!!Warning---DON'T BUY FROM SPOILER DEPOT---Warning!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, !!Warning---DON'T BUY FROM SPOILER DEPOT---Warning!! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; So I ordered a spoiler off Ebay from Spoiler Depot, and this thing is crap!! I layer this on my ...
    DeFo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs down !!Warning---DON'T BUY FROM SPOILER DEPOT---Warning!!

So I ordered a spoiler off Ebay from Spoiler Depot, and this thing is crap!!

I layer this on my trunk lid for test fitting and none of the dimensions line-up with the trunk as they should. It is too narrow (huge gap at each end) and it does not align correctly with the 3rd brake light. I have been trying to return this "as it is not what they described" and they have been trying to screw me since. It was a pre-painted spoiler, that does not fit (see pics) and they tell me they will not refund for the initial shipping and the paint, yet it was included in the sale (you had to choose between 1 of 4 available colors). This statement was in their auction "Spoiler is OEM certified as a factory replacement", which appears to be a flat out lie.

Anyway, this is just a warning to all Cadillac owners, DON'T BUY FROM SPOILER DEPOT!!

Lesson: Always buy genuine GM parts

Look at the pics a decide for yourselves.

looks correct here, but no where else
    http://images61.fotki.com/v777/photo...tocopy3-vi.jpg

does no wrap the 3rd brake light correctly
    http://images16.fotki.com/v377/photo...tocopy2-vi.jpg

left side gap
    http://images61.fotki.com/v777/photo.../photo1-vi.jpg

right side gap
    http://images55.fotki.com/v659/photo...tocopy1-vi.jpg

these are some web pics of OEM spoilers for comparison
    http://images16.fotki.com/v382/photo...poiler1-vi.png

http://images55.fotki.com/v648/photo...poiler1-vi.jpg

photos are hosted here: http://public.fotki.com/CLZ/cts/
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Re: !!Warning---DON'T BUY FROM SPOILER DEPOT---Warning!!

your pictures make it kinda hard to see what we are looking at, but i can tell its not OEM design.
    take a picture that shows the whole spoiler from the top, and another from the back.

dumaurier is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts 3.6L Stealth Grey / Luxury

your pictures make it kinda hard to see what we are looking at
    I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by ghettomike View Post
    your pictures make it kinda hard to see what we are looking at, but i can tell its not OEM design.
    take a picture that shows the whole spoiler from the top, and another from the back.
    Yeah, they are pretty close up....Ill take some more tomorrow

ShapeShifter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS Sport w/Wheel Performance & Sport Appearance Pkgs

If you used PayPal to pay for it, then just login and go to the Resolution Center and file a Dispute. I've always gotten refunded.

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    If you used PayPal to pay for it, then just login and go to the Resolution Center and file a Dispute. I've always gotten refunded.
    I did just that, I will see what happens and keep everyone posted.
    I got home after dark, and will try to snap better pics tomorrow.

So I wanted to follow-up for anyone who might be interested. One of my complaints was that Spoiler Depot's ad claimed "Spoiler is OEM certified as a factory replacement". I asked for a copy of this "certification". That never went anywhere, but they did send this comment via email "Hi Tony, The spoiler is an aftermarket spoiler and when we make the mold from the original. We do get some shrinkage. In the overall scheame of things, a little shorter does not present a problem but it does save you a ton of money vrs. buying the one from GM.
    Thank you,
    Travis"
    Well apparently PayPal has sided with me, and to return the item, with tracking, and I would receive a full refund.

But just in case anyone else was thinking about this product, here are some better photos.
    I used blue tape to help highlight the edges of the trunk, then I aligned the spoiler with the center of the 3rd brake light. (please not the ends of the spoiler are slightly "lifted", but I don't think that would have be a problem if and when it was bolted down.
    If I slide the spoiler rearward to the edge of the trunk lid, the center of the spoiler overhangs the 3rd brake light more than an inch.
    The width does not line-up, no matter how you position it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeFo View Post
    ....Well apparently PayPal has sided with me....
    Knew it would work out for ya! So their position was....even their product with fitment issues is better than paying the higher price for the OEM part.How chitty is that logic.

cabletech is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.2L M35 LtPt

Well, I have an ebay spoiler from The Spoiler Company, and it has about a 1/4" gap on both sides. You know what? Doesn't bother me one little bit in the slightest. I'm quite happy with it, think it looks very good, especially for the price ($119 painted). Honestly, I think you're expecting too much. You want OEM fit and finish, then pay for it (probably $600 total by the time the paint is dry, I'd assume). You want an inexpensive aftermarket alternative that 99.9% of people would never glance twice at... well, that's where these come in.

Quote Originally Posted by cabletech View Post
    Well, I have an ebay spoiler from The Spoiler Company, and it has about a 1/4" gap on both sides. You know what? Doesn't bother me one little bit in the slightest. I'm quite happy with it, think it looks very good, especially for the price ($119 painted). Honestly, I think you're expecting too much. You want OEM fit and finish, then pay for it (probably $600 total by the time the paint is dry, I'd assume). You want an inexpensive aftermarket alternative that 99.9% of people would never glance twice at... well, that's where these come in.
    But they should have more accurate information in their Ad that would allow each potential buyer to correctly evaluate their product against the OEM spec spoiler. Then each persons purchase decsion could be based on spending less for their item with possible fitment issues vs. higher cost spent with better fitment for a more OEM spec'd item. To me, that makes for an honest and aboveboard Ad!

Quote Originally Posted by cabletech View Post
    I would have been OK with smaller gaps....this was just too much.
    Also I picked up an OEM spoiler last week (unpainted), for $106 shipped. The seller has more if anyone is interested, here is the link:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/160706323704...9#ht_750wt_884

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
    But they should have more accurate information in their Ad that would allow each potential buyer to correctly evaluate their product against the OEM spec spoiler. Then each persons purchase decsion could be based on spending less for their item with possible fitment issues vs. higher cost spent with better fitment for a more OEM spec'd item. To me, that makes for an honest and aboveboard Ad!
    ^^Exactly!...and now others here can decide for themselves what is more important.
    The "certified OEM replacement" was just marketing B.S.

dumaurier is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 cts 3.6L Stealth Grey / Luxury

Good move Defo! The replica looks bulky and cheap. (never mind the overhang on the brake light).
    If your gonna drill holes in your trunk,,then you might as well do it with the right spoiler! JMO

Quote Originally Posted by dumaurier View Post
    Good move Defo! The replica looks bulky and cheap. (never mind the overhang on the brake light).
    If your gonna drill holes in your trunk,,then you might as well do it with the right spoiler! JMO
    Yeah, I should have known better. I will update everyone, and add more pics when I get the OEM spoiler painted and installed.

txbest1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"

after reading all of this, and notld can testify to this, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

Spoiler Depot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hi there-
    We've just run across this forum and would like to offer some clarification. We do not currently sell and have not sold merchandise on EBay for over 5 years. This post is from within the past few weeks- unfortunately it appears as though you were provided an inferior product by someone using a company name similar to our own.
    Please also note- we do not have a single person employed within our company named Travis.
    Again, we do not sell on EBay, all of our merchandise is listed at www.spoilerdepot.com.
    Thank you
    Argent1 and Argent1 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.