Camber adjustment on front wheels
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By khpappas
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Camber adjustment on front wheels in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I was wondering if the camber is able to be adjusted on the front end. I have 1" drop springs ...
    Johncrank11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts

Camber adjustment on front wheels

I was wondering if the camber is able to be adjusted on the front end. I have 1" drop springs in the front and its eating tires like crazy. I had it aligned and they just did a toe n go. I asked for the printout but the just so happen to accidently clear the data and was not able to get me the printout.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Alignments aren't my forte. But I do know that you lose some camber adjustment range when you drop any car. However, for some cars, if not all cus idk, there are extenders to allow to gain the camber back.

KOT

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

Re: Camber adjustment on front wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Johncrank11 View Post
    I was wondering if the camber is able to be adjusted on the front end. I have 1" drop springs in the front and its eating tires like crazy. I had it aligned and they just did a toe n go. I asked for the printout but the just so happen to accidently clear the data and was not able to get me the printout.
    what size wheels and offset are you running? it sounds like you have the wrong offset to me, which will eat up tires when you drop a car

Ikera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2, 1990 Nissan 240sx Turbocharged

I'll admit I have wrong offset wheels but I would really like them to fit, I've rolled and pulled my fenders, they only rub sometimes and I think a little negative camber will fix it. (and look hella cool)
    suspension H&R 50781 spings + MM Spacers (drop 1.2" front and 2" back)
    rims 19x8.5 +15 front and back
    tires 235/45/R19

yes i know the rims and tires sizing is a bit stupid, but I got a really good deal on them $490 total w/ new tires, the outside diameter of the tires are only 18mm bigger than stock CTS-V tires

RobinC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts

I get crazy camber wear also... my solution... buy cheap tires haha, then keep a close eye on them when they wear on the insdie flip them. Ive gone through 4 sets of tires in the past year.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I was wondering if the camber is able to be adjusted on the front end. I have 1" drop springs in the front and its eating tires like crazy. I had it aligned and they just did a toe n go.
    Yes, camber is adjustable front and rear. With my car lowered ~1" I'm still able to get more than -2* camber at both ends of the car.

How are you wearing the tires?

I asked for the printout but the just so happen to accidently clear the data and was not able to get me the printout.
    I would have refused to pay for the work. If they had to throw it back on the rack to get me a printout, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I get crazy camber wear also... my solution... buy cheap tires haha, then keep a close eye on them when they wear on the insdie flip them. Ive gone through 4 sets of tires in the past year.
    I'd bet a set of tires that your wear issue is due to improper toe, not camber.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

RobinC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts

My car is slammed on ksports with 9 up front and 10 in in back with +20 offset haha... I dont mind it. I only take it to car shows and drive 5 miles to work now. Its the look im going for I guess not everybodys flavor. oh well

khpappas is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L - Black/Black
    Caster and camber can be adjusted by repositioning lower control arm in the slotted LCA bracket. See attacjed.
    http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/Arti...illac_cts.aspx
    Ikera likes this.

Ikera is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS 3.2, 1990 Nissan 240sx Turbocharged

Quote Originally Posted by khpappas View Post
    Caster and camber can be adjusted by repositioning lower control arm in the slotted LCA bracket. See attacjed.
    http://www.brakeandfrontend.com/Arti...illac_cts.aspx
    awesome thanks a lot, I wasn't sure if the front camber is adjustable but looks like it is!

RCVW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "Angel Dust" 2004 White Diamond CTS 3.6L-V
    Im pretty slammed on D2's with +51 18x7.5's and i have -3 on both rears and -4 up front...tried to 0 everything out but with my drop its the best they could get it....from my research theres no camber kits for the 1st gens.

jran0823 is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
    Check out cambertire once. They make a tire to compensate wear for negative camber.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.