Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Omg best buy just screwed up my car! With pics!!!

10K views 56 replies 14 participants last post by  Caddy Dad 
#1 ·
Ok so i got an installation of a viper 5704 2-way alarm with remote start and kenwood dnx6190hd navigation stereo at best buy. they took out my stock DIC and radio. NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH MY CAR BEFORE I BROUGHT IT THERE. i drive home and when i arm the alarm i see the right rear passenger side light does not flash like it did BEFORE i went to them. i call them they look and say they don't know what happened and go to a cadillac dealer! i go there and they say they only deal with stock alarms and radios and to go back to best buy! i have been getting the runaround since. a different car audio installer said that's electrical and they did something wrong. i brought it to my mechanic and he checked the fuse boxes both under the hood and under the back seats and they are fine. also the light circuits work when tested so i know it was FINE BEFORE THEY TOUCHED MY CAR! i dont know what to do now. the installer @ best buy said this cts has ''one brake wire and it is getting a signal on the other light so they didnt do it....." he was so rude to me too! (im a girl btw) but if you look at the pics the left side the very bottom brake light does not turn on as well! this is terrible i spent almost 2000$ on all this and my car doesn't even work properly! i dont know what to do any input is greatly appreciated!

bottom right tail light :

when parked :

also parked :

reversing:

See less See more
#46 · (Edited)
ghettomike said:
did you have them install a alarm or a CD/dvd deck?

you say here that best buy has sent you to the dealership and agreed to pay for the repair...so....if they say they are covering it then i guess they are.

i think you need to bring someone with you when you go to best buy. and i dont want you to take this the wrong way buy bring a guy who is assertive but not a a hole, and if possible someone who knows about cars.
dont bring another girl...they will walk all over you.
Whole heartily agree with bringing a guy with you. Who isn't an a-hole or doesn't know much about cars.

KOT

#49 ·
if you bring someone with you who raises hell you will get nowhere and they will ask you to leave.
you have to be polite, and firm..but also seem to know what you are taking about and make them admit fault.(which is obvious here)

i hope this all works out for you.

Reactions: CTSM and Ikera
#52 ·
UPDATE :

went to best buy they said they will send it to the insurance company and i should receive a check in the mail for the full amount and they also knocked off $200 from the original bill ; hpefully this mess is all over and my car doesn't malfunction again.... thanks everyone for the help i really appreciate it guys!!
sounds good.

#56 · (Edited)
Ok guys 1 year and a half later. and the light is now doing the same thing!!!! I don't know what to do? is it a short? A bulb??

edit:

they changed the light bulb and it ''works'' now... it this a reoccurring theme with this light or could it be this simple a fix? I find it weird for it to be the same light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.