does anyone have anything good to say about the CTS. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, does anyone have anything good to say about the CTS. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by Argent1 Mine do ,too. Here here. They dim for me as well....
    blatant blue is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 Thunder Gray CTS 3.6L
    Quote Originally Posted by Argent1 View Post
    Mine do ,too.
    Here here. They dim for me as well.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Re: does anyone have anything good to say about the CTS.

Quote Originally Posted by curtc View Post
    I swapped to LEDs and they still dim fine...
    maybe i turned dimming off... ill have to double check... maybe it does still dim, now i cant even remember lol

FRANKIE FINGERS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

Thanks guys, I was starting to feel like I bought the wrong car after reading about all the issues and problems. I have always owned a GM vehicle from my first Chevy S10 in high school to my lifted Chevy 2500HD. I wanted a luxury car and figured, well I ll just stick to GM. Anyways. I love my car

tp2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L Black/Black

Yeah, I have to agree with everyone else. I've had my car for going on three years now and I absolutely love it. I still look forward to driving it every day. I've had a few problems here and there but what car doesn't? And I'm very lucky to have found this forum to solve what few problems I do have.

ShapeShifter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS Sport w/Wheel Performance & Sport Appearance Pkgs
    Well I came here about two months ago asking questions because I was thinking of buying a 2006. I was so impressed with the info I read and member responses that I bought the car the next day. So far, it's the best decision I've made this year!

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    Well I came here about two months ago asking questions because I was thinking of buying a 2006. I was so impressed with the info I read and member responses that I bought the car the next day. So far, it's the best decision I've made this year!
    Here is Wes's first thread and post
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-good-buy.html

Looking back over it, Wes (shapeshifter) talked to me (aged 55), Argent (aged 60), Scattilac (aged 47), Kad4life (aged 65), and Shortstack (aged 33, still wet behind the ears) before he pulled the trigger. That adds up to a lot of life experience to draw on.
    ShapeShifter and ShapeShifter like this.

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by neurotictim
    I work with a bunch of teen and 20-somethings (sailors) and I'm constantly helping them buy cars - it's a calling, I guess - making sure they have all their paperwork, the numbers are right, that they're getting the right car for them, for the right price. If you don't know this, areas around military bases are the WORST for car buying, because there are so many places more than happy to rip off 18-year-old E1s and put them into a POS for a "low, low price" of $400 a month for 72 months or some nonsense. The guaranteed pay is a huge draw for sleazy lenders and dealers.

Anyway, one of the steps in the process is to have these kids search for forums on the vehicle they want to buy. Without fail, they ALWAYS come back to me thinking they're about to buy the biggest piece o' crap on the road. I have to explain to them that what they're finding tells them more, realistically, about the human condition than the automobile.

People just don't get online to gush about how great things are. As a general rule, if you eat at a restaurant that offers phenomenal food at a very reasonable price, you *might* post something on Facebook, but odds are you're not going to go and leave a positive review online somewhere else. That changes completely if you have a horrid experience - you can't WAIT to get online and blast them, to "warn" other potential customers off. That's true of restaurants, movies, video games, whatever. ESPECIALLY cars.

At any rate, if that was TL;DR for ya, what I'm getting at is that pretty much everyone here LOVES their car(s). Most of us have owned one or two prior to the CTS, and most of us can't imagine how we managed to drive around before the CTS. So take the criticisms with a grain of salt, and read between the lines, and you'll get the picture.
    Hey, where would you send the sailors to get a new to them car, up there where you are at. My sis (sailor) is looking for a ride.

thestig8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Lux Sport "Camille"

I have no complaints...it's been a great car for me.

dumaurier is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts 3.6L Stealth Grey / Luxury

All I can do is echo the other responses here. I have owned mine since Oct. of last year and have nothing but good things to say. It has been a pleasure to own and in fact all I feel like doing most days is jumping in it and driving!.
    On a side note I would like to thank the members here for their constant dedication and enthusiasm in providing unparalleled information to the people who need it. This forum is truly one of kind.
    Keep up the good work guys!........oh and bye the way in in the 50+ club too.
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

rddd1962 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS Premium AWD Diamond White/08 SRX V6 AWD Crystal Red

I love my CTS. I bought mine last January with 32k and now have 96k I drive a lot and most of it is highway through the mountains, or in the cities of the well maintained north east. My buddy bought an BMW 5 same time as me and put half the miles on it, his costs have been triple mine. he has also been without his car for warranty work more than me. Oh I also paid less than half of what he did I liked mine so much that when I replaced my wife's car in Dec I got her an 08 SRX V6. Anything that rotates will require maintenance and repair my next car will most likely be another cadi.
    CTSM and CTSM like this.

X Rolls-Royce is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I bought mine in June 2011 and am a few hundred short of my first 15,000 miles. 91660 to 106,4xx. Have been doing all the 100000 mile stuff. I'm in it for the long haul and like above, all I really want to do is drive the thing all day and night. No car has ever moved me like this one.
    CTSM and CTSM like this.

rogerthat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I was in the same boat!! I wasn't quit sure if I wanted to purchase my CTS until I checked here. Perfect car for me (2004 80k 1owner). I had purchased a Nissan Altima two months prior (2012) and I let my wife have that. She wants my CTS- not going to happen lol... Also my CTS has the "V" on the trunk, but it's a 3.6l VVT.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehaze07 View Post
    Hey, where would you send the sailors to get a new to them car, up there where you are at. My sis (sailor) is looking for a ride.
    this made me thing of Austin powers...

----------------------

honestly, i think the cts is one of the best cars in its class out on the road. think of all you are getting for your money. cadillac is a brand name, and a good one at that. a lot of the negativity you hear about cadillacs comes from people that own hondas without power options because "they dont break"... right...theres nothing there too break. the whole cadillacs have electrical problems goes hand in hand with the actually having a electrical system that is composed of more than 3 wires and 1 fuse.
    when leather is standard, power options arent "options" remote entry , and cd changers with steering wheel controls become "standard" on all imports let me know, untill then ill stick with my luxury sport sedans (or other GM products)

besides that, i just dont really like anything on the road that isnt made by GM in the same class of vehicle except for Benz, but they are too hard to work on yourself, and the parts cost a lot, so i dont think i would buy 1 unless i got it bran new and was getting rid of it before warranty was up and if it came with free oil changes. ($300 dealer services...)

MWA
    MWA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 Black Raven CTS, 07 Gold Mist CTS

Come on, Rogerthat, trade what you dumped on her in on a CTS that "she likes". Get her one of her own!

dumaurier is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts 3.6L Stealth Grey / Luxury

cadillac is a brand name, and a good one at that. a lot of the negativity you hear about cadillacs comes from people that own hondas
    This is true. As soon as you tell someone you own a Caddie, they look at you wierd and start spewing out a bunch of crap.... Bottom line they just wish they had one too.
    curtc, curtc, Argent1 and 5 others like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.