What does everyone do for a living to afford their CTS? - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, What does everyone do for a living to afford their CTS? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Holy Moley! I'm glad I moved from Jersey to Ohio many years ago. I hear California has high rates also?...
    RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Re: What does everyone do for a living to afford their CTS?

Holy Moley! I'm glad I moved from Jersey to Ohio many years ago.
    I hear California has high rates also?

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    Holy Moley! I'm glad I moved from Jersey to Ohio many years ago.
    I hear California has high rates also?
    We do. Check out what I have to pay.

2004 CAD CTS
    BODILY INJURY LIABILITY $100,000/$300,000
    PROPERTY DAMAGE LIABILITY $50,000
    UNINSURED MOTORIST & UNDERINSURED MOTORIST $30,000/$60,000 COMPREHENSIVE COLLISION
    EMERGENCY ROAD SERVICE
    RENTAL REIMBURSEMENT

Vehicle Total: $1131.50 ... AND THAT IS FOR 6 months, WITH A SECOND CAR DISCOUNT. PLUS, I ALSO HAVE MY WHEELS INSURED ....

Wow, this could be a thread in it'self! My Ohio Insurance is with State Farm. $675 per year

Coreyn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy
    I'm sorry that you do not know the REAL reason the car insurance in NJ sucks! The answer is Christine Whitman, your former 2 term governor! When she was elected the 1st time, she immediately fired the person who was at the head of NJ Auto insurance regulation. In his place, she named a person who had just retired from the presidency of one of the largest auto insurance underwriters in the state. This the person she named to head up the auto insurance in the state. Within a few months, this person asked the state for an across the board auto insurance rate hike. Whitman granted it immediately, without further comment. Said person, remember he's FROM the insurance industry, was president of a huge insurance company and has PAY BACKS!! Within a few months he once again asked for a unilateral raise on car/truck & motorcycle insurance, and again, was granted. During the course of the next 3 years of her 1st term, he went back for raises EIGHT (8) times in total. Whitman granted each one.
    By the end of her 4th term, Jerseyans were squeezed to the bone, paying $2,000 a year to insure a 8 year old Caprice, without collision and with a high deductable ! An 8 year old Chevy and a 5 year old Ford would cost the average insurred $4,000 a year, and THAT'S if they had a great driving record and lived in a low crime area.

She won a 2nd term as she campaigned on a platform of "Insurance Reform" ~ ever hopeful, the sukkas voted her in again!!
    Her plan for reform was this:
    Allowing you to buy LESS insurance than was allowed before. Therefore it cost you less! Big F'ing deal! She never cut fees 1 cent!!! So, now about 35% of the motorists are UNDER insured!
    Then, she was named by Bush, (only because she is a faaar right ultra conservative) to his adminestration. Guess what? Even Bush could not stand her & "relivied" her of her duties somewhere around his 2nd year in office. In NJ many of us say "A.B.C." Stands for ANYBODY BUT CHRISTIE !
    She's a mega billionaire, and thinks that everyone has her kinda of wealth and has hoards of friends who "need favors", and she's only too happy to oblige, using $30,000 a year income population to pay for those favors!

....and THAT'S the REAL reason yours & mine are so high! Now, we FINALLY have a great (incoming) Governor in Mr. Codey. Nobody owns him, and he 100% for the taxpayer!
    Your right I forgot about whitmans gift to the state. Hopefully Cody and whomever gets elected after does some more reform. But it helps that Geico and Mercury Insurance are in NJ now giving a little competition to the other companies!

autumnjune is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My husband and I own a marble and granite business. So if anyone needs any tile let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by autumnjune
    My husband and I own a marble and granite business. So if anyone needs any tile let me know!
    Where you located?

Coreyn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

All kidding aside im an accountant in a 25 man firm in Hackensack, NJ. I do a little moonlighting, if anyone needs an accountant for their business in NJ, NY, CT and most other states email me! Defintly could have used a hardwood guy 3 years ago when we just bought our house!

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyn
    All kidding aside im an accountant in a 25 man firm in Hackensack, NJ. I do a little moonlighting, if anyone needs an accountant for their business in NJ, NY, CT and most other states email me! Defintly could have used a hardwood guy 3 years ago when we just bought our house!
    i need accountant.. mine is charging me 210 a quarter with no payroll.

TonyT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS

Retired Suicide Bomber

autumnjune is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    Where you located?
    Salt Lake City Utah

Quote Originally Posted by autumnjune
    Salt Lake City Utah
    Oh My! That would a bit of a trip to Ohio for business :disappoin

dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

I'm glad you guys have this big insurance plot figured out. Silly me, I thought there was some connection between the acres and acres and acres of demolished cars stacked fifty feet high in the wrecking and salvage yards across the country, the tens of thousands of people planted in the grave yards every year, the millions maimed and injured every year by the drunks, druggies, and idiots and the fact that somebody has to pay for all this. In the immortal words of Pogo Possum, "We have met the enemy and they is us.".

Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski
    I'm glad you guys have this big insurance plot figured out. Silly me, I thought there was some connection between the acres and acres and acres of demolished cars stacked fifty feet high in the wrecking and salvage yards across the country, the tens of thousands of people planted in the grave yards every year, the millions maimed and injured every year by the drunks, druggies, and idiots and the fact that somebody has to pay for all this. In the immortal words of Pogo Possum, "We have met the enemy and they is us.".
    A sorely missed member to our Forum, Gothicaleigh had a similar quote as her signature. "The World is Evil but American Made".
    But I didn't believe her thoughts anymore than Pogo.

dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

By the way, isn't the New York/Jersey area where the staged accident scam was invented, perfected, and exported to the rest of the country? Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski
    By the way, isn't the New York/Jersey area where the staged accident scam was invented, perfected, and exported to the rest of the country? Thank you very much!
    D kozloski,
    When does the dark season start in Alaska? 24hrs of Dark in some areas? Plus the snow

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.