Cadillac Owners Forum banner

things people do to their cars (especially caddys)they should be shot for

11K views 133 replies 34 participants last post by  crockone 
#1 ·
i think putting those lightup winsheld washer nipples on their hood is the most country thing you can do especially to a cts.. seen it today on the hiway and almost threw up in my car!

#2 · (Edited)
Hehe....Thats Jersey for ya. I see crap like that all of the time. It goes with the territory. You won't see alot of that in Nebraska. I'm from Jersey too by the way, I didn't want that Nebraska thing to throw you off. Drive into Newark, you'll see stuff like that everywhere, I guarantee it. It's the kind of thing that will make your left eye twitch and cause you to grab the steering wheel twice as hard. It's also known to cause profanities to stream from the mouth at very high decibel levels. Usually to the tune of " WHAT THE F**K WAS THAT S**T!", or something sort of like that. All you can really do is cringe, and be thankful that you have a more sofisticated sense of taste. :)

#3 ·
danbuc said:
Hehe....Thats Jersey for ya. I see crap like that all of the time. It goes with the territory. You won't see alot of that in Nebraska. I'm from Jersey too by the way, I didn't want that Nebraska thing to throw you off. Drive into Newark, you'll see stuff like that everywhere, I guarantee it. It's the kind of thing that will make your left eye twitch and cause you to grab the steering wheel twice as hard. It's also known to cause profanities to stream from the mouth at very high decibel levels. Usually to the tune of " WHAT THE F**K WAS THAT S**T!", or something sort of like that. All you can really do is cringe, and be thankful that you have a more sofisticated sense of taste. :)
i agree.

#5 ·
Try to picture th image of the rubber doo-dads that sit on the hood where the washer fluid comes out. Do you have the image in your head? Good. Now picture them with big, bright, LED's in them. Try not to keep that picture in your head too long, its known to cause spontaneous nausea, and projectile vomitting.
Oh, and night terrors too. Good Luck. :D

#6 ·
Any gaudy body kit is disgusting...especially when you can't even recognize the care anymore. I saw an ugly *ss car with a body kit that doubled the weight with a missing rear bumper this past weekend and immediately started feeling sick. My face swelled up and my eyelids started to fold over themselves.

I also can't stand those damn canister mufflers that sound like 250cc motorcycles or 50cc mopeds. People with huge wings on their cars should also be shot.

#7 · (Edited)
I apologize in advance to those of you who I know have this, and I do like you guys, but I cant stand those exterior overlay pieces that add louvers over the backup lights. I cant stand any louvers at all!

I also mentioned in another thread, that Chrome B-Pillars are a definate no-no!!

I've seen many sets of wheels done in poor taste.

Oversized aluminum race spoilers, need I say more?

Lastly, not a huge fan of most of the billet grills out there. Some are definatly done proper, but a majority are just tacky or ugly.

And oh yeah, I know some of you guys have a lot of pride, and I respect that, but get that hanging crap off the rear view mirror.

No intentions here of insulting anybody, but this is the 'things people do to their cars....' thread.

#8 ·
When I hear a car with a fart can muffler, smoothies always come to mind. I think this must be because alot of them sound like an older blender. The other thing I don't under stand is the massive rear wing on all the front wheel drive cars. That is the worst thing you can have at high speeds. Especially during inclimate weather, such as rain. If anything, they should use a front valance and a rear difuser for inceased downforce. Not a wing that will lift the drive wheel off the ground. Thats just stupid. :helpless:

#11 ·
I can't STAND exterior "FAD CLUTTER"

First it kicked off with those gaudy yellow "Baby On Board" triangular plastic signs in the interior windows, attacthed with suction cups.

Second, came the 175 stuffted animals spread all across the rear hat shelf.

Third came the Garfield stuffted cat(s) stuck again to the interior glass, but this time with a suction cup on each paw!

Presently we are being saturated with pink, blue, red or striped ribbon magnets stuck on the trunk or tailgate lids/doors!
The killer with these is this: The (hardly legible) print writing on them says, "Support Our Troops" ~ the cellaphane wrapper it comes in has a great big American Flag on the top, front side and on the back-side it says the following:
"Proudly made in China" That's right...CHINA! Send your $$ to China, so that you can support out Troops (Fools - buy these things!) Furthermore, the magnet can/will discolor their paint, underneath it and if & when they ever take it off, the magnetic fields will have burned thru their paint's clearcoat, and in the sunlight, you'll be able to see it's outline of where it was (3 years later).

I wish I had bought some of each of this siht and kept it new. For 1 week I'd put it ALL on my T.C. to show how stupid it all is.
I'd have 2 baby on board signs in the rear window, with stuffed animals/babies all across the shelf, Garfield's in both side rear door windows, Magnetic ribbons on the trunk lid and American Flags flying from the antenna.
Maybe a few would then see how gOoFy it all looks!!! Sorta like this:
:nono: :banghead: :shhh: :coolgleam :halo: :worship: :crying2: :bouncy: :canttalk:

#21 ·
60 special said:
Hey!

I've got a great idea. Why don't you all drive black CTS's that are completely stock? Then you can all congratulate yourselves on how cool you are.

This is uncalled for. We are merely stating our opinions of what looks tacky on a particular car. What looks bad on a CTS might look real nice on a Deville. I'd much rather have a stock CTS than one with baubles that disturb the car's edgy, science and art theme.

#23 ·
Think about this...the more gaudy someone elses CTS looks, the better yours looks in comparison.....eye of the beholder comes to mind...

For my contribution, I don't like the gold plated emblems or pinstriping on vehicles..any vehicles...looks too *pimp* to me.....'course I'm pretty conservative so what do I know....
:rolleyes:

#25 ·
iight well here are the things that look ridiculous:

neon washer nozzles as previously stated..

rims that are too big that they rub and a guy has to drive 2mph so he can watch for potholes and causes traffic...

tire flys - lights on the tire valve

neon on the top inside of the car

colored or reflective tints - anything other than black is ridiculous for a caddy

graphics on the paint

Now to contrast the bad here is a list of nice features that i think accent all cars including high priced like caddy's:

Neon underbody

neon inside by the feet

legitimate sized rims

black tints

any and all performance upgrades

system

tv's - no more than five

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.