RX Oil separating catchcan for the LY7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, RX Oil separating catchcan for the LY7 in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Above are pics of the connections, mount location, and finished install. The LY7 has the fixed orfice in the same ...
    SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

RX Oil separating catchcan for the LY7

Above are pics of the connections, mount location, and finished install.

The LY7 has the fixed orfice in the same location as the LLT & LFX but you cut the PCV line back at the orfice 90* and install inline from there.

Tlorenzen and Tlorenzen like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

69 Camaro is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 SRX 3.6 AWD, 69 Camaro

Re: RX Oil separating catchcan for the LY7

I'm new here but have done quite a bit of reading. I'm assuming that you sell these things? I had had the cover and air intake assembly off and noticed liquid oil in the tube between the air filter and the intake manifold. Do these catch cans have any sort of baffling or or they straight in and straight out? Oil is coming from what use to be called the PVC valve hose. Don't know what it's called now. I have also been reading about another fix to combat oil comsumption. Drilling out the holes in the "PVC". What's your take on that or or you just a salesman. Not that that's a bad profession. I was in retail mgt. for 30 years before I was put out to pasture to find another job.

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by 69 Camaro View Post
    I'm new here but have done quite a bit of reading. I'm assuming that you sell these things? I had had the cover and air intake assembly off and noticed liquid oil in the tube between the air filter and the intake manifold. Do these catch cans have any sort of baffling or or they straight in and straight out? Oil is coming from what use to be called the PVC valve hose. Don't know what it's called now. I have also been reading about another fix to combat oil comsumption. Drilling out the holes in the "PVC". What's your take on that or or you just a salesman. Not that that's a bad profession. I was in retail mgt. for 30 years before I was put out to pasture to find another job.

Obviously not.

Terry, im going to tackle this today but i have yet seen where the line connects to in the back of the motor. Its not shown or pictured here.
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

Very rear of the passenger side valve cover, there is a hard plastic 45* fitting that will release with a small tab you pull and you will see the orfice under it.

I'll PM my cell if you need to call when installing.

69 camaro, my favorite year of the Gen 1's.

Just sold my true DZ 302 car a few months ago.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3077456

I am the engineer that designed these and 33 other products.

Do a google search on "RX Catchcans" to learn more.

Here are the internal components:

There is no other catchcan on the market is as robust solution or as effective as the RX can. There are several that do an excellent job as well, but none come with the integrated flow controlling checkvalves, etc. The only other competitors that will catch most of the oil (RX catches 99-100%) are as follows: The Saikou Micchi, the Elite & AMW, and then the Mike Norris/CCA. The ones that llok great but allow 30-40% of the oil to still pass through are the Moroso, diablosprt, billet prototypes.

The absolute junk ones are any of the Ebay or other empty cans w/fittings attached.

There is another that looks properly designed....but we yet to test it.

SHORTSTACK and SHORTSTACK like this.

Tlorenzen is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Looks like my car made the news haha. Tracy, when we meet back up, do you think we could shorten them up a little bit. Riding in that gt500 got me sidetracked and we forgot to ziptie them lol. anyways, I was thinking of just making them slightly shorter and running them less in a circle at the end. I don't have snips at school otherwise I would do it myself. Still, a great install!

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

For some reason, I bought the dual check valve model, and now I am wondering if I can use it on my car. I do not have a super/turbo-charger, and that seems to be where the second line goes. Should I send it back to exchange it for the single check valve version? Sadly, my Ice-lator was not in the box. But that is neither here nor there. Will the dual check valve catch can work on my engine? Where would I put the second line?

Yes, they can be shortened easily....and the group of pictures in my first post also shows mounting to the ecalade....sorry I didn't label it.

David, your fine with the dual valve, just connect the second outlet valve to your CAI tube any where between the MAF and the throttle body. Then at WOT when there is no vacuum present from the intake manifold this provides additional evac and since both are checkvalved there is no mixing of the clean and dirty sides of the PCV system. We should have included the 1/4 NPTx 3/8" barb fitting to drill into the air tube and attach the second outlet hose to. If not, just cap it with a 5"16" vac cap, but configuring the dual valve like described will give you the best possible evac.

On the Iceolator, we shipped the can first as the next batch of LLT iceolators will be in Monday and out to you.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Thanks SC. And yes, there is a barb-fitting in the bag-o-goodies/hardware that came with it. Awesome. I am glad I did not order the wrong can in my haste. I have only had this car for two months, but I plan on having all the standard bolt-on upgrades (all six of them) installed this month. I probably should have taken the car to Creative Steel for a new tanny-mount/driveline before worrying about bolting on a whole bunch of stuff to the engine, but that is next on my list. I am too afraid to really open the car up with my differential bushing being inop/broken. I really need to give Max a call, I only live an hour away from Salem.

As far as the Ice-lator goes, I have an LY7. I even have two sets of intake plenum gaskets waiting two sandwich/tag-team the spacer you send me.

Some interesting pictures to show how widespread this issue is:

http://www.google.com/search?q=intak...w=2021&bih=875
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    For our cars, do you suggest the single or the dual check valve? What's the advantages to either?

Single valve can for all NA cars up to 600 hp. For forced induction the dual valve, and FI or monster NA V8's the Monster can.

Longsnapper52 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Thunder Gray

Hey SC2150, Any chance of offering a discount for a group buy? PM me, i'd like to work something out

Quote Originally Posted by Longsnapper52
    Hey SC2150, Any chance of offering a discount for a group buy? PM me, i'd like to work something out
    I'd be in for that!!!

Were still running app 2 weeks behind due to the volumne of orders, so best we could do is free shipping if we get a group of 5 or more....

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150
    Were still running app 2 weeks behind due to the volumne of orders, so best we could do is free shipping if we get a group of 5 or more....
    Free shipping to Canada?
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.