Heated Seats - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Heated Seats in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Years ago, during the "build your own car" era, You could buy most of the accessories as dealer installed. The ...
    dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: Heated Seats

Years ago, during the "build your own car" era, You could buy most of the accessories as dealer installed. The dealer figured to make 25% on the base price and about 40% plus labor on the add-ons. Now it is as you stated, big packages with a lot of stuff you don't want. Back In 1960 I "built" a Chevy El Camino with HD suspension, 15" wheels, a 350HP 348cu.in. with three 2-barrels, T-10 Borg-Warner four speed with 2.20:1 first gear, 4.56:1 rear gears with Posi-trac, and no power steering. 102MPH in 14sec. flat in the quarter with stock tires. it cost a little under $4000.

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I had heated seats wires installed in my 03 GMC Extend cad with cloth seats
    Hi and Low, it was $500 CDN nice when it -30 out
    http://www.webasto.us/home/en/homepage.html
    is link to the manufactor,which can get you dealer in your area
    I also had a sun roof put in the truck

CharlieB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS Base, 2000 Chevy Corvette, 2006 CTS Lux/Sport

I just got off the phone with BlueHeat...they want $1,800.00 (up to, but very close to if I know correctly) for the Blue Heat to be installed, with Remote Start.

They don't seem to sell the parts by themselves for people to self-install or to have a shop they're comfortable with install...they refer people to service places that they themselves has agreements with, which probably hikes up the price all the more cause the woman said that there are other fees and prices in addition to the cost.

This sounds terribly expensive for what it's worth, even though they do sell a pretty decent bill of goods.

If you live in NY like I do...the nearest place to be referred to is actually in Massachusettes!!!

?!??!?!?!?!

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski
    Years ago, during the "build your own car" era, You could buy most of the accessories as dealer installed. The dealer figured to make 25% on the base price and about 40% plus labor on the add-ons. Now it is as you stated, big packages with a lot of stuff you don't want. Back In 1960 I "built" a Chevy El Camino with HD suspension, 15" wheels, a 350HP 348cu.in. with three 2-barrels, T-10 Borg-Warner four speed with 2.20:1 first gear, 4.56:1 rear gears with Posi-trac, and no power steering. 102MPH in 14sec. flat in the quarter with stock tires. it cost a little under $4000.
    Kozloski,
    Wow, my friend bought that same set up on a 1959 El Camino! Remember the 1959 fins? A refreshing place for a lady to spread her legs

I also remember you could order a race car in primer so you could do the custom race theme.

$4000? About the price of 2005 Options

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

The 1959 348 deal was 315 HP. Early 1960 was 335HP late '60 was 350.

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski
    The 1959 348 deal was 315 HP. Early 1960 was 335HP late '60 was 350.
    ok so im gonna buy it for 300 the whole set for the both seats... than install it myself.. ok simple.. sounds simple right?

Stag is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

So where did you wind up getting the set up?

Quote Originally Posted by Stag
    So where did you wind up getting the set up?
    well im looking at this. http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/heatelcarsea.html
    supposibly these are the ones that gm uses.. and i think they give you the oem switches too...

Keep me up to date on the install...I may follow suit. If you need a hand, I'm nearby in NY, just email me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stag
    Keep me up to date on the install...I may follow suit. If you need a hand, I'm nearby in NY, just email me.
    cool.. i was just worried about the seats.. supposibly you can just rechin from the back and slide em in since they are paper thin like one of the links i read said.. thanks for the offer.. maybee you can get your kit too and we can do em both.. ima order em after x mas.

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieB
    I just got off the phone with BlueHeat...they want $1,800.00 (up to, but very close to if I know correctly) for the Blue Heat to be installed, with Remote Start.

They don't seem to sell the parts by themselves for people to self-install or to have a shop they're comfortable with install...they refer people to service places that they themselves has agreements with, which probably hikes up the price all the more cause the woman said that there are other fees and prices in addition to the cost.

This sounds terribly expensive for what it's worth, even though they do sell a pretty decent bill of goods.

If you live in NY like I do...the nearest place to be referred to is actually in Massachusettes!!!

?!??!?!?!?!
    that was the also in canadian $
    I though of blue heat for the truck as I have alot of electronic equipment for work. But I would have to get the cap insulated and a hot water coil installed in the cap also.
    I guess I will just carry in the equipment at night.
    I think blueheat would be more for a contractor like myself but I am to cheap or a painting contractor who did not want their paint to freeze
    BUT THE seat heats work well.

tzoid is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I bought an '04 base model CTS without heated seats and had them installed. Fairly common practice with car dealers....they usually have a business relationship with a reputible uphosterly shop who will install them. The contol buttons/switches generally get mounted on the consol and look just fine. This is the 3rd car I have had them installed in...doubt that you would be disappointed. The other cars had cloth type seats and the seats really heat up fast and will warm you up (cook your butt) quite well (even well done). The leather in the CTS must be a bit heavier/thicker and the seats do OK, but are a bit slower and don't deliver that "fry your butt" temperature, but still knock the cold out of the leather. Typical price is $250/seat, takes the shop about 3 hours to do the job. Really, it's no big deal, just not quite as perfect as the factory, but does the job and looks real good (assuming the installer is a class act...he should be if he works with high line cars). Cadillac, like several other manufacturers, force you into this type of action since they quite often package heated seats with an "option" package that is the only way you can get the heated seats. God help you if you don't want or need the other stuff 'cause the package costs several thousand bucks (as I remember). $500 is the ticket if you want them done.....good luck

Quote Originally Posted by tzoid
    I bought an '04 base model CTS without heated seats and had them installed. Fairly common practice with car dealers....they usually have a business relationship with a reputible uphosterly shop who will install them. The contol buttons/switches generally get mounted on the consol and look just fine. This is the 3rd car I have had them installed in...doubt that you would be disappointed. The other cars had cloth type seats and the seats really heat up fast and will warm you up (cook your butt) quite well (even well done). The leather in the CTS must be a bit heavier/thicker and the seats do OK, but are a bit slower and don't deliver that "fry your butt" temperature, but still knock the cold out of the leather. Typical price is $250/seat, takes the shop about 3 hours to do the job. Really, it's no big deal, just not quite as perfect as the factory, but does the job and looks real good (assuming the installer is a class act...he should be if he works with high line cars). Cadillac, like several other manufacturers, force you into this type of action since they quite often package heated seats with an "option" package that is the only way you can get the heated seats. God help you if you don't want or need the other stuff 'cause the package costs several thousand bucks (as I remember). $500 is the ticket if you want them done.....good luck
    so just go to any dealer and its 500 bucks.? the whole thing.. parts and labor?

Seems like a reasonable price considering the labor involved...

well it cost like 350 for the 2 seat kit...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.