Airbag light not covered under recall.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By neurotictim
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Airbag light not covered under recall. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Basically the title says it all. My airbag light started going wonky a while back - it would blink a ...
    neurotictim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, stock. Blacked-Out 2007 CTS 3.6 "Odd One"

Airbag light not covered under recall.

Basically the title says it all.

My airbag light started going wonky a while back - it would blink a couple of times (I know, KOT, not supposed to do that - - ) and then go away, while "Service Air Bag" would show up on the DIC. A couple of weeks like that, and one day the light came on and stayed on. :sigh:

I did some searching, here and elsewhere, and since there was no danger of an airbag "going off" as a result of the light, I figured I'd get it fixed, eventually.

Just got off the phone with the dealership, and my car is not covered under the passenger seat sensor recall. :sigh: So it looks like I'm going to pull seats out and try to find the bad connection, if that's what it is.

Before I do this, does anyone have any advice? I'm an electronics engineer by trade, pretty handy with a soldering gun and schematics, so I'm not worried about screwing something up. Mostly I'm just concerned I'm going to waste a lot of time and end up handing over some ridiculous amount to the dealership in the end.

When I get home I'm going to pore over the service manual and see what that has to say, if anything. I'll keep you all posted on my progress, though I probably won't actually start on it till Sunday or Monday - too hot today, and too busy tomorrow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

itscody is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS
    What year is your Cts

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    It should be covered under the recall. Your specific issue may not, but the passenger seat sensor should. Go to the Cadillac customer service forum and open a thread to find the GM rep's email address. Send them the link to this thread, or whatever you like. Include your VIN so they can look it up.

I had my passenger sensor replaced with out any light. Flashing or solid.

KOT

san2cci is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 3.6 CTS, Volant, V Exhaust, Hotchkis (SOLD!); 2010 2SS

Re: Airbag light not covered under recall.

I have the same problem; depending on where the passenger seat is positioned I get a service airbag message on. Brought it to the dealer to get it checked out and they told me it wasnt covered by the recall either!! I call BS. Tried charging me $500 for 1 part.

Kad4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 FE5 Blk/Blk 'Nadine'

So you guys had the recall done, and then this happened ?

Kad

san2cci is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 3.6 CTS, Volant, V Exhaust, Hotchkis (SOLD!); 2010 2SS

The recall was never done in my car; it is covered under something called "special coverage" but the dealerships find some way to tell you how it isn't...so they can charge you $500

Rambo76098 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Just ran into this too with the 05 V I recently bought - have the dealer run the warranty coverage report, it'll show on there as a "special coverage" or something vague. Dealer#1 printed the warranty report, but wouldn't find out what that was and wanted to charge me to diagnose, then repair.

Dealer#2 knew about it and fixed it on the spot, no questions asked (Props to Germain Cadillac of Easton). Not going back to Capital Cadillac in Dublin OH!

neurotictim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, stock. Blacked-Out 2007 CTS 3.6 "Odd One"

In case you didn't see my reply in the Customer Care forum:

Rambo - you really just helped me out big time. I called your dealership - Germaine, OH - and talked to a rep there that knew exactly what I was talking about. She looked up my car by VIN in the GM service system, and told me that my car does in fact fall under the "Special Coverage 10420 - Passenger Seat Airbag Sensor". She even offered to fax that info to my dealership - kudos to Germaine Cadillac!

I called my dealership back - Colonial Cadillac - and scheduled service for this Wednesday, made sure to mention the special coverage, and (unless the light is on for some other reason) I should be good to go. The question now is whether or not I have them service the transmission, since I just rolled over 75k.
    Rambo76098 and Rambo76098 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.