Wood Trim Dash
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Wood Trim Dash in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Does anyone have any experience with purchasing and installing wood dash kits for a 04 CTS? I would like to ...
    greffed is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Wood Trim Dash

Does anyone have any experience with purchasing and installing wood dash kits for a 04 CTS?
    I would like to know of a good quality brand and are they hard to install.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    greffed- I'm going to attempt to move this thread over to the CTS lounge. I believe a couple fellas have experience with the wood trim dash for their 03 CTSs.

Eldo1953 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV

Re: Wood Trim Dash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck C
    greffed- I'm going to attempt to move this thread over to the CTS lounge. I believe a couple fellas have experience with the wood trim dash for their 03 CTSs.
    Done

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    thanks eldo1953

BLT
    BLT is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck C
    thanks eldo1953
    If you are still interested in info on dash kits for the '04 CTS, contact me.

Ben

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Ive done it also, i dont think it looks great and it only takes a couple hours to install, i think im gonna paint some of the dash a brushed aluminum silver sort of look, ill try to use the same color as my exterior.

greffed is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What don't you like about the way it looks?

I was thinking of installing only a few pieces instead of using all of the pieces in the kit. I think to much wood would cheapen the look of the interior.

The install: once you were done how did the edges look. Are they loose with gapes or do they lay down nice and neat?

Here's one company that I found here locally, and they will do the install for $90. Depending on what kit you get they seem to be reasonably priced. I just don't know about the quality and how they will last over time.

http://www.exoticwooddash.com/cadillac.htm

Thanks for the reply's.

BLT
    BLT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    The prep for installation is the most important step of the process.
    Installation can be done by just about anyone and screwed up by the same person. Painting dash parts is probably not the best choice.

Hard dash and interior parts can be finished in wood grain , aluminum, etc. The process is being used by some of the OEMs and gives a truly factory appearance. You can e-mail me if you want more info,

Ben

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Eh i still dont like the dash kits, even though they seem to be more durable...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.