things people do to their cars (especially caddys)they should be shot for
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, things people do to their cars (especially caddys)they should be shot for in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; i think putting those lightup winsheld washer nipples on their hood is the most country thing you can do especially ...
    crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

things people do to their cars (especially caddys)they should be shot for

i think putting those lightup winsheld washer nipples on their hood is the most country thing you can do especially to a cts.. seen it today on the hiway and almost threw up in my car!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Re: things people do to their cars (especially caddys)they should be shot for

Hehe....Thats Jersey for ya. I see crap like that all of the time. It goes with the territory. You won't see alot of that in Nebraska. I'm from Jersey too by the way, I didn't want that Nebraska thing to throw you off. Drive into Newark, you'll see stuff like that everywhere, I guarantee it. It's the kind of thing that will make your left eye twitch and cause you to grab the steering wheel twice as hard. It's also known to cause profanities to stream from the mouth at very high decibel levels. Usually to the tune of " WHAT THE F**K WAS THAT S**T!", or something sort of like that. All you can really do is cringe, and be thankful that you have a more sofisticated sense of taste.

Quote Originally Posted by danbuc
    Hehe....Thats Jersey for ya. I see crap like that all of the time. It goes with the territory. You won't see alot of that in Nebraska. I'm from Jersey too by the way, I didn't want that Nebraska thing to throw you off. Drive into Newark, you'll see stuff like that everywhere, I guarantee it. It's the kind of thing that will make your left eye twitch and cause you to grab the steering wheel twice as hard. It's also known to cause profanities to stream from the mouth at very high decibel levels. Usually to the tune of " WHAT THE F**K WAS THAT S**T!", or something sort of like that. All you can really do is cringe, and be thankful that you have a more sofisticated sense of taste.
    i agree.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

Scary, what are window wiper light up niples? Everything is pretty stock ehre.

Try to picture th image of the rubber doo-dads that sit on the hood where the washer fluid comes out. Do you have the image in your head? Good. Now picture them with big, bright, LED's in them. Try not to keep that picture in your head too long, its known to cause spontaneous nausea, and projectile vomitting.
    Oh, and night terrors too. Good Luck.

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

Any gaudy body kit is disgusting...especially when you can't even recognize the care anymore. I saw an ugly *ss car with a body kit that doubled the weight with a missing rear bumper this past weekend and immediately started feeling sick. My face swelled up and my eyelids started to fold over themselves.

I also can't stand those damn canister mufflers that sound like 250cc motorcycles or 50cc mopeds. People with huge wings on their cars should also be shot.

CTS Orlando is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

I apologize in advance to those of you who I know have this, and I do like you guys, but I cant stand those exterior overlay pieces that add louvers over the backup lights. I cant stand any louvers at all!

I also mentioned in another thread, that Chrome B-Pillars are a definate no-no!!

I've seen many sets of wheels done in poor taste.

Oversized aluminum race spoilers, need I say more?

Lastly, not a huge fan of most of the billet grills out there. Some are definatly done proper, but a majority are just tacky or ugly.

And oh yeah, I know some of you guys have a lot of pride, and I respect that, but get that hanging crap off the rear view mirror.

No intentions here of insulting anybody, but this is the 'things people do to their cars....' thread.

When I hear a car with a fart can muffler, smoothies always come to mind. I think this must be because alot of them sound like an older blender. The other thing I don't under stand is the massive rear wing on all the front wheel drive cars. That is the worst thing you can have at high speeds. Especially during inclimate weather, such as rain. If anything, they should use a front valance and a rear difuser for inceased downforce. Not a wing that will lift the drive wheel off the ground. Thats just stupid.

Stag is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Check this out, my last car is the #10 photo...

Crappy Mods

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I hate when people do low-riders or install HUGE wheels and low profile tires. I think it looks stupid on a Cadillac and totally ruins the ride quality too.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

I can't STAND exterior "FAD CLUTTER"

First it kicked off with those gaudy yellow "Baby On Board" triangular plastic signs in the interior windows, attacthed with suction cups.

Second, came the 175 stuffted animals spread all across the rear hat shelf.

Third came the Garfield stuffted cat(s) stuck again to the interior glass, but this time with a suction cup on each paw!

Presently we are being saturated with pink, blue, red or striped ribbon magnets stuck on the trunk or tailgate lids/doors!
    The killer with these is this: The (hardly legible) print writing on them says, "Support Our Troops" ~ the cellaphane wrapper it comes in has a great big American Flag on the top, front side and on the back-side it says the following:
    "Proudly made in China" That's right...CHINA! Send your $$ to China, so that you can support out Troops (Fools - buy these things!) Furthermore, the magnet can/will discolor their paint, underneath it and if & when they ever take it off, the magnetic fields will have burned thru their paint's clearcoat, and in the sunlight, you'll be able to see it's outline of where it was (3 years later).

I wish I had bought some of each of this siht and kept it new. For 1 week I'd put it ALL on my T.C. to show how stupid it all is.
    I'd have 2 baby on board signs in the rear window, with stuffed animals/babies all across the shelf, Garfield's in both side rear door windows, Magnetic ribbons on the trunk lid and American Flags flying from the antenna.
    Maybe a few would then see how gOoFy it all looks!!! Sorta like this:
    :coolgleam

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Mock Top on CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck C
    Mock Top on CTS
    wow this is getting good.. how about the rubber bumper stops that stick onto the bumpers.. i see them on expensive cars too..

strindl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I always liked the Swan hood ornament with the light up wings. I hardly ever see them anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by strindl
    I always liked the Swan hood ornament with the light up wings. I hardly ever see them anymore though.
    ima get some big fuzzy dice!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.