Gas gauge "off".
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Gas gauge "off". in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Ok so I had gone to BJ's wholesale club. Had half a tank, put the nozzle in and clicked it ...
    Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Gas gauge "off".

Ok so I had gone to BJ's wholesale club. Had half a tank, put the nozzle in and clicked it to fill up itself. Grabbed the windshield sponge thing, lol. Wiped the windshield and I could swear I could my pump click. Looked on the screen, about 8 gallons and $35 and some odd cents.

Replaced the nozzle and parked the car Ina spot. While I was maneuvering in the parking lot. I noticed the needle was stuck at the half way mark as if I never filled it. Toggled through the DIC, yup used about 8 gallons. But wait, I only have 189 miles to go? Ok so first thought is the fuel sending unit. Went in did my shopping. And drove off to work.

20 some miles later. The DIC said I used about a gallon. Great, so I can use that as a reference point just in the mean time. BUT what bothered me was the fact needle has gone down as if I used that gallon. It bothers me because if the sending unit was bad, it wouldn't of sensed that gallon used because the gas is still way above the half way point. Heck, it still should be in the filler tube.

What do you guys think? I think I want to drive as normal and use about 10 gallons, if I get there. Lol. So if the car dies before I use 8 gallons then I got screwed at the pump. :-/

KOT

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: Gas gauge "off".

Wow... Talk about a dumb move on my part.

I never got gas. When I think about it, I honestly don't remember pressing the grade button. I do remember swiping my BJ's membership card, my credit card, inserting the nozzle and "locking" the handle to fill by itself.

I could swear that I did press the grade button. But doing that every week, you tend to forget a step or forget doing the step too.

So hopefully that $1.00 lingering charge will be taken off soon. I just filled up today, at the same BJ's for 14 gallons worth. Came home and found today's $1.00 as well as the total sale $55.99.

Glad the mystery is over, even though it's embarrassing lol.

KOT

CadillacKid12 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 3.6L, Clear Fogs, 20" TV, Tints, Streeglow, V Bumper

Re: Gas gauge "off".

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    Wow... Talk about a dumb move on my part.

BJ's
    KOT
    hahaha you said BJ

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.