Which of these is best for '05 CTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By SHORTSTACK
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Which of these is best for '05 CTS? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I have tried the search option, I promise. And it says there are absolutely no matches for the search "CTS ...
    DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, Breather cap, drilled PCV, tranny cooler...

Which of these is best for '05 CTS?

I have tried the search option, I promise. And it says there are absolutely no matches for the search "CTS rotors" or "Volant intake" or "CTS-V exhaust"... so I am making one topic to get a couple quick answers.
    1. What is the difference between the CTS-V exhaust and the base CTS exhaust?
    2. What are some good slotted daily driver brake rotors and dust free, quiet pads?
    3. Is the Volant intake loud?
    See, unlike some people, I like the fact that I have a luxury sedan, not a Harley... I do not want to set off car alarms with my exhaust. I want performance, I like the thought of upgrading, but I do not want a loud car. I am looking for a machine that is built to last and built to run, and run well. Porting/polishing the intake and heads, valve job, and lightening/balancing the rotating assembling are all things I am saving up for. But things like lowering springs and swaybars, brakes, exhaust, and intake are all things I can do either myself, or one at a time and hopefully improve the function of my car. I want to know what helps the car run better, and the search option has offered me no help. I would also like to know if there are aftermarket piston rings that solve the 3.6's thirst for oil, or if getting oil drain-back holes drilled in the pistons when they are getting balanced would help cure this as well. Has anyone bothered doing this? Does it work? How much machining have people done to their LY7s? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Re: Which of these is best for '05 CTS?

The v exhaust is made for a 8 cylinder motor and has a higher output(less restrictive) then the ones made for a 2.8, 3.2 or a 3.6.
    R1CONCEPTS.COM (THEY ARE A VENDOR ON THIS SITE). Hawk pads. r1 sells those to.
    The volant is throaty, not loud but you will be able to hear and feel the difference. Volant makes the best cai for our car. (i own one)

You can install a oil catch can to help with oil consumption. RX makes them, its a great product. The same company makes a intake spacer that produces a awesome gain on the top end for very little cost (for the 3.6 only). As for the other questions, i cant answer them.

Only reason im helping is becuase i know the search engine sucks. But most of this is in the faq's. If you want hard numbers on the intake go to the faq's it will tell you that the volant has a huge increase in power over all the other intakes.
    RCVW and RCVW like this.

san2cci is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 3.6 CTS, Volant, V Exhaust, Hotchkis (SOLD!); 2010 2SS

Re: Which of these is best for '05 CTS?

I have the V exhaust on my 3.6, from the cats-back and its not THAT much louder, but you will definately hear it a little more...I like the sound it makes, Im not so sure about how much more power it gives, but I know the pipes are bigger than the 3.6 exhaust. I like it, and I'm glad I got it. Plus, the chrome tips that are welded on there look much better.

As for the Volant, I agree with shortstack. I'd like to add that it is loud when you accelerate but it's not extremely loud. Definately more horsepower.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.