Please HELP me with my TCM U fault
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Please HELP me with my TCM U fault in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; My car has lost communication to the TCM, now when i hock diagnostic machine to the dlc socket, the scan ...
    forumoto is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Please HELP me with my TCM U fault

My car has lost communication to the TCM, now when i hock diagnostic machine to the dlc socket, the scan tool cannot see the tcm, i thought was fried tcm, i have got another one but yet still the problem persist, i have checked the dlc wiring on the socket, and i notice that class 2 wire isnt communicating to the TCM, i decided to test the wire with a little dc volt of 3 dc, now when i hock one end of the wire to the class 2 dlc pin and now went to the engine bay, took the harness off from the transmission and begin to test for continuity, there was no respond from there, i check also for the ecm and i got continuity there, as for the ecm, i have no problem because scan tool communicate, but i just test it for the purpose of this diag...

now my cry out is, where can i locate the joint splice that connect the dlc to the tranny module.... i do not want to loss all the bulk cable... and also as the line did not come through to the tranny harness, i cannot identify it direct at the tranny harness, because i can see a lot of blue right at the tranny harness..

thank you and i hope to read from someone soon...

U2106 is my code
    P0700

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

forumoto is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Please HELP me with my TCM U fault

i have got the wiring harness diagram for the tcm and came to understanding that the class2 is not used there but rather uart/keyword200 is what is used and the wire show live through there, so automatic i will need to order a new tcm rather than relying on junk yard part, when it come to the ecm, sometimes lucky u get good one

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.