Please HELP me with my TCM U fault
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Please HELP me with my TCM U fault in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; My car has lost communication to the TCM, now when i hock diagnostic machine to the dlc socket, the scan ...
    forumoto is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Please HELP me with my TCM U fault

My car has lost communication to the TCM, now when i hock diagnostic machine to the dlc socket, the scan tool cannot see the tcm, i thought was fried tcm, i have got another one but yet still the problem persist, i have checked the dlc wiring on the socket, and i notice that class 2 wire isnt communicating to the TCM, i decided to test the wire with a little dc volt of 3 dc, now when i hock one end of the wire to the class 2 dlc pin and now went to the engine bay, took the harness off from the transmission and begin to test for continuity, there was no respond from there, i check also for the ecm and i got continuity there, as for the ecm, i have no problem because scan tool communicate, but i just test it for the purpose of this diag...

now my cry out is, where can i locate the joint splice that connect the dlc to the tranny module.... i do not want to loss all the bulk cable... and also as the line did not come through to the tranny harness, i cannot identify it direct at the tranny harness, because i can see a lot of blue right at the tranny harness..

thank you and i hope to read from someone soon...

U2106 is my code
    P0700

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

forumoto is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Please HELP me with my TCM U fault

i have got the wiring harness diagram for the tcm and came to understanding that the class2 is not used there but rather uart/keyword200 is what is used and the wire show live through there, so automatic i will need to order a new tcm rather than relying on junk yard part, when it come to the ecm, sometimes lucky u get good one

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.