2003 cts v6 radio
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2003 cts v6 radio in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Whats up ppl I am new here I just got my cts last Saturday and the radio is tripping so ...
    Hozay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

2003 cts v6 radio

Whats up ppl I am new here I just got my cts last Saturday and the radio is tripping so is the cd player I guess form the looks of it lots of ppl are having issues with the radio is this just how it is? Is this standard for cts? I was thinking of just buying a new aftermarket radio but lots of the car functions are shown on the radio screen also takes away the nice look of the radio it comes with...when I turn the car on its hit or miss that the radio would be playing and this sucks big time for me I gotta have some jams bumping for sure. also I get lots of static if the music is working or not I need some help ppl.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: 2003 cts v6 radio

some work, some don't. if you check on the first page of this section, there is a DIY sticky at the top of the page. you either lose the funtion of the Driver Information Center, or DIC...and install a complete new aftermarket headunit. Or you can check the DIY for "retain DIC" and it will walk you through how to do it. One way or another, that will get your "jams bumping for sure".
    There is a ton of good stuff in the DIY section, take some time and read through it.
    Welcome to the forum.

thanx bro I will check that out I was sure there was something already up about that but these forums are new to me and its easy to get lost lol.

Installing a aftermarket unit will take away from the driver info but would it still show up on the dash bored like the air bag warning ect....?????I will check that DIY thread thanx again.

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

sick ass foo thanx man that looks kinda complicated but I might have to do this if my shit keeps tripping.I took my car to the deal where I bought it left if over night cuz the check engine light was on and the trunk opens kinda hard and a missing bulb my turn single on the right side don't go off. It was making a noise when I would shift gears they seemed to have fixed that but now when I start my car it make a rattle noise this whole thing is becoming a nightmare sucks too cuz its such a nice car and at this point its to late to take it back. I work for a ford dealership I am gonna ask them for some help.I took it in to get the engine looked at over night and they told me it was ready didn't wanna show me any paper work of the tests they said they ran or anything I told them st8 up that I thought my car never went to any repair shop the check engine light came on shortly after I left the dealer today and my radio was now even more ****ed they gave me 200 cash and told me to get an aftermarket radio. **** this dealer I got ****ed and I have a feeling I am gonna end up paying out my pocket to get the repairs done right. Or maybe I can become my own ghetto mechanic for all the knowledge on here thanx again guys.

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

If you somewhat mechanically inclined this forum will help you save lots of mucho deniro $$$$$$. Just take time to search and be patient. It a good chance whatever problem you are having someone on here has had it also. Or know someone who did and may have just the solution you need.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.