Looking for new wheels.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Looking for new wheels. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; In spring I'm going to be needing to get some wheels as I will be getting some summer tires for ...
    talladega is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L

Looking for new wheels.

In spring I'm going to be needing to get some wheels as I will be getting some summer tires for my car. I'd like to go with 18" if possible, but I cannot afford to spend a ton of money on the wheels. I would love to get the 18" Cadillac wheels but they can be very expensive. I was doing some looking on eBay and found a store that sells used or refinished OEM (or what appears to be OEM?) wheels for a very good price.
    http://stores.ebay.com/wheelstiresan...p2047675.l2563
    Any of you bought from this place before?

They don't have them anymore but they had wheels like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Refinished-C...item1e6f60651c

But they were the ones for the CTS (5x115) and they were used and listed as light scratches for condition. They were priced at $110each w/ free shipping.

What do you guys think? Or do you have other suggestions of where I can get ones like that for a good price?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Re: Looking for new wheels.

buy aftermarket, and get 20s.
    that is all.
    SHORTSTACK and SHORTSTACK like this.

I'd like some Team Dynamics, but too expensive and getting 5x115's seem to be rare. 5x114.3 is common of course

I'm pretty set on 18's as our roads would not be kind to 20's.
    What is widest tire I could get away with on 18's? I've read some people roll their fenders. What is that?

Is Konig a decent brand?

sandalet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-2003, 3.2 automatic

I have these, I really like it. I bought them very expensive in Russia

ShapeShifter and ShapeShifter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by talladega View Post
    I'd like some Team Dynamics, but too expensive and getting 5x115's seem to be rare. 5x114.3 is common of course

I'm pretty set on 18's as our roads would not be kind to 20's.
    What is widest tire I could get away with on 18's? I've read some people roll their fenders. What is that?

Is Konig a decent brand?
    i drive 20s on dirt roads.....what kinda roads are you driving on?

I also don't have the money to buy 20s. If I did, I would, but I don't.

rogersks is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I'll sell ya a set of 20s lol

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

In spring I'm going to be needing to get some wheels as I will be getting some summer tires for my car. I'd like to go with 18" if possible, but I cannot afford to spend a ton of money on the wheels. I would love to get the 18" Cadillac wheels but they can be very expensive. I was doing some looking on eBay and found a store that sells used or refinished OEM (or what appears to be OEM?) wheels for a very good price.
    http://stores.ebay.com/wheelstiresan...p2047675.l2563
    Any of you bought from this place before?
    I've never bought from that place, but there are a number of web vendors that sell refinished OEM wheels. They seem to have a pretty strong feedback rating with nearly 27,000 ratings, so that's a good sign.

I don't know if you were looking for polished or not, but they've got the polished 12-spoke 18s for $111/ea with free shipping (item #130769151038). That seems like a helluva deal to me. I guess it just depends on how particular you are with wheels and whether some light scratches / curb rash / whatever is going to bug you or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    buy aftermarket, and get 20s.
    Why, and why?

245/40-18 is probably your best bet on an 18x8/8.5/9" wheel.

Rolling the fenders is folding the lip inside the fender well up to provide more clearance for wider rubber and/or more aggressive wheel fitments. Unless you're running a lowered suspension or chose to go with some shallow offset wheels (so they'd stick out more than the stockers), you shouldn't need to touch your fender lips.

Is Konig a decent brand?
    Yes. They're certainly not a top-of-the-line brand, but they've been around for years and I would say they're a "decent" brand - they make good, relatively inexpensive wheels.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    I've never bought from that place, but there are a number of web vendors that sell refinished OEM wheels. They seem to have a pretty strong feedback rating with nearly 27,000 ratings, so that's a good sign.

I don't know if you were looking for polished or not, but they've got the polished 12-spoke 18s for $111/ea with free shipping (item #130769151038). That seems like a helluva deal to me. I guess it just depends on how particular you are with wheels and whether some light scratches / curb rash / whatever is going to bug you or not.

Those were the exact ones I was looking at!

Not sure I will go with 18" now tho. The price of the tires is way too high for us right now.

Was thinking of these though....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-16X7-5...63cb7a&vxp=mtr

Good price.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

On the stock 12spoke 18's, Ive run 245/45's and now run 245/40's....havent had a problem with either size. My CTS is lowered but not substantially. Its just a little lower then stock V ride height. Id love to try 255's, but it looks very close up front.

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Why, and why?

245/40-18 is probably your best bet on an 18x8/8.5/9" wheel.
    i had 17's 18's and hated them both...road like crap.
    got 20s and they ride amazing. i wouldnt recommend being on the track on 20s because they will slow you down a little, but for day to day driving, i think 20s ride the best with 245/35/20

Not sure I will go with 18" now tho. The price of the tires is way too high for us right now.
    Yeah, it's a big jump.

Those are pretty nice looking. (Note that the 16x7s would have 10 holes in the middle, since they're dual-drilled for 5x110mm and 5x115mm, so they'd look a bit different than in the pictures.) To each his own, of course, but to me there's not much point in buying new wheels if they're the same size as the stockers. You could try going in between - 17s. The tire costs for 225/50-17s are only ~$20-30 per tire more than the 225/55-16s, rather than $50-75 more for the various 18" sizes.

Only reason I need to buy new wheels is I will have Winter tires and Summer tires. Getting the swapped over every spring and fall isn't what I'm wanting.

Will it look stupid with the extra holes?

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    i had 17's 18's and hated them both...road like crap.
    got 20s and they ride amazing.
    You may be the first person in automotive history to determine that more unsprung weight and tires with shorter sidewalls = better ride.

Only reason I need to buy new wheels is I will have Winter tires and Summer tires. Getting the swapped over every spring and fall isn't what I'm wanting.
    Well, keep an eye on the Classifieds here (note that there are 2 different Classifieds, since the moderators have never bothered to make up their minds on which one to keep.)

Will it look stupid with the extra holes?
    I'm having a hard time visualizing the wheels with the dual-drilled pattern. I think it's a very clean looking wheel with just the 5 holes, but with 10 it wouldn't look so clean.

ShapeShifter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS Sport w/Wheel Performance & Sport Appearance Pkgs

For me they’re ok as long as the lug nuts and extra openings are completely covered by a nice center cap. If they’re exposed, then it’s a no-go for me.

I do like those 18" 12 Spoke Wheels!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.