Will Vossen CV3's fit first gen CTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Will Vossen CV3's fit first gen CTS? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I scoured the internet last night to try and find out if these CV3's will in fact fit the first ...
    karlschubach is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

Will Vossen CV3's fit first gen CTS?

I scoured the internet last night to try and find out if these CV3's will in fact fit the first gen CTS, but I've had no luck. Second gen is compatible, but all the dealer sites I've found say that the bolt pattern/offset won't work for the 1st gen....until now. I found a site that claims they have a set of CV3's that will fit my 2005 CTS (see attachment) At the bottom of the image you can clearly see it says: VERIFIED. Can anyone on here that's human verify this? I'd hate to pull the trigger and then have a catastrophic surprise when it came time to mount them.

Thanks everyone!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AJO713 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS

Re: Will Vossen CV3's fit first gen CTS?

You could do it, but 5x114.3 is not the proper bolt pattern for the 1st gen CTS. In saying that, .7mm isn't that much of a difference, but over time your struts could bend or even snap because of the strain you will put on the struts. The best solution to your problem would be to either get the wheels drilled, I got a set of some 5x114.3 wheels, and I had them re-drilled to 5x115 and now they work perfectly. If you are comfortable putting non factor spec wheels on your CTS then it should be fine for the time being.

karlschubach is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

Hey AJO713, thanks for the tip. I noticed on the Vossen website that the CV3's DO come in a 5x115mm pattern as well, but it's still saying it's not compatible with the first gen. I'm not too familiar with offsets, but I'm guessing that has something to do with why they won't fit? Guess I'll have to email Vossen to see if they have any advice.

AJO713 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS

We have a high offset on our cars so 38 would be fine, but the problem you have is in the Hub size. I didn't notice it until now, but those Vossens have a HUB of 73.1 and the CTS can only handle 70.3 so thats wear the problem is. I would still check to see if they (Vossen) could do something about that because most wheel companies want to have their wheels on a very large variety of cars so they might work something out with you, but only if your serious about buying.

RCVW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "Angel Dust" 2004 White Diamond CTS 3.6L-V
    run some hub adapters...

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by AJO713
    We have a high offset on our cars so 38 would be fine, but the problem you have is in the Hub size. I didn't notice it until now, but those Vossens have a HUB of 73.1 and the CTS can only handle 70.3 so thats wear the problem is. I would still check to see if they (Vossen) could do something about that because most wheel companies want to have their wheels on a very large variety of cars so they might work something out with you, but only if your serious about buying.
    My rim hub bore is the same (or is it 71.3...) and I run mine with hub centric rims without issues. I've driven with them at over 100m/hr too.

neurotictim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, stock. Blacked-Out 2007 CTS 3.6 "Odd One"

FWIW, I'm running XXR 518's - 19" wheels with 5x114.3 pattern and an offset of +38 (I think - need to go back through a previous thread) and they're going strong with several thousand miles so far. You may want to look into hubcentric rings so that they stay centered when you're putting them on the car, but unless you're going to be tracking the car on these wheels you should be fine.

That's just my experience, anyway.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.