What does everyone do for a living to afford their CTS? - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, What does everyone do for a living to afford their CTS? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; even with my job description, i don't make a fortune but i was fortunate to make the amount of money ...
    Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: What does everyone do for a living to afford their CTS?

even with my job description, i don't make a fortune but i was fortunate to make the amount of money that i make at my age (just turned 22 in november)

Coreyn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours
    even with my job description, i don't make a fortune but i was fortunate to make the amount of money that i make at my age (just turned 22 in november)
    Can we delete this post...oh yeah i m a dishwasher by day and at night I supervise cock/chicken fights in Passaic now.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyn
    Can we delete this post...oh yeah i m a dishwasher by day and at night I supervise cock/chicken fights in Passaic now.

sad thing is my parents offered to buy my car for me but i refused (my annual income is about 10% of my father's annual)

cts-v ls6 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Well, I own an engineered equipment sales business that I started 20 years ago. And I have been truly blessed, with a daughter graduating in creative advertising from the U of Texas and then getting married, and a son graduating in mechanical engineering [with a full out of state scholarship to the U of Texas] and a son that's tried college and is getting ready to join the Navy. I drive about 35-40k miles/year in my job, and I bought the V because I love high performance cars. But I only paid $25k for it with 4k miles off of e-bay. It had a blown motor, but the remainder of the car is absolutely perfect-not even a parking lot ding. I would never have spent $51k plus on a car that I'll keep 4-5 years and put 200k miles on. My goal for the car is 400 rwhp, 30 mpg on the highway and using 87 octane. After the new motor is put in next week and I get a few miles on her, I'll chassis dyno to get a baseline, and start with the mods, with additional dynos as I progress. We'll see how close I can get. It's gonna be fun! But the best part is that I've been married to the same wonderful lady for 31 years-and she let me buy the V to fix up!!!

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Here's a better idea...don't read this thread. Move on to the other threads

CTS Orlando is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Devil_concours

sad thing is my parents offered to buy my car for me but i refused (my annual income is about 10% of my father's annual)
    same here.

Wink Re: What does everyone do for a living to afford their CTS?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    Here's a better idea...don't read this thread. Move on to the other threads
    Pfew tough crowd. I just felt this post is out of control...but i guess robertcts is right time to move on. I got a 12:00 show and lots of chicks to police so adios muchachos!

CTSonDubs is offline Cadillac Owners Member

College Student with excessive government financial aid.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Pfew tough crowd. I just felt this post is out of control...but i guess robertcts is right time to move on. I got a 12:00 show and lots of chicks to police so adios muchachos!
    Coreyn,
    No really not a tough crowd. Sometimes it can be fun reading some of the silliness that gets posted and we let them run rampant :madtalkin
    My only objections are when individuals use foul language or get nasty and tasteless toward other posts. When I see it happen I wait to see if it continues. If it does I move to other threads. At another Forum Site several complained to the Forum Administrator. They locked down the thread, booted the member from the forum.

Personally, I think most of our members are really great people

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    Coreyn,
    No really not a tough crowd. Sometimes it can be fun reading some of the silliness that gets posted and we let them run rampant :madtalkin
    My only objections are when individuals use foul language or get nasty and tasteless toward other posts. When I see it happen I wait to see if it continues. If it does I move to other threads. At another Forum Site several complained to the Forum Administrator. They locked down the thread, booted the member from the forum.

Personally, I think most of our members are really great people
    i feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by crockone
    i feel the same way.
    Same here!

MikeyVSeries is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS-V (White Diamond)

well i go to school with thecaddykidd and i was working at radioshack for the past year.. made out very well considering the job was based on commission salary.. however, i am no longer with them as of a few days ago.. but looking for a new job.. i only work part time so i should find something fast. Bought the car through investments with other vehicles.. and pay for most of my mods.. ie my sound system costed 1,300 bux my dad gave me 400 for x mas which was very nice of him, and i didnt think he would pay that much but he did.. so i do have generous parents as i also get help with insurance.. and in NJ insurance SUCKS!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSXtreme
    well i go to school with thecaddykidd and i was working at radioshack for the past year.. made out very well considering the job was based on commission salary.. however, i am no longer with them as of a few days ago.. but looking for a new job.. i only work part time so i should find something fast. Bought the car through investments with other vehicles.. and pay for most of my mods.. ie my sound system costed 1,300 bux my dad gave me 400 for x mas which was very nice of him, and i didnt think he would pay that much but he did.. so i do have generous parents as i also get help with insurance.. and in NJ insurance SUCKS!!!!!!
    The insurance in NJ sucks because half the people can't drive or should not have their license! Hopefully this wont lead to a ....how much do you pay for your insurance forum. But if this helps i swapped my 2002 gmc envoy to the 2005 cts 3.6 and my insurance went up $ 600.00. I m 29 and my wife is 32 and she drives a 2002 nissan altima se.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by CTSonDubs
    College Student with excessive government financial aid.
    Gotta give credit for honesty

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I'm sorry that you do not know the REAL reason the car insurance in NJ sucks! The answer is Christine Whitman, your former 2 term governor! When she was elected the 1st time, she immediately fired the person who was at the head of NJ Auto insurance regulation. In his place, she named a person who had just retired from the presidency of one of the largest auto insurance underwriters in the state. This the person she named to head up the auto insurance in the state. Within a few months, this person asked the state for an across the board auto insurance rate hike. Whitman granted it immediately, without further comment. Said person, remember he's FROM the insurance industry, was president of a huge insurance company and has PAY BACKS!! Within a few months he once again asked for a unilateral raise on car/truck & motorcycle insurance, and again, was granted. During the course of the next 3 years of her 1st term, he went back for raises EIGHT (8) times in total. Whitman granted each one.
    By the end of her 4th term, Jerseyans were squeezed to the bone, paying $2,000 a year to insure a 8 year old Caprice, without collision and with a high deductable ! An 8 year old Chevy and a 5 year old Ford would cost the average insurred $4,000 a year, and THAT'S if they had a great driving record and lived in a low crime area.

She won a 2nd term as she campaigned on a platform of "Insurance Reform" ~ ever hopeful, the sukkas voted her in again!!
    Her plan for reform was this:
    Allowing you to buy LESS insurance than was allowed before. Therefore it cost you less! Big F'ing deal! She never cut fees 1 cent!!! So, now about 35% of the motorists are UNDER insured!
    Then, she was named by Bush, (only because she is a faaar right ultra conservative) to his adminestration. Guess what? Even Bush could not stand her & "relivied" her of her duties somewhere around his 2nd year in office. In NJ many of us say "A.B.C." Stands for ANYBODY BUT CHRISTIE !
    She's a mega billionaire, and thinks that everyone has her kinda of wealth and has hoards of friends who "need favors", and she's only too happy to oblige, using $30,000 a year income population to pay for those favors!

....and THAT'S the REAL reason yours & mine are so high! Now, we FINALLY have a great (incoming) Governor in Mr. Codey. Nobody owns him, and he 100% for the taxpayer!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.