Help CTS Grille - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Help CTS Grille in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by RobertCTS http://www.egclassic.com/cadgrille25.htm they only sell upper and lower together.. i already got an oem v upper..i need ...
    crockone is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Help CTS Grille

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    they only sell upper and lower together.. i already got an oem v upper..i need the bottom.. just the botom

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by crockone
    they only sell upper and lower together.. i already got an oem v upper..i need the bottom.. just the botom
    Crock
    This issue has come up before. I don't think you're gonna find one. You might wanna give some consideration to fabricating your own from mesh stock. It's available from several suppliers on the internet.

Crock
    This issue has come up before. I don't think you're gonna find one. You might wanna give some consideration to fabricating your own from mesh stock. It's available from several suppliers on the internet.

umm i if wanted to look like a civic i would of bought one..
    but thanks tho.. there gotta be a place that has only the bottom one.. grrrrrr.

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I WANT JUST THE BOTTOM.. WHERE CAN I GET JUST THE BOTTOM GRILL??? MESH.
    Yo CRock, go here http://www.usspeedonline.com/page/U/CTGY/CTS
    The site has the entire V-grille set on their page, but if you call them at 800-291-9861 the customer service rep will tell you that you can get just the lower grill for $139. I hope it is a perfect match with your currentt V grille!

thanks

greerr is offline Cadillac Owners Member

200 bucks from the dealer man..
    crockone,

I just ordered my grille, do you have any tips for installation or is it pretty straight forward?

ErikHoff is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My dealer installed it for $20 bucks. I didn't want to bother with it.

Quote Originally Posted by greerr
    crockone,

I just ordered my grille, do you have any tips for installation or is it pretty straight forward?
    Crock,
    You should be able to do it in less than 45 minutes. Here's my post from earlier in this thread. The only tool you'll need is a pair of side cutter and two Buds.
    :drinker
    RobertCTS vbmenu_register("postmenu_221865", true);
    Cadillac Enthusiast
    Posts per day: 2.47

Ownership: 1972 Corvette roadster, red on red '04 CTS

I'M BETTING YOU GOT 12 RETAINERS. FOUR ARE AT THE TOP. THE THINGS ARE CHEAP. GET'EM AT YOUR PARTS DEPARTMENT. SIDE CUTTER WORK FINE. THEIR ALL ACCESSIBLE FROM THE BACK OFF THE GRILL. THE ONE ON THE SIDE ARE A LITTLE TOUGHER. YOU'LL NOTICE THE RETAINERS ARE INSTALLED FROM THE BACK SIDE. WHEN YOU REINSTALL, INSERT THEM FROM THE TOP AT THE REAR OF THE GRILL. THAT'S A MUST! NO FRIGIN' WAY CAN YOU INSTALL LIKE AT THE FACTORY. IT DOESN'T MATTER SINCE EITHER SIDE HOLD THE GRILL IN PLACE. THIS IS THE WAY THE REST OF US HAVE DONE IT. GOOD LUCK. SORRY FOR THE CAP LOCK

its easy.. the hardest thing it reaching behind .. i bent the front bumper to reach in by the latch and cracked the top of my bumper.. thats the main reason i got it painted. be carefull i would take off the bumper and do it.. but then again you dont have to. if i had to redo it i would definitly take the bumper off and do it. just my 2 cents.

its easy.. the hardest thing it reaching behind .. i bent the front bumper to reach in by the latch and cracked the top of my bumper.. thats the main reason i got it painted. be carefull i would take off the bumper and do it.. but then again you dont have to. if i had to redo it i would definitly take the bumper off and do it. just my 2 cents.
    Ooh man You cracked your bumper? How did you ever do that? It really is an easy job. Having big hands can make it uncomfortable on the sides retainers. I had my wife clip the side retainers. Crock, what's it gonna cost you to repair your bumper?

Ooh man You cracked your bumper? How did you ever do that? It really is an easy job. Having big hands can make it uncomfortable on the sides retainers. I had my wife clip the side retainers. Crock, what's it gonna cost you to repair your bumper?
    i cracked it by the top the two squares on both sides of bumper.. i had it fixed when i painted the bumpers last week.

skepticman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Black Raven CTS 1SB, Luxury and Sport packages

I was reluctant to do the V mesh grill, but I wondered what it would look like painted black. After seeing these photos, I might have to do it in the spring.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=28466

Quote Originally Posted by skepticman
    I was reluctant to do the V mesh grill, but I wondered what it would look like painted black. After seeing these photos, I might have to do it in the spring.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=28466
    either way you still have to take ot off to paint it right.. so get the v for that trouble.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.