Window belt molding removal.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Window belt molding removal. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Anyone know how they come off on the CTS rear doors? Do they just pry up like older GM cars? ...
    nopi08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Window belt molding removal.

Anyone know how they come off on the CTS rear doors? Do they just pry up like older GM cars? Getting the door ready for paint.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by nopi08
    Anyone know how they come off on the CTS rear doors? Do they just pry up like older GM cars? Getting the door ready for paint.
    Are you talking about the interior door panel? It is pretty simple if you are. The door panel has two screws under the wood handle you use to pull the door close. Use a flat blade screw driver or panel removal tool to pry up the cover for the screws. (You will see what I'm talking about). Remove the two philips head screws and then pry up the edge of the bottom of the door panel. (Be careful). Pry up on the sides next and lift the panel up (not pull out) from the top of the door. Then you should be done. Someone chime in if I forgot anything.

Re: Windo belt molding removal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehaze07 View Post
    Are you talking about the interior door panel? It is pretty simple if you are. The door panel has two screws under the wood handle you use to pull the door close. Use a flat blade screw driver or panel removal tool to pry up the cover for the screws. (You will see what I'm talking about). Remove the two philips head screws and then pry up the edge of the bottom of the door panel. (Be careful). Pry up on the sides next and lift the panel up (not pull out) from the top of the door. Then you should be done. Someone chime in if I forgot anything.
    No I am talking about the window belt molding on the outside of the door. Its the little rubber molding that sits on the door and the outside of the window. It rather remove it than tape it up but i dont want to just pry it up without checking first.

BUmp anyone know?

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    I'd say go to a local body shop and ask, I am sure they would know. That's something that is usually only done for painting.

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by nopi08
    BUmp anyone know?
    There are links to the vehicle maint/repair manual in the stickied DIY SECTION. You may be able to find out how to remove it from there if no one else can tell you how.

ShapeShifter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS Sport w/Wheel Performance & Sport Appearance Pkgs

Sounds like your talking about the Front Door Outer Sealing Strip. If so, these three pages from my digital 06 Service Manual tells how to remove and install the strips. A very small portion of the front of the strips extends underneath the mirrors, pretty sure that’s why the instructions require their removal so that no damage occurs to strips or mirrors. I haven’t had a need to do this myself, so please proceed cautiously as the strips look a bit delicate. (Edit: Added removal and install for rear door strip at the bottom of this post)

There’s a diy thread on how to remove and install mirrors in FAQ DIY Sticky under the “Exterior and Appearance Modifications” heading @ http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...w-manuals.html

Hope this is useful.

----------
    EDIT:

Sorry about the earlier post showing the Front Door, but hope someone can also find it helpful.lol

Anyway, if you wanted instructions for removal of the Rear Door Outer Sealing Strips, then these pages from the digital 06 Service Manual tells how to remove and install the strips for the rear door.

Hope this will be more helpful.lol

Thats it. Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.