2003 CTS MAP sensor location/replacement
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2003 CTS MAP sensor location/replacement in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hello friends, me again. Thanks for all your help this far. I have another issue, my cts has a very ...
    RobertMcc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS

2003 CTS MAP sensor location/replacement

Hello friends, me again. Thanks for all your help this far. I have another issue, my cts has a very rough idle at the moment. I've replaced the O2 sensor (bank 2 sensor 2) as autozone informed me this was bad, and replaced the spark plugs (AC DELCO's). Now autozone is telling me the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor is bad. Can anyone tell me where this is located and perhaps how to replace it? Any hell would very much be appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2003 CTS MAP sensor location/replacement

Anyone?

Re: *** FAQ - DIY - Guides - How-To - Manuals ***

Hello, great posts thank you. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of the whereabouts of the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor location? I'm trying to fix my 2003 cts and this is the main problem. Thank You!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: 2003 CTS MAP sensor location/replacement

I don't think the 3.2 has one. It has a Mass Air Flow sensor, and if and engine has that, then it doesn't need a MAP.

So the Mass Air Flow sensor is located on the tube from the air box to the throttle body.

KOT

RippyPartsDept is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcc View Post
    Hello, great posts thank you. I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of the whereabouts of the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor location? I'm trying to fix my 2003 cts and this is the main problem. Thank You!!
    this question needs top be in it's own thread

in your '03 you can use the link in the first post that says "How to check OBDII codes on 03 CTS" to pull the codes and then let us know what codes are there

that will help us determine if what you really need

i don't think this car has a MAP sensor in the first place so it's probably best to start off at square one here

any mods around to move this into it's own thread?

Thank you for your reply friend, I appreciate it I really do. I actually had this post in its own thread and did not receive any responses. I thought I'd try my luck here. I took the car to autozone and the code came back as bad MAP sensor, I'm just trying to solve the problem and get my cts running proper again.

Again, thank you very much for your time and suggestions. I tried unplugging the MAF sensor and the car ran exactly the same. Perhaps that was the problem after all? I also ran the codes and got back quite a few hits, maybe someone will know better than I?

DDM Codes
    B1586C - Mirror Horiz. Pos Sensor-Out of Range/Open
    B1591C - Mirror Vert. Pos Sensor-Out of Range/Open

EBC Codes
    C1287H - Steering Sensor Rate Malfunction

IPC Codes
    U1064H - Loss of Communications with DIM

MSM Codes
    B2355H - Driver Front Vertical Sensor Malfunction
    B2356C- (No error code for this one)
    B1826C - (No error code for this one)
    B2366C- (No error code for this one)

ECM Codes
    P0102C - Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor Circuit Low Frequency
    P2009C - Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) Solenoid Control Circuit Low Voltage
    P0661C - Intake Manifold Tuning (IMT) Valve Solenoid Control Circuit Low Voltage
    P0660C - Intake Manifold Tuning (IMT) Valve Solenoid Control Circuit
    P0444C - Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit Open
    P0128C - Coolant Thermostat Below Thermostat Regulating Temperature

ONS Codes
    B2470C - Daytime Running Lamps Fault

That's it, it does mention the MAF sensor and no mention of a MAP sensor. Thank You very much for your help

10. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.