things people do to their cars (especially caddys)they should be shot for - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, things people do to their cars (especially caddys)they should be shot for in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; The caregiver I have hired to take care of my special needs boy is from Joisey and that's exactly how ...
    dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: things people do to their cars (especially caddys)they should be shot for

The caregiver I have hired to take care of my special needs boy is from Joisey and that's exactly how he talks. The difference is he knows it and is working on it.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Being from mid Jersey, you can see the accent change. the worst is up around the NY Newark area. Southern Jersey sounds pretty normal.

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

HELLS NO!!! Wait a minute here. I'm from North Jersey, and live 3 miles from the NY border. I don't say Terlet, and Toid. I certainly don't say Joisey. It's (jūrz) and thats how I say it. Where the hell did you come up with that crap anyway. Only people from the Bronx say Toid. Terlet is complete nonsense. WTF is that! A Turtle in a Toilet? That's what you get when mean kids try to kill their pets. Have you ever been to Boston? Haha, good luck getting directions there. If you think people from Jersey speak strangely, you wouldn't be able to understand anyone there. I can't wait to fly to Alaska and start bad mouthing the way you talk, it's gonna be f**king GREAT!

Danbuc doesn't get out of the house enough Keep in mind the United States is becoming such diversity of ethnic backgounds and the language reflects it. Some of the new "Jive" talk goes over my head. When I was on assignment in Newark NJ I definitely picked up on the "accent". We worked from schematics called "draawrings" (drawings). They drank "wooter" and they went to "Shurch" on Sundays. I personally love the mix. I gives a lot of color to America. With our transient life style it's easy to go to say Atlanta Georgia and find smooth southern accents and normal language. A high percentage of the population there are not southern raised. You mentioned Boston. I love the New England accents. Ted Kennedy doesn't think he has an accent

TheCaddyKidd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac Escalade EXT

okay.. enough is enough... now i live in jersey and am yet to hear anyone talk like that unless drunk or jokingly... now i understand that jersey has been known for saying some weird things but none of those ring a bell... sounds to me like someone def has watched too many movies about Italians in NY back in the day... if anything NJ has become overcome with a more ghetto language however this is due more to the growing population of minorities.. now i dont want people thinking im prejudice or anything cuz thats not the case... its jsut the plain truth... i myself have changed the way i speak over the years and realized its because of the people u hang around with... but nj def does not talk the way some of u speak with toids and terlets and def not joizy... the only thing that might be wierd is when we say we r going down the shore... not to the shore.. but hey every state has their accent... could be worse.. could be down south where a mouthful of teeth cant be seen for 4 states

RobertCTS, I get "out of the house" every day. I find it interesting how easily you disregard what I say, even though I've lived in Jersey my whole damn life. Not every one from Jersey speaks that way, in fact NOBODY I've ever met in Jersey spoke that way. You can't tell how all people from Jersey speak by going to Newark, just like you can't tell the condition fo Jerseys road by goin to Bayonne. It doens't work like that. I wouldn't go to Montreal and blindly assume that every must speak French, because they don't. Very few people in Jersey speak that way, one person here's somebody say it, and then everyone thinks that everybody speaks that way. It's just not true. I'm sure some people from Ohio say things that wouldn't make sense to most people. I bet if I said something about the way someone from Ohio was speaking, you would say something too. Maybe next time, you should travel beyond Newark and see some parts of Jersey where people are more articulate.

After I install my supercharger I'm gonna show it off with one of these transparent hoods.

Quote Originally Posted by danbuc
    RobertCTS, I'm sure some people from Ohio say things that wouldn't make sense to most people. I bet if I said something about the way someone from Ohio was speaking, you would say something too. Maybe next time, you should travel beyond Newark and see some parts of Jersey where people are more articulate.
    Danbuc,
    You're gettin' jerked out of shape over tongue in cheek humor. I lived in NJ for 15 years. I was born in the small town of Salem which lies on the Delaware River near Chespeake Bay. I've been all over Jersey. I return often to visit my relatives. You wanna knock Ohio? Cleveland is a good place to start or the hillbillies of Appalachia. It's not gonna upset me. I only get upset when I see people knocking America. "You're Walking on the fightin' side of me" Merle Haggard

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaddyKidd
    the only thing that might be wierd is when we say we r going down the shore... not to the shore.
    Kidd,
    I loved going DOWN to the shore The whole eastern coast line(Maine to Key West) has been my play yard all my life. Atlantic City is cool

HELFYR is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How cool we are? Yeah whatever.... I think I saw the epitomy this past December when a pickup truck went by my Ambulance. In the back was a full size Christmas tree all decorated and such and next to it was one of those air inflatable full size lawn ornaments of Santa waving to everyone. On the cab was about a 6' stocking and oh yeah the token twinkle lights all over the truck, sans wreath on front grille. It was such a spectacle I was surprised the Police didn't pull him over!

This is on the hood of a 1989 Toyota pick up. Might work on my black CTS

crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    This is on the hood of a 1989 Toyota pick up. Might work on my black CTS
    hahah no the bull hornes will do better.,!

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

You're lucky if you can understand anybody in Alaskan villiages. Not only are there a bunch of different Eskimo and Indian languages, the kids in particular have developed a mix of the native languages and English that is now known as villiage English. This is all unwritten. The kids don't undestand the elders, the parents barely understand the kids and the school teachers don't understand anybody. Food sevice like restaurants is all Asians and they have added their two cents. Throw in some homeys and some crackers and you have the Tower of Babel.

So no toids or terlets in Alaska huh?

Yeah, I know. It was 7 am and I hadn't had any sleep in two days, so I was a bit angry. Sorry if I seemed like an a**, I was just tired.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.