what performance parts would you use?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, what performance parts would you use? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I have a 07 cts sport, been thinking about the usual bolt-ons, exhaust, cold air, and a chip(maybe). What gains ...
    caddyhombre is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Sport

what performance parts would you use?

I have a 07 cts sport, been thinking about the usual bolt-ons, exhaust, cold air, and a chip(maybe).
    What gains can I expect with an exhaust and a air? the stock air intake looks about maximum so, would it make a difference?
    Any thought about a chip, I dont know if they do more harm than good.
    What have you guys done to your cars and what equipment have you used?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: what performance parts would you use?

A tune, CAI, and exhaust may net you about 20 hp.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

I would do a CAI, Exhaust, and Iceolator (look up RevXtreme) and do a tune as your last performance mod. So it can adapt to the changes you've done previously, not after.

The Iceolator is cheap and has produced over 20whp peak on a dyno. Its a great start.

Given the 20 whp and 20 whp expected from the other three thats 40 more to the wheels. Thats almost 50 to the crank putting you up to 300ish crank +/- a few ponies.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    I would do a CAI, Exhaust, and Iceolator (look up RevXtreme) and do a tune as your last performance mod. So it can adapt to the changes you've done previously, not after.

The Iceolator is cheap and has produced over 20whp peak on a dyno. Its a great start.

Given the 20 whp and 20 whp expected from the other three thats 40 more to the wheels. Thats almost 50 to the crank putting you up to 300ish crank +/- a few ponies.
    We have to be competely straight,m tho. Unless Ive missed you or others posting a dyno sheet, the 20 whp you mention was a 3.6L DI, not our 3.6L.
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

True. I wasn't thinking about that..But I'd think its close since I'm able to beat a 2012 Camaro rs with a CAI and axelback up to 1000'. Got me by .2 in the quarter though..Hopefully I'll be able to get a run on Tracy's dyno in January so can show you the results, good or bad.

RCVW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "Angel Dust" 2004 White Diamond CTS 3.6L-V
    We're limited but, the v6 aftermarket has been growing in the past few years esp. for domestics...bump for RX.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Given the 20 whp and 20 whp expected from the other three thats 40 more to the wheels.
    It doesn't work that way.

True. I wasn't thinking about that..But I'd think its close since I'm able to beat a 2012 Camaro rs with a CAI and axelback up to 1000'. Got me by .2 in the quarter though.
    How bad did he beat you before the Iceolator? What's his 60' compared to your 60'?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

I've never ran him without it.

Timeslip. I'm 5911 btw.

Jaxle67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts
    A little sleepy at the light arent we? Lol

There was a hot blonde on the sideline..I was busy haha. That was my second slowest run of the night. ran a couple in .1's..I'm still an amateur lol

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen
    There was a hot blonde on the sideline..I was busy haha. That was my second slowest run of the night. ran a couple in .1's..I'm still an amateur lol
    "busy"? I won't question further...

And nice. Did you say you had a manual? Or is it an automatic? Are you brake torquing (is that allowed?)
    I want to hit the track this summer. Hope my auto 2003 3.2L is at least somewhat competitive after V exhaust and Volant CAI. We'll see.

Idk if there really was, windows have to be rolled up and their tinted ha. we left all the ladies at home last time.

Its auto, but has triptonic. I was brake torquing to about 2200 ish. Next time, I'm gonna try to see what I can do without brake torque vs brake torque. I was still proud of my 2.0- 60' time on my other slip.

We usually get about 10 of us to go and just have fun. A lot more fun if there's people there you know. If your on an open night there will be some cars in your range. You should be able to run a 15.1 depending on the track. I think Bithlo is kind of slow, I've been told I should be able to run a 14.6 with no problem, or maybe it's just me haha.

CadillacAsAlways is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 3.2L, Luxury Sport, Diamond White
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen
    Idk if there really was, windows have to be rolled up and their tinted ha. we left all the ladies at home last time.

Its auto, but has triptonic. I was brake torquing to about 2200 ish. Next time, I'm gonna try to see what I can do without brake torque vs brake torque. I was still proud of my 2.0- 60' time on my other slip.

We usually get about 10 of us to go and just have fun. A lot more fun if there's people there you know. If your on an open night there will be some cars in your range. You should be able to run a 15.1 depending on the track. I think Bithlo is kind of slow, I've been told I should be able to run a 14.6 with no problem, or maybe it's just me haha.
    Very nice. I'll definitely have to check this out. Unfortunately I live in a somewhat wealthy area (although personally I happen to be not particularly wealthy), and you know I'm close to your age, but despite this...the friends who are car nuts like me that would likely be most interested still own a...

-11' Camaro SS that was used as an Indy Pace Car (got all the decals still on and stuff, guy payed way too much for the title IMO...shoulda just got a ZL1)
    -09' BMW 1-series manual (yeah not an M model, but it'll beat my baby)
    -09' Audi A4 wagon Quattro (actually very close 0-60 time so I may beat him with a CAI)
    -08' VW Golf R (those things are legitly very fast)
    - ...and (drumroll) a brand new Audi S5. (Nothing in comparison to a new V coupe, I don't care what people say, but yeah it beats us all)

The rest own regular cars which I can likely smoke in my CTS, but my point with all this is that I may face some embarrassment on the track. Right now they all seem to think my CTS is a V or something with the way it looks and runs

Oh and no triptonic on mine, but I can use the D, 4, 3, 2, settings on the shifter to soortaaa decide when to upshift. Might help a bit to hold it in 2nd and 3rd gear longer in addition to putting it in Sport mode?

Damn I personally love the s5..they sound amazing..but give me a v any day over it...see what money gets..better get smart..the group I went with last time
    09 e63 amg
    2012and camaro rs
    2012 dodge charger
    2 2012 srt8 challengers with the 392 motors or whatever
    2011 430whp evo
    2009 328I
    A new modified vw gti - 14.0 flat
    Some weird ass vw wagon ran 18.5's
    And a kia (fprgot name) running 50shot nitrous and some boltons. Mid 14's

When you go with a bunch if people its not really about whose faster, unless two haveclose specs, but more of a how'd you preform..what happened, try this kind of thing. Its a blast no matter if u take a beater or a $200k car.

Haha Everone i meet asks if its a v..and I'd just leave it in auto mode..u have sport mode?

Jaxle67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts
    What track are you running at? I bracket raced from the mid 80s up until a few years ago when they closed our local track in savannah Georgia. I sure miss it. my last cast i raced was a98 grand am all tube chassis with a 632 GM based engine on alcohol. It ran a best of 4.25 in the eighth with a best 60 of 1.02. That's ridding pretty good. I thought of hiding a delay box in my cts and visiting a bracket race but that wouldnt be quite legal now would it. Jesse

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.