does anyone have anything good to say about the CTS. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, does anyone have anything good to say about the CTS. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Just like any car, you take care of it. It take cares of you. Abuse it, it's gonna say screw ...
    Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Just like any car, you take care of it. It take cares of you. Abuse it, it's gonna say screw you and it's gonna cost to fix it.

I am not talking about being a heavy foot like some of us including myself. I am talking about not keep up with maintenance such as oil level and what not.

Ive had my 2006 CTS since December 2008, she has a little over 30,000 miles. Now she has over 107,000. All work was done under warranty, so I have no idea how much it would of cost.

What was done was the timing cover gasket, drivers memory seat module, and something else. I just can't recall at the moment.

But in 2009, I was in a head on crash with an 18 wheeler my fault. But the CTS? What a beast, I was able to drive away from the scene while the 18 wheeler could not. Granted it was the finder into his wheel, but still great I drove away. Lol

KOT
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by concorso
    No....
    Ha ha.....

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by chucks CTS
    Damn im starting to get worried after some of the horror stories i read online about the CTS's because since the day the CTS's come out its been a dream car of mine. It and the H2 Hummer. Well after selling some land i decided i wanted to be king of the road so i purchased an 2006 H2 Hummer which was great car. But problem is the year i bought it was pretty much gas prices started sky rocketing. So at the time i also had a lincoln continental which i drove 90% of time because at $100 of gas per filling the H2 it got old quick. So after having it little over 3 years & watching Transformers & falling in love with bumble bee i traded my H2 which only had 21,000 miles on it. So i traded for a 2010 2SS Camaro Inferno Orange with white stripes. It was as our economy started to tank & the Camaro was still only way you got one is by ordering them. So the dealership had so many people wanting them they wouldnt even let you test drive them. So i traded anyways not realizing the horrible blind spots they had. Loved the car but apparently so did many other people so GM flooded market with them. Well that winter come & it decided to snow more than normal & after market flooded with Camaro's i traded it for a 2011 Silverado crew cab which i absolutely love. But i always had a place in my heart for a CTS well i finally broke down last week and bought my 1st ever Cadillac of any kind & still loving it. Its got the 3.6L V6 which at 1st scared me being a V6 but after driving it all i can say is wow. When i bought the camaro they wouldnt let me test drive the 2SS but they had a V6 one someone had ordered & backed out on & they let me test drive it instead. Well it had good power so i new V8 would be great & it wasnt to shabby. But back to point of my CTS i would actually put money on my CTS To beat the V6 Camaro i drove. My point is im very pleased with power & ride. But after reading horror stories will my new CTS well new to me its 2004 model will it still be my a car of my dreams or a nightmare of a car. Sorry for long winded story but im newbie to being owner of a Cadillac & to this sight. Im hoping alot of bad stories are just people who never actually owned one but. Wish they could & thought they just dog them?
    Check out the sticky for common issues/maint that is common to the car. You will be fine as long as the car has been maintained.

notld67 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 Acura ILX / 2011 Camaro LS

Re: does anyone have anything good to say about the CTS.

I love my car, I don't baby her but she is maintained very well. I drive mine everyday over 100 miles a day most of the time. She has 76k miles right now and has had some issues but like everyone said the parts are cheap just stay away from the caddy dealer. Mine has been through it all, tornado weather, ice storms, snow, 110 degree heat. She even went about 1/4 of a mile through some standing flood water when I got stuck in a flash flood. My only complaints is the build quality of the interior is not very good imo

odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I wouldn't put money on a V6 CTS beating a V6 Camaro. As much as I like the V6 CTS... it wouldn't hold up vs a V6 Camaro. I'm speaking from experience.

That said, the platform itself, the luxury features, and everything you can get for the PRICE you can get it (especially nowdays) is phenomenal.
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

curtc is online now OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 128k
    Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth
    I wouldn't put money on a V6 CTS beating a V6 Camaro. As much as I like the V6 CTS... it wouldn't hold up vs a V6 Camaro. I'm speaking from experience.

That said, the platform itself, the luxury features, and everything you can get for the PRICE you can get it (especially nowdays) is phenomenal.
    Yeah, LLT Camaro will have its way with an LY7 CTS, its got 45 more horse and weighs less, do the math...
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

A car is only as good as its maintainer

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

Like any machine, if you maintain it, it will reward you with good service & economical operation.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

How do you go from an 06 Hummer, to a 2010 Camaro, to a 2011 Silverado, then to a 2004 CTS?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH
    How do you go from an 06 Hummer, to a 2010 Camaro, to a 2011 Silverado, then to a 2004 CTS?
    Economy sucks apparently
    SHORTSTACK and SHORTSTACK like this.
    Past Cadillac's

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post
    Economy sucks apparently
    Thanks to our government getting us in more debt every month....

Firewalker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 3.6l

I love my CTS. I can afford to drive most any car made, I choose the first gen CTS. Every time I drive it I think to myself "I love this car!" Cannot say that I thought that about many other vehicles and I have owned far too many!

Quote Originally Posted by Firewalker
    I love my CTS. I can afford to drive most any car made, I choose the first gen CTS. Every time I drive it I think to myself "I love this car!" Cannot say that I thought that about many other vehicles and I have owned far too many!
    I've said that about EVERY Cadillac I've ever owned My CTS was a fun car, just not big enough for me unfortunately. Just like the commercial says; "When you turn your car on, does it return the favor?"

Hell yeah!
    Past Cadillac's

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

06 - bought it at 65k 2 1/2 years ago, now have 103k and haven't had to do a thing besides general maintenance. I absolutely LOVE this car, all I can hope for is to get my V card someday,punny. but really, I don't think you can beat this car as for overall value. It's just great.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by odthetruth View Post

Stock for stock, a CTS is quite a few lengths slower then the V6 Camaro in in the 1/4.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.