Power mirror wires (where do they go)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Power mirror wires (where do they go) in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I am trying to find the retained access power (RAP) for my car but that turned out to be too ...
    ejn
    ejn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Power mirror wires (where do they go)

I am trying to find the retained access power (RAP) for my car but that turned out to be too difficult so instead I think I might be able to grab power from my review mirror. I found the wire from the harness at the mirror which comes on while the RAP is on (ie. when the key is turned on until the key is removed and the door is opened). It is the gray wire, fourth from the left on the bottom row. Only problem is that I do not know where this wire goes. It goes off into the headliner which I would rather not take down. Is there anyone that knows where this harness ends up so that I could run it from there up to the stereo? Also, how many amps can it supply and would it be necessary to put in a relay in order to provide more amps? I have searched the forums up and down for the answer but I am unable to find the answer if it is here. Here is the wire harness in case it helps.

rear_view_mirror_harness_makred.jpg

Thanks,
    Erik

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ejn

Re: Power mirror wires (where do they go)

Well I tried this thinking it should work just fine (I used a relay in case it drew too many amps). However, it didnt work as expected. Instead it turns on whenever I open or close the door, even with the door closed. It only gets power for 10-20 seconds but every time the door opens. The strange thing is that my multimeters read 0 volts, like I had wanted. Does anyone have any idea why it might do this?

Did I hook something up wrong or is the CANBUS or something screwing up the mirror signal? Any ideas? Thanks.

ejn

Re: Power mirror wires (where do they go)

OK, I figured out the problem and everything works like I wanted it to.

Problem was the steering wheel controller (PAC SWI-RC). It said to tap switched power from the purple wire on the stock radio. That seemed to cause a problem since I had the new deck's switched power connected to this too in a round about way (through the DVD bypass relay). I moved it to my "RAP relay" and now everything works correctly.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.