The gray n blac lac - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, The gray n blac lac in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by newy0rktrini TO ALL: My words, "str8" "imma do" or any other jargon I choose to use NOW ...
    Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by newy0rktrini
    TO ALL:

My words, "str8" "imma do" or any other jargon I choose to use NOW or in the FUTURE is not a reflection of OUR military, MY military professionalism or character. There is a time and place for everything and service members don't excel by displaying anything other then the highest level of professionalism. However, in our daily lives we ARE NOT expected to live within the confines of public opinion. We cannot and should not expect our soldiers to do anything more than to be the protectors of freedom both at home and abroad. We represent American ideals as we occupy countries around the world, but once we return home we would like to UNWIND without being scrutinized. We don't FIGHT and DIE for our country's ideal just to be criticized about how we walk and talk when off duty in our own country. Why should all the burden of exemplary behavior be placed on service members 24/7 when civilians are not held to any standard? shouldn't we all be accountable for our actions or do we place all the burden on service members to live in a bubble of control? There is NO such thing as a perfect Soldier, Officer, Pastor, Policeman or any other public servant. The fact is, these people answered a calling to a higher duty to provide a service to the benefit of many. If their actions are not, illegal, immoral or unethical then PLEASE do not harass them. It is egocentric to measure the actions of others against how you think society or individuals should operate. Unless you are without flaw, you have no room to be critical of others. Again, I AM who I AM, a Soldier, a Father, a Husband, a Mentor, a Leader and apparently a member of a Cadillac forum. Respect my position and if you don't like how I shorthand the English language in an informal online platform, feel free to not reply to my postings.

I fixed it...I think..

Scattilac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC

Re: The gray n blac lac

Quote Originally Posted by newy0rktrini View Post
    TO ALL:

My words, "str8" "imma do" or any other jargon I choose to use NOW or in the FUTURE is not a reflection of OUR military, MY military professionalism or character. There is a time and place for everything and service members don't excel by displaying anything other then the highest level of professionalism. However, in our daily lives we ARE NOT expected to live within the confines of public opinion. We cannot and should not expect our soldiers to do anything more than to be the protectors of freedom both at home and abroad. We represent American ideals as we occupy countries around the world, but once we return home we would like to UNWIND without being scrutinized. We don't FIGHT and DIE for our country's ideal just to be criticized about how we walk and talk when off duty in our own country. Why should all the burden of exemplary behavior be placed on service members 24/7 when civilians are not held to any standard? shouldn't we all be accountable for our actions or do we place all the burden on service members to live in a bubble of control? There is NO such thing as a perfect Soldier, Officer, Pastor, Policeman or any other public servant. The fact is, these people answered a calling to a higher duty to provide a service to the benefit of many. If their actions are not, illegal, immoral or unethical then PLEASE do not harass them. It is egocentric to measure the actions of others against how you think society or individuals should operate. Unless you are without flaw, you have no room to be critical of others. Again, I AM who I AM, a Soldier, a Father, a Husband, a Mentor, a Leader and apparently a member of a Cadillac forum. Respect my position and if you don't like how I shorthand the English language in an informal online platform, feel free to not reply to my postings.

Atta boy...now I am a believer, you enlisted by choice, but very well said.

neurotictim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V mostly stock

10 year vet here, separated as an E6, went back to work for the DoD as a civil servant (for the last three years) in electrical engineering and instrument repair.

Some of the best, most professional people I have worked with in the last 13 years talked "street" or "slang" or "eubonics" or whatever you want to call it... off duty, or around people they knew. The moment professionalism was called for, they could switch it on without hesitation.

On the other hand, I have met some very well-spoken sailors and Marines who seemed to find their professionalism as easy as you or I may find a needle in a haystack. I don't care if you use "straight", "strait" (which is technically only a body of water), or "str8", if you have a cool idea, I'm down.

Disclaimer: That only goes so far before I can't read it, lol. I have a teenager daughter, and I can barely make out what her texts say sometimes. Gotta ask for translation.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Its definately unique. I like most of it, but I agree a couple changes and this will be a sharp looking car. Wont see another one like it which is a nice feeling. Appreciate your service man.

newy0rktrini is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen
    Its definately unique. I like most of it, but I agree a couple changes and this will be a sharp looking car. Wont see another one like it which is a nice feeling. Appreciate your service man.
    Thanks! I am going to go a little darker with the silver to help blend the color of the headlights, here is a idea of what I plan to do. What do you think.
    Attached Images

newy0rktrini is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Quote Originally Posted by neurotictim
    10 year vet here, separated as an E6, went back to work for the DoD as a civil servant (for the last three years) in electrical engineering and instrument repair.

Some of the best, most professional people I have worked with in the last 13 years talked "street" or "slang" or "eubonics" or whatever you want to call it... off duty, or around people they knew. The moment professionalism was called for, they could switch it on without hesitation.

On the other hand, I have met some very well-spoken sailors and Marines who seemed to find their professionalism as easy as you or I may find a needle in a haystack. I don't care if you use "straight", "strait" (which is technically only a body of water), or "str8", if you have a cool idea, I'm down.

Disclaimer: That only goes so far before I can't read it, lol. I have a teenager daughter, and I can barely make out what her texts say sometimes. Gotta ask for translation.
    Thanks for your service and support! I was enlisted as well, made E7 then switched over to Warrant. Service members are definitely a unique group of people (crazy). I enjoy what I do so I think I'll stick around and collect that retirement check. Where are you living now?

neurotictim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V mostly stock

Quote Originally Posted by newy0rktrini View Post
    Thanks for your service and support! I was enlisted as well, made E7 then switched over to Warrant. Service members are definitely a unique group of people (crazy). I enjoy what I do so I think I'll stick around and collect that retirement check. Where are you living now?
    I got out precisely because I didn't want to make E7, lol. The senior enlisted in my last command - Fleet Readiness Center Mid-Atlantic Oceana - were grooming me for Chief, but I didn't want anything to do with heads and beds. I'm a wrench-turner at heart. I can manage admin stuff, but my heart's just not in it. So I got out, and got hired on here at FRC Oceana as a electronics sort of jack of all trades. I love southeast Virginia, so it works out well.

...the retirement check would have been nice, though...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.