Spark plug replacement questions?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Spark plug replacement questions? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I am in the midle of replacing the plugs on my 2004, 3.6L CTS. I have read threw most of ...
    rich603 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Arrow Spark plug replacement questions?

I am in the midle of replacing the plugs on my 2004, 3.6L CTS. I have read threw most of the posts on here covering this but I still have a couple of concerns.

1. Do I remove the black plastic ring from the front of the intake, and if so how?
    2. How do I disconnect this black lock on fitting and is this a fuel line that is pzr?
    Pictures included
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: Spark plug replacement questions?

That black ring that is on the throttle just pulls off. As a matter of fact, the "part" that holds that piece on is shown in the picture. A little to the right you can see what looks like a press fit clamp.

As for that other connector. On the other side of it, there's a little tab that you pull towards you and then to the right or left. Either way it will only allow you to go the opposite and it'll release that connection. When putting it back on, pull that tab a little bit so that when you press the connector back on it won't snap it. Depending on how much it's been "worked" on and off, it can slide on with out pulling it back. But I advise to help it on, rather than force it on.

I can't really tell which connector that is. But it's def not a fuel connection. They are a bit lower on the engine than that.

KOT

newy0rktrini is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by rich603
    I am in the midle of replacing the plugs on my 2004, 3.6L CTS. I have read threw most of the posts on here covering this but I still have a couple of concerns.

1. Do I remove the black plastic ring from the front of the intake, and if so how?
    2. How do I disconnect this black lock on fitting and is this a fuel line that is pzr?
    Pictures included
    Hey bro, just disconnect the other end of that hose from the fuel filter. It's up by the fire wall on the passenger side and it's much easier to detach. I just my spark plug and had the same issue but that's how I solved it. Work smarter not harder

Lzr
    Lzr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS - 3.6L, perf pkg, RX catch can, Vmax Ice, Volant CAI

Quote Originally Posted by newy0rktrini View Post
    Hey bro, just disconnect the other end of that hose from the fuel filter. It's up by the fire wall on the passenger side and it's much easier to detach. I just my spark plug and had the same issue but that's how I solved it. Work smarter not harder
    that line is real easy to disconnect, no need to go at the other end, just pull on the little tab and lift the hose, takes literally 5 sec

i'll quote you on this: work smarter not harder

Quote Originally Posted by Lzr

that line is real easy to disconnect, no need to go at the other end, just pull on the little tab and lift the hose, takes literally 5 sec

i'll quote you on this: work smarter not harder
    Easier said than done. I don't know what "little tab" your referring to. It's better safe than sorry. I suggest going with the disconnect that you can understand and don't run a possibility of breaking. Both ends may take only 5 sec if you know what your doing but unless you plan on driving to him to demonstrate I'd suggest he go with whatever end is easiest for him to take apart. Bottom line is that he has options.

This is the tab that I am talking about...

From a different angle...

And finally both sides of the tube. By the way that little device that it's plugged into, is the Purge Valve Solenoid.

KOT

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos
    This is the tab that I am talking about...

From a different angle...

And finally both sides of the tube. By the way that little device that it's plugged into, is the Purge Valve Solenoid.

KOT
    Thank for the pix bro, good stuff!

finished the plugs, not to bad with the extra help from here. Thank You, I still have a major miss and I can not read engine codes with two different OBDII readers.

Rich

Wait a minute. Is the check engine light even on?

KOT

yes the check engine light stayed on this time

Rich

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.