Exhaust question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Exhaust question in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Want a v's exhaust put on my cts. I personally think its the best option. Now there's a pull-a-part that ...
    shadowATL is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts

Exhaust question

Want a v's exhaust put on my cts. I personally think its the best option. Now there's a pull-a-part that has a cts-v (I think two actually I called about tail lights an the had a v) but anyways to do this conversion I'm a novice about anything mechanical, so I need help. What do I need to make sure this car has to make sure this will work to where I'm not missing anything? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: Exhaust question

Unless you need taillights. You may leave those tail lights on the V, they are the exact same compared to ours.

As for grabbing the exhaust, all you'll need is just the pipe. Personally, I would grab from the O2 sensors on back to the exhaust tips. Grab any rubber holders just in case, no real need for them other than a just in case.

However, if you are going from a single exhaust to the V, which is of course duel, then you'll need to grab the brackets for the passenger side. As well as those rubber holds for that side. It should be one bracket, and three rubber holds for the ones that are missing from the single.

When I installed my duel, in the single set up. I used a coat hanger to hold the passenger muffler. I planned on buying the bracket, but here it is over 2 years later and it's still being held by the coat hanger. lol

KOT

Lol thanks! yea I have the 3.6 so it has dual. But I wanted a spare set of tails because I want to do the vht nightshades mod to them but I'm not a painter nor a good spray painter. Lol an I didn't want to F them up so I wanted a extra set "just in case" lol

An would the year of the V matter??? An if yes what years compatible with my 2004 3.6

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: Exhaust question

2004 to 2007. So all first gen will fit.

Don't worry about the pipe size, the V is 2.5 while ours is 2.25. Any exhaust shop will know what to do with the install.

KOT

Thank you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.