reading engine codes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, reading engine codes in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I changed out my spark plugs due to misfiring, job wasn't to bad after some people here gave me some ...
    rich603 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Unhappy reading engine codes

I changed out my spark plugs due to misfiring, job wasn't to bad after some people here gave me some help. But I still have misfires, the check engine light is now on too, I tried reading the codes with my own reader and another newer one from a friend. Niether will read the codes. I believe I have a coil pack or two giving me trouble but since the engine has 200K on it and the tranny is acting up so I only want to invest what is needed. Does anyone know which code readers work or if there is another way of testing coil packs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: reading engine codes

Year, engine size and model will help.

But nevertheless, any OBDII code read shall work on any 96 and later. There are manufactures that have their own type of reading device. But a simple power train code shall be read by any code reader.

KOT

mine is a 2004, cts with the 3.6l My code reader is an OBD II and the other we tried was also an OBDII reader.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

The reader must be a CAN BUS enabled OBDII unit.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Aw, I don't believe either we tried where CAN BUS enabled. At least the documents with them don't say it.
    I will price the right one and decide whether to let the local guys give me the code reading or purchase another reader. Being only partil employed means which ever way costs less.

Rich

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.