TPS spikes to 90%
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, TPS spikes to 90% in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Here is the problem. 2005 CTS 3.6 lux. sport. During light acceleration between 40 - 50 mph I have a ...
    flwalks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS

TPS spikes to 90%

Here is the problem. 2005 CTS 3.6 lux. sport. During light acceleration between 40 - 50 mph I have a little stutter that is acting like a transmission slip. Had the transmission oil and filter changed today just to rule it out. I hooked up my android tablet with a blue-tooth adapter using the app. Torque and looked for codes, non found. I did notice that the throttle position (manifold & raw) is spiking to 90% for short periods of time. It only does this as stated above. I took apart the throttle position cover and tried to clean the contact pads with no change. The question is, is this a common indication of a bad TPS and do I need a new throttle body with TPS?
    Thanks Steve

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: TPS spikes to 90%

That definitely doesn't sound normal. I don't know if you can source just the TPS, or if you have to get the whole TB.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

flwalks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS

Re: TPS spikes to 90%

No, the TPS is built into the throttle body. Just needed somebody that has seen this before and what was done to fix it. I found a new throttle body, OEM replacement, for $100 and might just replace it. The strange thing is I have no check engine light nor do I have any stored codes. If this was causing a studder you would think it would throw a code! I hate to just start throwing parts at it. The wife wants a new 2 door coupe, it might be time.

Steve

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.