things people do to their cars (especially caddys)they should be shot for - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, things people do to their cars (especially caddys)they should be shot for in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; crockone , what does the term "country" mean. I've lived in Jersey my whole life and never really heard anyone ...
    danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Re: things people do to their cars (especially caddys)they should be shot for

crockone , what does the term "country" mean. I've lived in Jersey my whole life and never really heard anyone say that before. I was just curious. Thanks.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by danbuc
    crockone , what does the term "country" mean. I've lived in Jersey my whole life and never really heard anyone say that before. I was just curious. Thanks.
    I read it as "country hick" or redneck.

Stag is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS

Dad!!!!!

Stag is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by CTS Orlando
    I was just checking eBay for CTS stuff and I ran across LED Door handles. Basically its a kit that intstalls some LEDs under each handle and they glow out. I think thats pretty trick.
    I think I am going to get that kit for my pants and turn it on when I am out looking for honeys :coolgleam

Brings new meaning to 'Pimpin' my Ride'

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by danbuc
    country means like corney, wak, why did they do that, ok imagine things that are played out.. like if i put hammer rims on my car or a gooseneck eq, or something played out.. its country. or wak unda stand.. if i put some auto zone strobes on my car and put em all over the car looking like a x mas tree.. shits country .man!

CTS Orlando is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    ...Same with the ultra power sound systems that make the trunk lid buzz. Everyone I've been with or has been with me think that's gotta be destroying the bonehead's hearing.
    Dont knock the ultra power. There are those of use who have a passion for speed, and those of us who have a passion for boom. I do consider myself and audiosnob, and not all boom is created equal. Buzzing trunklids, definatly 'Country'. Thats why we have DynaMat. I have heard cars with ridiculous bass, and not a rattle to be heard. Anyone with a buzzing trunklid probley has a country ass WalMart stereo that makes more noise than sound anyways.

Dont knock the ultra power. There are those of use who have a passion for speed, and those of us who have a passion for boom. I do consider myself and audiosnob, and not all boom is created equal. Buzzing trunklids, definatly 'Country'. Thats why we have DynaMat. I have heard cars with ridiculous bass, and not a rattle to be heard. Anyone with a buzzing trunklid probley has a country ass WalMart stereo that makes more noise than sound anyways.
    Some truth to what you say. The "Trunk Lid Buzzers" have for the most part been Ricers.

'Country'.
    HAHAAH there ya go.. but my trunk lid buzzez.. i got an alpine v power amp and 2 jl 12 inch w6 speakers .. so this dyna mat will completly stop the buzzing sound.. how much do you need and how is it applied.?

Quote Originally Posted by crockone
    HAHAAH there ya go.. but my trunk lid buzzez.. i got an alpine v power amp and 2 jl 12 inch w6 speakers .. so this dyna mat will completly stop the buzzing sound.. how much do you need and how is it applied.?
    You need btw 2-4 sheets of the stuff. It has adhesive backing, so it just sticks on. You gotta use a roller or something to squeeze out the air bubbles. Probley wanna Dynamat your license plate too. Theres a really old thread on this board about applying Dynamat. Im too lazy to find it. You're on your own.

so so just the trunk lid? or the whole trunk? how much is that stuff.. about how much money u think im gonna spend on this stuff?

. Theres a really old thread on this board about applying Dynamat. Im too lazy to find it. You're on your own.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...hlight=Dynamat

thanks.. but i still want to know if i need to do just the trunk lid or the whole trunk and how much this stuff costs.? thanks for the link btw.

Good try, but there was actually a thread with pics.

CRock, It took 2 sheets to cover the decklid, and probley 2 more to cover the trunklid. You probley dont need to do the trunk pan, but it wouldnt hurt either. You also definatly want to do the license plate. You should be able to get all the Dynamat you need for under $100

Good try, but there was actually a thread with pics.

CRock, It took 2 sheets to cover the decklid, and probley 2 more to cover the trunklid. You probley dont need to do the trunk pan, but it wouldnt hurt either. You also definatly want to do the license plate. You should be able to get all the Dynamat you need for under $100
    cool.. thanks i will look into it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.