Catch can
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Catch can in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi, Finally got my Rx catch can after almost a month of wait, so been searching threads about install i ...
    Lzr
    Lzr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS - 3.6L, perf pkg, RX catch can, Vmax Ice, Volant CAI

Catch can

Hi,

Finally got my Rx catch can after almost a month of wait, so been searching threads about install
    i found some but they all show the catch can itself and not where it gets connected

i'm pretty sure it's on the same line that connects to the valve cover fitting some of us have drilled

but that line tee's to both side of the plenum, so do i put the catch can inline closest to the valve cover pcv fitting or
    do i put it in line closest to the plenum inlet on the passenger side ?

Went to the dealer today to buy a spare line but it's not a stock item and needs to be ordered, but would like to install the catch can this weekend anyways so i want to make sure i don't screw things up, as the pcv line will take 5-8 days to get here

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Re: Catch can

Cut the hose that connects to the PCV valve/tube (that some of us have drilled out) a couple inches from to the PCV valve/tube. Leave enough hose to slide into the to hose provided with the catch can. You can add a hose clamp, but it is not necesssary as it should be a snug fit and the line is not under pressure. The other end of that hose connects to the center fitting on the catch can. The other fitting on the can is connected to any vacuum source, such as the T-fitting behind the intake manifold. If you have the dual check catch can, the third fitting on the can gets plumbed into the air intake tube with the supplied hose barb. My catch can came with instructions, I am just waiting on the Volant CAI and VMAX Ice-lator before I installl it. But they are en route, and I cannot wait to install everything.

Lzr

k
    thanks
    sadly mine didn't have any instructions in the box.

basically if you cut it close to the pcv fitting that's been drilled then you just reconnect to the line you just cut and put the can inline. so the center to the pcv valve fitting and the other line on the can goes to the tee were the line we just cut was originally going to, so the can protects both sides of the pcv, i was under the impression it was only for the passenger side...

did you have enough of rubber tubing supplied with it? i got 48 inches, for 2 lines i hope it's enough

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Yeah, thats how it hooks up. I do not have the instructions right in front of me, but I read through them more than once so that when I go to install mine, it wont be the first time Im seeing everything. Mine came with about that same amount of hose... I didnt measure it. And the breather cap keeps the other side clean. That is, if you got the breather cap.

RX is in the process of making lower profile breather caps for us CTS owners. The top of the filter on the breather cap hits the bottom of the hood (even with a chunk of hood liner removed), and it slightly crushes the filter on the cap. Its no big deal, but it kind of bugs my detail obsessive senses. I could just put the stock oil cap back on, but I already cut the hole in my hood liner, so screw it... and I actually really like what RX has done with that breather cap. I cannot wait until they source one that is short enough to not hit the hood.

Lzr

sounds good,

probly goona do this tomorrow since it sounds like a 10 min job

Tlorenzen is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

lzr, the 4ft hoses should be long enough, but its a close call. When I took my car over there me and Tracy went over that and they're changing the size of hose included from 4ft to 6ft if I remember right. It was reached for me, but The engine cover couldn't sit all the way down because the hoses weren't long enough to allow for play. This is all still a work in progress for them, but their doing a great job as far as I'm concerned. Hopfully I'll be able to get over there again in a couple weeks so he can do some more tweaks etc.

Btw, You will love the changes

Lzr

yeah, that's what i was afraid of, pretty sure 4ft for both line is gonna be short,
    will have to hunt down some tubing

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

I installed mine and took a bunch of pictures, ill post a diy. Im being lazy, ill get to it, eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Lzr View Post
    sounds good,

probly goona do this tomorrow since it sounds like a 10 min job
    Its not a 10 minute job...

Lzr

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTSTACK View Post
    Its not a 10 minute job...
    did you have any specific issues?
    did you install it as mentioned by David ?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lzr View Post
    did you have any specific issues?
    did you install it as mentioned by David ?

thanks
    No, no specific issues. I didnt do it as he describes. I did it my own way. Im working on a write up right now. It will be posted in a few minutes.

Here you go.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...h-can-diy.html

Lzr

you can follow the link in the post right above yours,
    it will show you how it goes

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.