newbe with old problem
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, newbe with old problem in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I recently purchased a 04 cts in like new body & interior with all options. The lady was selling it ...
    rayshound is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts 3.6L

newbe with old problem

I recently purchased a 04 cts in like new body & interior with all options. The lady was selling it because the mech told her the loud knocking noise could be expensive could not give estimate until tear down so she sold it to me and I hauled it home by wrecker. My question is can anyone give me an exact year model and what you had to replace from old motor to new, example, pan, sensors, timming cover etc. I did see a few posts but not exactly what it took to put late model in an 04. Second question has any one rebuilt what they had? Rings bearings, timming chain, valve job etc? I have rebuilt over the years, small block chevy & big block fords. So far I have the timming chain cover off and it looks like new I was expecting to see parts heated or loose parts but it looks clean and tight. Thank you. Ray

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Re: newbe with old problem

To do a rebuild on a engine such as the one have, would be a waste of money. For the simple fact that you can find them in junk yards for half the price you would spend to rebuild it. There is a place thats called FAQ'S, on this site. You will find some if not most of your answers there.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.