P0342 and multiple misfire codes.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, P0342 and multiple misfire codes. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Got a 2007 Cadillac CTS with a 3.6l I'm working on. Car came in with a no start but cranked ...
    Moffman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

P0342 and multiple misfire codes.

Got a 2007 Cadillac CTS with a 3.6l I'm working on. Car came in with a no start but cranked very fast like it had no compression. After about 4-5 long cranks it finally turned over rough but at a decent idle. Car had a code for a P0341 CMP Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1, Misfires in cylinder 1 and 3, and something about a BUS uplink/data or another. The oil was low about a quart as well. I checked voltage to the sensor was getting 5 volts and also the signal to the PCM which was also 5 volts. I replaced the Cam shaft position sensor and now I have a P0342. I checked online and from what I gathered it had to do with voltage at the sensor. Once again I have 5 volts going to the sensor and 5 volts to the PCM. The trouble tree for P0342 is now pointing to a bad computer.

Kinda stuck on this one, any caddy experts out there have any leads to pursue? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: P0342 and multiple misfire codes.

Odds are, it could be the timing chain. These 3.6 and 2.8 engines are notorious for timing chain stretch with low oil. Research here on the timing chain issue and if you have any tricks up your sleeve to test the timing... do that. Report back.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

Re: P0342 and multiple misfire codes.

Check the volts at the battery, a weak battery could cause this, anything below 10 volts the car doesn't like at all lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.