Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Spark plug replacement questions?

  1. #1
    rich603 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15

    Arrow Spark plug replacement questions?

    I am in the midle of replacing the plugs on my 2004, 3.6L CTS. I have read threw most of the posts on here covering this but I still have a couple of concerns.

    1. Do I remove the black plastic ring from the front of the intake, and if so how?
    2. How do I disconnect this black lock on fitting and is this a fuel line that is pzr?
    Pictures included

    Attached Images

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ledyard, CT
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,281

    Re: Spark plug replacement questions?

    That black ring that is on the throttle just pulls off. As a matter of fact, the "part" that holds that piece on is shown in the picture. A little to the right you can see what looks like a press fit clamp.

    As for that other connector. On the other side of it, there's a little tab that you pull towards you and then to the right or left. Either way it will only allow you to go the opposite and it'll release that connection. When putting it back on, pull that tab a little bit so that when you press the connector back on it won't snap it. Depending on how much it's been "worked" on and off, it can slide on with out pulling it back. But I advise to help it on, rather than force it on.

    I can't really tell which connector that is. But it's def not a fuel connection. They are a bit lower on the engine than that.

    KOT

  4. #3
    newy0rktrini's Avatar
    newy0rktrini is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    32
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by rich603
    I am in the midle of replacing the plugs on my 2004, 3.6L CTS. I have read threw most of the posts on here covering this but I still have a couple of concerns.

    1. Do I remove the black plastic ring from the front of the intake, and if so how?
    2. How do I disconnect this black lock on fitting and is this a fuel line that is pzr?
    Pictures included
    Hey bro, just disconnect the other end of that hose from the fuel filter. It's up by the fire wall on the passenger side and it's much easier to detach. I just my spark plug and had the same issue but that's how I solved it. Work smarter not harder

  5. #4
    Lzr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS - 3.6L, perf pkg, RX catch can, Vmax Ice, Volant CAI
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Montreal, Qc
    Posts
    353

    Re: Spark plug replacement questions?

    Quote Originally Posted by newy0rktrini View Post
    Hey bro, just disconnect the other end of that hose from the fuel filter. It's up by the fire wall on the passenger side and it's much easier to detach. I just my spark plug and had the same issue but that's how I solved it. Work smarter not harder
    that line is real easy to disconnect, no need to go at the other end, just pull on the little tab and lift the hose, takes literally 5 sec

    i'll quote you on this: work smarter not harder

  6. #5
    newy0rktrini's Avatar
    newy0rktrini is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    32
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Lzr

    that line is real easy to disconnect, no need to go at the other end, just pull on the little tab and lift the hose, takes literally 5 sec

    i'll quote you on this: work smarter not harder
    Easier said than done. I don't know what "little tab" your referring to. It's better safe than sorry. I suggest going with the disconnect that you can understand and don't run a possibility of breaking. Both ends may take only 5 sec if you know what your doing but unless you plan on driving to him to demonstrate I'd suggest he go with whatever end is easiest for him to take apart. Bottom line is that he has options.

  7. #6
    Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ledyard, CT
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,281

    Re: Spark plug replacement questions?

    This is the tab that I am talking about...



    From a different angle...



    And finally both sides of the tube. By the way that little device that it's plugged into, is the Purge Valve Solenoid.



    KOT

  8. #7
    newy0rktrini's Avatar
    newy0rktrini is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    32
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos
    This is the tab that I am talking about...

    From a different angle...

    And finally both sides of the tube. By the way that little device that it's plugged into, is the Purge Valve Solenoid.

    KOT
    Thank for the pix bro, good stuff!

  9. #8
    rich603 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15

    Re: Spark plug replacement questions?

    finished the plugs, not to bad with the extra help from here. Thank You, I still have a major miss and I can not read engine codes with two different OBDII readers.

    Rich

  10. #9
    Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ledyard, CT
    Age
    38
    Posts
    9,281

    Re: Spark plug replacement questions?

    Wait a minute. Is the check engine light even on?

    KOT

  11. #10
    rich603 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15

    Re: Spark plug replacement questions?

    yes the check engine light stayed on this time

    Rich


Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum