RX Oil separating catchcan for the LY7 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, RX Oil separating catchcan for the LY7 in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Not Canada....our cost is app $25-29 each there.....we use USPS Priority express to Canada....
    SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: RX Oil separating catchcan for the LY7

Not Canada....our cost is app $25-29 each there.....we use USPS Priority express to Canada.

RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by SC2150
    Not Canada....our cost is app $25-29 each there.....we use USPS Priority express to Canada.

Son of a........ Lmao. Ok, for us Canada boys is there any kinda discount we can get? I was going to order one very soon. Also, I know you have many different versions. Can you give me the part number for the one I would need for my 06 3.6. Just to make it quicker when ordering. I will take red if the color matters for a part number. Also, is there a bracket made for my car or is it a generic bracket?

Odysseyvegas is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

Re: RX Oil separating catchcan for the LY7

Thread resurrection. Kind people, I have to put a very solid recommendation in for this mod for owners of the 2.8 V-6, and I assume the 3.6 with those who have been suffering the oil consumption issue. I have an '05. Used a 1/2 litre almost every fill. I checked this list intently to determine what if anything I could do to relieve the high cost of the synthetic, but most importantly give my engine a chance at a long life. I researched and did both the barb mod, and went with Tracy's catch can. I don't drive much, so it's taken some time to work. Honestly, the kit is excellent quality, but I have to admit I thought it was a bit of snake oil as it took time to work. It took me almost 9 months to put an additional 6K km on the car. Huge difference in oil consumption. Instead of adding 1/2 a litre per ttankful, I've now gone 4 full fillups without having to touch it. I was a doubter, now a believer. I did the first oil change on the car since then. As RX recommends, drain the can too. I couldn't believe the stuff that came out of it. I'm an old guy and want to get the best out of my engine, and CTS. This is an excellent and most highly recommended purchase. I would like to ask RX what the new seperating kit is for? (I purchased the breathable oil cap but it fit too high, haven't use it = is the new kit to replace it and if so how does it work?)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.