CTS Radiator question!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS Radiator question! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey guys quick question on our common radiator transmission connection issue. Would just replacing our radiator be a good preventive ...
    Stuff_buster is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6

CTS Radiator question!

Hey guys quick question on our common radiator transmission connection issue. Would just replacing our radiator be a good preventive method of avoiding the dreadful transmission line failure or does everyone have to end up putting a external transmission cooler? The reason i ask is if we all have to end up putting a tranny cooler ill just throw one on before anything has a chance of happening, if not im just as happy to replace my radiator at the same time i replace my radiator fluid.

Thanks guy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Re: CTS Radiator question!

go with a tranny cooler.
    when mine blew it was before all the threads were popping up, i remember reading only 1 before mine, so the external cooler wasnt even a thought at that time.
    i went with a aftermarket rad that my dealer sourced locally.

thanks for the input! ill be working on it soon, better to do some work ahead of time rather then getting stuck on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    go with a tranny cooler.
    when mine blew it was before all the threads were popping up, i remember reading only 1 before mine, so the external cooler wasnt even a thought at that time.
    i went with a aftermarket rad that my dealer sourced locally.
    Hey ghetto mike did your aftermarket rad provide a fix for the transmission cooler line fitting? if so i may just get a new rad

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

If you search my threads started you can find mine with a parts and price list.
    I changed the rad, lines and did a full tranny pan service (gasket /filter) and flushed the burnt fluid out by cycling the fluid a few times...I think the mechanic said he changed the fluid 3x just to be sure. (I'm well known @ that shop so it wasn't a extra charge)

rb0757 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

it would be best to go with the external tranny cooler, heat is the number one killer of tranny so anything you can do to keep that fluid cool is the way to go, they are real easy to put in too

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.