Heated Seats - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Heated Seats in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I'm REALLY liking this: http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/carseatmassy.html I'm kinda up in the air about two things though.....one, it's not a heating system, ...
    CharlieB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS Base, 2000 Chevy Corvette, 2006 CTS Lux/Sport

Re: Heated Seats

I'm REALLY liking this:

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/carseatmassy.html

I'm kinda up in the air about two things though.....one, it's not a heating system, not a cushion kit...therefore i'm assuming you have to tear into the existing seats to install them...ouch.....but secondly what will that do to the lifetime wear of the seat? Effectively, you've got a constant stretching of the seat now, everytime you use the massager..won't this crack the seats far quicker?

Anyone have any input?

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

3 degrees below zero here in Ohio today. Love my heated seats!!!!

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

now the question is.. if i buy this heated seats kit for the gm.. do i have to rip the seats apart or do the leather unzip or something.?

Stag is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

I don't know if they unzip, you may have to pop a stitch or two. You might want to stop at a body shop or a car upholsterer and ask a hypothetical question or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Stag
    I don't know if they unzip, you may have to pop a stitch or two. You might want to stop at a body shop or a car upholsterer and ask a hypothetical question or two.
    hmmm well it says on this site http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/heatelcarsea.html
    that these are the oem seat heaters that gm uses.. well if the heaters go bad,, you really think gm changes the whole seat? these heaters are like 200 bucks.. the seats are like 900 so they mut have a way to do this.. anyone work for a dealer?

Stag is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

I've always found when working on interiors, the easiest way to do anything is to have the correct tools. It seems there are a ton of tools that are used to pop clips, attach clips, etc... that the layman takes an hour doing with a screwdriver and a needle nose pier while a pro takes 30 seconds with the correct tool. So maybe that is the question, what if any tools would make the job easier.

I agree they won't replace the seat, so access should be fairly easy, but let me know. I am curious...

Crock
    Look at this link. NOT something the average guy would wanna do
    I know this is not a CTS but I imagine the work application applies.

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/tech/163_0302_heat/

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    Crock
    Look at this link. NOT something the average guy would wanna do
    I know this is not a CTS but I imagine the work application applies.

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/tech/163_0302_heat/
    looks fairly easy.. at lest you can slip em in from the back.. i thought you had to take the whole seat apart.

What will you do about the switches? I'm sure you won't want to switch out the HVAC CTS control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    What will you do about the switches? I'm sure you won't want to switch out the HVAC CTS control panel.
    yea but if you look at the chart they give you they tell you where the switch goes.. so that must mean if you get the oem one they give you the oem switches. hopefully.. i mihgt call them.

CTSollecito is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hey crockone i saw your picture on cardomain, sorry to jump off topic but i was just wondering what kind of wooddash that was in your car...what company made it and where did you get it? i'm lookin to do the same thing to mine...thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CTSollecito
    hey crockone i saw your picture on cardomain, sorry to jump off topic but i was just wondering what kind of wooddash that was in your car...what company made it and where did you get it? i'm lookin to do the same thing to mine...thanks
    its called sherwood dash.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...942495950&rd=1

they guys ebay name is goodtrim.. send him an email and say crockone send you.. he has good quality good packaging and nice stuff.. fast delivery too.

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

I'd bet that you'll find the plugs hanging from the harnesses if you looked. Thus, you can probably put the OEM stuff in without having the run wires. My DTS, for example doesn't have rear air bags but the plugs are there for them. Ditto on the donor DTS - it doesn't have night vision but the plug for the Night Vision switch is behind the knee bolster in the dash. If the CTS system is anything like the DTS, the heated seat system consists of the switch, control module and the heater itself. The modules are mounted under the seats.

I'd be wary of anything aftermarket - particularly things that get hot.

Taking the seat apart is not that hard. On the DTS, the back just pops off using a "flat bladed tool" (a screwdriver will work if you're careful) and then you have access to the plastic clips that hold the leather to the frame. The cushion (bottom part) is easy to take off, too. The only tricky part is clipping and reinstalling the hog rings (the leather cover is attached to the foam cushion with hog rings).

If you're really afraid of it, a local upholstery shop can probably install them for you.

The factory service manual gets into this type of minutia and is a worthwhile investment.

Jim

briandors is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Great info turbojimmy- (NICE GN!!!)

I've always disliked the heated seats being buried in a big $$$ package. If the wiring is there, then the connector for the switches might be hanging inside the dash. That would be very helpful in making this a one evening project.

turbojimmy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 Fleetwood 60" Stretch; '07 Avalanche, '95 Nighthawk

Quote Originally Posted by briandors
    Great info turbojimmy- (NICE GN!!!)

I've always disliked the heated seats being buried in a big $$$ package. If the wiring is there, then the connector for the switches might be hanging inside the dash. That would be very helpful in making this a one evening project.
    Thanks!

I guess burying them in a high $$$ package helps improve revenue. I bought an '04 Toyota (gasp!) last year and it was the same way. To get some of the stuff we wanted we had to buy a ton of other stuff we didn't necessarily want or need. They're very crafty in their packaging. It's my first car (van) with heated seats and they're great. I can only hope that the seats in my DTS still work once I put it all together.

Jim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.