The gray n blac lac - Page 3
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52
Like Tree11Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, The gray n blac lac in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by newy0rktrini Naw I wasn't referring you you. You str8. But have you seen anyone that painted the ...
  1. #31
    AJO713's Avatar
    AJO713 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Houston TX,
    Posts
    144

    Re: The gray n blac lac

    Quote Originally Posted by newy0rktrini View Post
    Naw I wasn't referring you you. You str8. But have you seen anyone that painted the inside of the headlights b4 on a cadi? I never seen that. I was gonna do chrome but I personally think too much chrome is tacky. The trim on the Headlits is gray like factory ones. I was thinking about tinting the fogs, you think that would even out the look? I get alot of compliments on the car. I felt as if the head lights didn't flow right after I installed them but what can I do now? I already modded them to fit so I can't send em back. Most cadi owners headlights don't match their car. After all, the factorys are gray, how many ppl have a gray car.
    Believe me, any light on your car can be customized.

    If anyone has any questions about customizing their fog/headlights let me know.

  2. #32
    newy0rktrini is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by AJO713

    Believe me, any light on your car can be customized.

    If anyone has any questions about customizing their fog/headlights let me know.
    Nice car brother, what are you thoughts on customization of the headlights?

  3. #33
    A48WillyzGuy's Avatar
    A48WillyzGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Evansville, IN
    Age
    26
    Posts
    294
    Nice looking car man!

    Is the two-tone factory? I only ask because I've seen a car running around where I live (Evansville, IN) that has the same color scheme.

  4. #34
    newy0rktrini is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by A48WillyzGuy
    Nice looking car man!

    Is the two-tone factory? I only ask because I've seen a car running around where I live (Evansville, IN) that has the same color scheme.
    Nope I painted it in Arizona. Evansville huh, good ol green river road, washington square mall. Oh joy!

  5. #35
    Kik
    Kik is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    34

    Re: The gray n blac lac

    Well my first thought with the first pics were theis guy screwed up a perfectly good car. Then I read down a little and see you did more than put a black bumper on the car. My suggestion would be to install a blackout kit for the lights. I think it would make the car lines flow better Maybe black out that grill also. JMO. but I think asit sits , it just has too much contrast or conflict with the way the car is painted.

  6. #36
    AJO713's Avatar
    AJO713 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Houston TX,
    Posts
    144

    Re: The gray n blac lac

    Quote Originally Posted by newy0rktrini View Post
    Nice car brother, what are you thoughts on customization of the headlights?
    It all depends on what you want to do to them. If you want to mod your OEM headlights like I did, the hardest part is getting the lenses separated and glueing them back on without problems. Once the lens is off the sky is the limit to what you can do. Companies that specialize in lighting have a big selection of stuff you can incorporate into your headlight, but if you were just wanting to break down the aftermarket headlights you already have than it should be relatively easy to take off the lens, but it will be extremely hard to seal it back to the point where water wont get in. Customizing an already customized product is risky because certain aspects of their products might not match up as well as OEM would. So when you go to glue the lens on a aftermarket light back on you may notice the reason you cant seem to get a good seal is because the lens might not match up to the housing exactly. This makes it hard to get the proper amount of sealant equally distributed around the lens if it doesn't match up to the housing so in my opinion its risky to customized already customized lights, but the sky's the limit to what you can do once you separate them.

  7. #37
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,642

    Re: The gray n blac lac

    Quote Originally Posted by AJO713 View Post
    It all depends on what you want to do to them. If you want to mod your OEM headlights like I did, the hardest part is getting the lenses separated and glueing them back on without problems. Once the lens is off the sky is the limit to what you can do. Companies that specialize in lighting have a big selection of stuff you can incorporate into your headlight, but if you were just wanting to break down the aftermarket headlights you already have than it should be relatively easy to take off the lens, but it will be extremely hard to seal it back to the point where water wont get in. Customizing an already customized product is risky because certain aspects of their products might not match up as well as OEM would. So when you go to glue the lens on a aftermarket light back on you may notice the reason you cant seem to get a good seal is because the lens might not match up to the housing exactly. This makes it hard to get the proper amount of sealant equally distributed around the lens if it doesn't match up to the housing so in my opinion its risky to customized already customized lights, but the sky's the limit to what you can do once you separate them.
    Separating these headlights is much harder then others Ive tried. I tried this a couple years ago, in 08 or 09 sometime. I ruined a pair of headlights doing that. You know when you triy to separate an Oreo cookie, but theres almost always a little cream left on the cookie? Thats what the lens and grey housing looked like.

  8. #38
    concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,642

    Re: The gray n blac lac

    Quote Originally Posted by newy0rktrini View Post
    Hey guys I just added custom floor mats and the ride quality is CRAZY. Night and day difference. Car takes bumps way better and I think my cornering improved!
    Joke all you want, you were the one who said it incorrectly!! The legendary Cadillac ride quality had nothing to do with horsepower, throttle response, acceleration or anything else you mentioned. IT was all suspension.

    Heres a question for ya. Does your CTS ride on its wheels or its transmission and engine?
    Ride quality most definitely does have a textbook defintion. The relative qaulity of the ride is up for opinion, however.
    Argent1, Argent1, mmvvt and 1 others like this.

  9. #39
    AJO713's Avatar
    AJO713 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Houston TX,
    Posts
    144

    Re: The gray n blac lac

    Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Separating these headlights is much harder then others Ive tried. I tried this a couple years ago, in 08 or 09 sometime. I ruined a pair of headlights doing that. You know when you triy to separate an Oreo cookie, but theres almost always a little cream left on the cookie? Thats what the lens and grey housing looked like.
    Are you referring to OEM headlights or aftermarket headlights? Regardless of which one you were referring to, it sounds like you had a problem with getting the sealant hot enough for removal. I will diffidently say that it took a lot more heat then usual to get the OEM headlights separated, but if your very patient and precise they will separate without the "Oreo" effect. I think I baked the lights 3-4 times, but I made sure the glue was still a little tacky each time I reheated them because you never want that glue to re-harden while your trying to take the lens off.

  10. #40
    newy0rktrini is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by concorso
    Joke all you want, you were the one who said it incorrectly!! The legendary Cadillac ride quality had nothing to do with horsepower, throttle response, acceleration or anything else you mentioned. IT was all suspension.

    Heres a question for ya. Does your CTS ride on its wheels or its transmission and engine?
    Ride quality most definitely does have a textbook defintion. The relative qaulity of the ride is up for opinion, however.
    Yada Yada Yada, you say potato I say whatever.

  11. #41
    Bluehaze07's Avatar
    Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by newy0rktrini

    No your right Germany doesn't have gangstas, they have Soldiers
    Where is the like button damnit lol. The car looks great and I agree with the "paint the headlights". The dual halos over the grey will look great. And it will make your car even more unique.

  12. #42
    Scattilac's Avatar
    Scattilac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    50
    Posts
    501

    Re: The gray n blac lac

    Quote Originally Posted by newy0rktrini View Post
    It's not words that define a soldier, it's his actions. I've served for 10 years so far, 2 tours to war zones and 2 over sea duty assignments. I believe I earned my freedom of speech and protect yours as well.
    My father is retired Navy, my younger brother is a Marine, my older brother is sitting in Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan as I write this.....As stated, I appreciate your service and thank you, but disagree that representing yourself with pride and respect as an enlisted man is consistant with writing or talking like a dolt, free speech or not...(and yes, I do know the F'in definition of free speech, talk that way in front of a DI or officer and see how they address you).

  13. #43
    newy0rktrini is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Scattilac

    My father is retired Navy, my younger brother is a Marine, my older brother is sitting in Camp Leatherneck in Afghanistan as I write this.....As stated, I appreciate your service and thank you, but disagree that representing yourself with pride and respect as an enlisted man is consistant with writing or talking like a dolt, free speech or not...(and yes, I do know the F'in definition of free speech, talk that way in front of a DI or officer and see how they address you).
    Soooo you mean look into the mirror and address myself? I am an Officer, and I didn't make it where I am by being anything other than myself, go figure. Oh yea, thanks for being a " F'in" example of how people should conducted themselves on forums. I'll make sure I take your "F'in" input and put it to "F'in" use.

  14. #44
    Scattilac's Avatar
    Scattilac is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    50
    Posts
    501

    Re: The gray n blac lac

    "you str8" "b4" "imma do"....please tell me you are not an officer in our military and write or speak this way...even on a forum it is embarrassing to think this is the level our military officers are able to reach down to anywhere or any time, even when not on duty...Good luck with your CTS, it is a nice looking car, looks like there is pride of ownership no doubt, sorry I bothered you on here - try not to insult the uniform, return safe.

  15. #45
    newy0rktrini is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    29
    Posts
    161
    TO ALL:

    My words, "str8" "imma do" or any other jargon I choose to use NOW or in the FUTURE is not a reflection of OUR military, MY military professionalism or character. There is a time and place for everything and service members don't excel by displaying anything other then the highest level of professionalism. However, in our daily lives we ARE NOT expected to live within the confines of public opinion. We cannot and should not expect our soldiers to do anything more than to be the protectors of freedom both at home and abroad. We represent American ideals as we occupy countries around the world, but once we return home we would like to UNWIND without being scrutinized. We don't FIGHT and DIE for our country's ideal just to be criticized about how we walk and talk when off duty in our own country. Why should all the burden of exemplary behavior be placed on service members 24/7 when civilians are not held to any standard? shouldn't we all be accountable for our actions or do we place all the burden on service members to live in a bubble of control? There is NO such thing as a perfect Soldier, Officer, Pastor, Policeman or any other public servant. The fact is, these people answered a calling to a higher duty to provide a service to the benefit of many. If their actions are not, illegal, immoral or unethical then PLEASE do not harass them. It is egocentric to measure the actions of others against how you think society or individuals should operate. Unless you are without flaw, you have no room to be critical of others. Again, I AM who I AM, a Soldier, a Father, a Husband, a Mentor, a Leader and apparently a member of a Cadillac forum. Respect my position and if you don't like how I shorthand the English language in an informal online platform, feel free to not reply to my postings.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting