CTS 2005 Fuel Tank Pressure sensor
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Argent1
  • 2 Post By CTSUK
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS 2005 Fuel Tank Pressure sensor in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Is this little blighter accessible to the lower end of the car or does the fuel tank require removal to ...
    CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

CTS 2005 Fuel Tank Pressure sensor

Is this little blighter accessible to the lower end of the car or does the fuel tank require removal to access, trying to diagnose an issue, already tried cleaning up the vent pipe to the gas filler and its clear of blockages, the fuel cap not yet replaced but forward thinking want to know how bigger job replacing the FTP sensor will be, I hate check engine lights, it just comes back on with P0451 and P0453 each time I reset it with my bluetooth OBDII.

Many thanks in advance

Stuart

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Argent1 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Re: CTS 2005 Fuel Tank Pressure sensor

Check the simple stuff first. Take a good look at the cap, maybe it's not sealing.
    Replace if questionable, they are not expensive.

After researching those codes I would change the Evap. Purge Solenoid.
    It's easy & cheap.
    CTSUK and CTSUK like this.

Thanks will give both of those a go and see how it goes!

----------

Quick question, is there a right and wrong way to fit a purge solenoid?, I removed my engine cover and checked out the solenoid underneath, what threw me was this photo on here after searching for photos of one:

Both of these are google images photos and not my vehicle as its to dark here in the UK to get a good shot!
    Mine is fitted the reverse way to this so that the connector end has the black pushfit and the non connector end has the white pushfit, so beginning to think its fitted wrong way round, will give it a go tomorrow other way I think providing someone could confirm for me as id hate to do the car any damage!

It will only fit one way on my caddy so it cant be that as the wire wont stretch enough to plug into it.
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

Argent1 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

I think the tube connections are also different.

Could well be, mines a euro spec right hand drive, its a sad shame that Cadillac didn't fit a fuel pump door access panel to the vehicle for easier maintainability, found a pdf for fitting a new FTP sensor, heres a link if it helps anyone, 4 hour job with good set of garage ramps: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/mo...3903_fuelt.pdf
    Gonna try a new gas cap first then reset the codes again and see if it comes back, I guess one way of testing if its leaking would be to go for a good drive then park up and undo the cap and see if it hisses right?
    If so will have to order one from rock auto as they dont have many cts parts this side of the pond!

Well fellas it turns out the air filter was past its best, I didn't know how long it had been since the filter was done so replaced out with a K&N lifetime filter, the engine light and P0451/P0453 codes have gone so far!

Bah, so much for that lol, after a few restarts its come back!

Stu

jaguar1964 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 cts sport

Hi Stuart,I have the same symptoms on my 3.6 cts 2005, did you get this problem sorted.

Regards Colin uk

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.