultra luxury, non-sporty super sedan.
    I'm sure when I'm in my 60's ill feel differently! Sadly if I was 65 right now and bought an XTS, I wouldn't be able to figure out CUE for my life as a senior citizen ahah

----------

Quote Originally Posted by J W
    Have you take any very long trips in your cts. I could drive my avy or ext on a long trip and feel like i just woke up when i get to my destination. It may be the tire i have (had ) on the cts. They were 235 so they took some of the comfort out of the ride. I actually have 2 1/2 V's, One is a project car and the other two are a 03 and 06. I was going to sell the one of them but i waited too long, winter set in. I will sell one this summer when i can get top dollar for it. So depending on what i decide to get now, i will probably get the other next summer. I agree on the back end of the sts but once i get done with it it shoul have a more better look.
    Oh my god your V's look incredible. With that kinda killer fleet, you more than deserve to own an STS (hell even a DTS) if you so please.

And yeah, I took an 8 hour trip in the CTS, nonstop. My back did get a bit uncomfortable but popping on the seat heater cured it right away. Still much more comfortable than the Traverse for sure! The seats in that crossover have zero hold on you. No cradling at all. One sharp turn to the left and you're flying out the passenger side window!!

J W

When i drive the v i do not get the back ache on a long trip, but i really dont like all the shifting. There fun to drive and you definitely feel the difference and power. I should try regular tires on my next cts but that takes away from the look i like. Thats why i need both cts and sts
    Tlorenzen and Tlorenzen like this.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

I love the STS. and I've drove 3 1250 miles trips and loved all but the last 3 hours each way haha. Love the CTS seats. I could see how shifting would get annoying being in the car that long.

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k
    Quote Originally Posted by CadillacAsAlways

Also supposedly the STS is a lot less stiff and rolly than a CTS.
    Not if you get an STS with the F55 MagnaRide suspension...just as stiff if not stiffer in performance mode, very planted down with little body roll.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

J W

What year STS came with the F55 MagnaRide suspension

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 126k
    I think it was an option on all of them, 2005+
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

J W, I'm so sorry to see you experienced this! I hope everyone involved is alright, and if you would like me to investigate anything on your behalf don't hesitate to email me. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and although I will be leaving the office shortly for the weekend, I will be sure to check my messages when I return to the office Monday morning (12/17)!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

J W

Ok thanks, i'll look for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post

----------

Everyone is fine and thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    J W, I'm so sorry to see you experienced this! I hope everyone involved is alright, and if you would like me to investigate anything on your behalf don't hesitate to email me. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and although I will be leaving the office shortly for the weekend, I will be sure to check my messages when I return to the office Monday morning (12/17)!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

----------

Would that be on the sticker in the spare tiver cover. If so what would the code be.
    Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.