Aftermarket CTS parts and mods
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Aftermarket CTS parts and mods in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; IM in the Ottawa area and wondering if anyone knows of anywhere local to get some aftermarket parts for Caddys? ...
    Ibjammn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS

Aftermarket CTS parts and mods

IM in the Ottawa area and wondering if anyone knows of anywhere local to get some aftermarket parts for Caddys? Also wanted to know if anyone has done anything with the chrome lip on the hood? Am trying to get as blacked out as I can, just looking for different solutions. Any help at all is appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RCVW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "Angel Dust" 2004 White Diamond CTS 3.6L-V
    Plastidip.
    Ibjammn and Ibjammn like this.

dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: Aftermarket CTS parts and mods

J. C. Whitney
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Jshirley is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS

I plasti dip'd the chrome strip on my V grille and it turned out nice. you can look at it in one of my recent started threads! its easy to use and if you mess up, it peels right off. but it also holds up very well. it hasn't chipped and its been about 5 months.
    Ibjammn and Ibjammn like this.

I had never heard of this product until I saw that RCVW mentioned it in this thread. There are a couple of people selling it on Kijiji. Did you have to take the chrome strip off or did you use painters tape around it and spray?

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibjammn
    I had never heard of this product until I saw that RCVW mentioned it in this thread. There are a couple of people selling it on Kijiji. Did you have to take the chrome strip off or did you use painters tape around it and spray?
    I took my Crome strip off and sprayed it on some cardboard. It's been like that for a few months without issues.

Y3E
    Y3E is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Was 2005 CTS Sport - Dark Metallic Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Ibjammn View Post
    Very easy to take the chrome strip off. Get a 10 mm, remove the 6 bolts and voila. Nice to have another Ottawan here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehaze07

I took my Crome strip off and sprayed it on some cardboard. It's been like that for a few months without issues.
    I picked up a can of Plasti Dip today. I just have to wait for the rain to stop to apply it.

Quote Originally Posted by Y3E

Very easy to take the chrome strip off. Get a 10 mm, remove the 6 bolts and voila. Nice to have another Ottawan here.
    I will be applying it hopefully this week, try and figure out how to post before and after photos. Any tips?

Uploading the pics to a hosting site like photo bucket then linking it in your post is the easiest way.

I sprayed 4 coats on my strip and I haven't had any peeling/chipping issues yet.

Uploading the pics to a hosting site like photo bucket then linking it in your post is the easiest way.

I sprayed 4 coats on my strip and I haven't had any peeling/chipping issues yet.
    How long have you had it on? No problems when you wash the car? Do you wash the front like normal or are you putting a little less pressure there?
    I have a membership at a local Tops car wash here and wash the car usually 1-3 times a week so I'm curious to see how the Plasti dip holds up!
    I guess I'm joining Flickr....thanks Bluehaze07!

Mr Nix is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    IM in the Ottawa area and wondering if anyone knows of anywhere local to get some aftermarket parts for Caddys? Also wanted to know if anyone has done anything with the chrome lip on the hood? Am trying to get as blacked out as I can, just looking for different solutions. Any help at all is appreciated.
    I had a guy, who does tinting, wrap the chrome strip in black vinyl. It turned out great and cost me 15 bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Nix View Post
    I had a guy, who does tinting, wrap the chrome strip in black vinyl. It turned out great and cost me 15 bucks.
    Was it done here in the Ottawa area? I just applied the plastidip on it today and it looks not bad. Took some pics but when I try to upload it says images pending approval, same as 2 or 3 I tried to upload last week.

How long have you had it on? No problems when you wash the car? Do you wash the front like normal or are you putting a little less pressure there?
    I have a membership at a local Tops car wash here and wash the car usually 1-3 times a week so I'm curious to see how the Plasti dip holds up!
    I guess I'm joining Flickr....thanks Bluehaze07!
    I've had it on for a few months and I have taken it through a few touch/touch-less automatic washes without any issues. My emblem didn't fair as well though. I peeled it off. I'll see if I have any pics lying around and I'll post it. **done**

I've had it on for a few months and I have taken it through a few touch/touch-less automatic washes without any issues. My emblem didn't fair as well though. I peeled it off. I'll see if I have any pics lying around and I'll post it. **done**
    Nice! Side marker lights aftermarket? Have you looked at 03-07 Cadillac CTS VIP BLK CCFL Halo Projector Headlights Lamps Assembly?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.