what performance parts would you use? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, what performance parts would you use? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Bithlo Speed World. It's on the south side of Orlando. and damn thats a fast car...What they don't know wont ...
    Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: what performance parts would you use?

Bithlo Speed World. It's on the south side of Orlando. and damn thats a fast car...What they don't know wont hurt them right? haha I've never ran brackets

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    I've never ran him without it.

Timeslip. I'm 5911 btw.
    http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...-12-28_101.jpg
    So yes, you nearly stayed with a 2012 Camaro RS. However, the timeslip tells more of the story - specifically the 60ft times and trap speeds. The fact that he didn't get off the line as well as you did (about 0.150sec slower 60ft time) means his ET is about 0.3sec slower than it would've been if he matched your 60ft time. (The general thumbrule on 60ft times is that a 1/10th improvement there will net you about double that on the top end.) And the fact that his trap speed is nearly 4mph faster than yours, despite being in a car that's a couple hundred pounds heavier, shows that the car is making quite a bit more power.

Your keeping it that close just shows that you did a better job of driving than the Camaro driver did. And without having any sort of baseline it's impossible to say whether the Iceolator is providing improved performance vs. the Camaro. Had you had the car at the strip prior to the Iceolator? If so, what were your trap speeds? That's the best way to know if you're making more power - compare trap speeds.

There are all sorts of online 1/4 mile calculators that you can play with. Using this one, assuming a "race weight" of ~3700#, your trap speed equates to 221rwhp. Then assuming about 18% drivetrain loss for a typical automatic, you're looking at about 270bhp - so 15bhp over stock. Of course, there are some pretty big assumptions in almost every step of the calculations, so that could be completely inaccurate.

Edit: Not trying to rain on your parade, of course. It's cool you're getting the car out there, and as you said, it's a lot of fun when you can match up with your buddies. Just pointing out that even in relatively low power street cars, there's still driver skill involved that can have a big impact on how your performance compares to someone else's.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

True. Everything you said is valid. I wish I had been able to run on the track before the upgrades so I could tell.

His car has never launched faster than mine, and I consistently beat him, even in rolling starts, until the top of 3rd/bottom of 4th gear. So maybe it made more of a torque gain than hp? Which would explain why it feels like it drops off alot in 4th gear. Also, on the dynosheet on Rx's site, it does show the biggest rpm increase (yes on DI, so maybe dif) in the middle and then a drop at the top end.

None the less, and I have no way of validating this right now, but feels like a by far more increase than 15bhp. With the feel of my ass anyways.

let it rain! haha. Maybe if we go again I'll swap him and run his while he runs mine..see if that'll make much of a difference.

I may also have be a little excessive on my assumptions. If so, my ignorance. Hopefully I'll have a dynosheet by the end of January so I can get some specifics.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.